PDA

View Full Version : Passin in the playground

RiCE-DaDDy
10-07-2002, 03:16 PM
6 demerit points?!?!?? WTF and $150!!!! anyways i was driving along 12 ave. just before downtown, id say a few blocks away from bankers, but still no buildings. anyways i was creeping past a car going at 30 and a cop busts me for passing in a playground zone. good thing he "gave" me a break! I gotta be more careful around piggies. also i say a azn woman jay walk in front of a cop, the cop did nothing.... back the blue?? my ass

kevie88
10-07-2002, 03:23 PM
I can't believe you didn't know that was illegal! That's like one of the worst moving violations!:confused:

RSeXy
10-07-2002, 03:43 PM
haha..yeah you are never supposed to pass in a playground zone!
sorry, but playground zones are not that long..why didn't you just follow patiently behind? :rolleyes: :dunno:

Stratus_Power
10-07-2002, 03:46 PM
yeh u never ever speed or pass in playground or school zone! EVER!

kenny
10-07-2002, 03:47 PM
$150 / 6 demerits should be enough deterrent to prevent some kid from getting smoked by a car who can't see the side of the road while he is passing another car. tsk tsk! :)

buh_buh
10-07-2002, 03:52 PM
wow, I think you did get off easy for passing in a playground zone. I thought the fine would have been much higher. But yeah, passing in a playground zone is one of the worst violations you can get.

GTS Jeff
10-07-2002, 05:46 PM
man u suck! i get pissed if ppl pass me in a playground zone, cuz it is pretty damn reckless. u never know why the other car is going slower, could be cuz theyre old shitty drivers, or it could be cuz theres a kid running across the road.

anyway, go get the ticket reduced in court by talking to the crown prosecutor. i got playground zone ticket reduced a lot that way

sexualbanana
10-07-2002, 05:49 PM
yeah, i get annoyed when people pass me in playground zones. it's not exactly the smartest thing to do. no offence

finboy
10-07-2002, 05:51 PM
if you need to pass someone and you are approaching a playground zone, wouldn't it be legal to get in the lane beside them before the playground zone, and ride beside them through the zone, then pass them when you exit? thats what i do all the time.

shadowz
10-07-2002, 05:55 PM
Even if the person beside you is going 10km/h you cant pass them at ALL!

Stratus_Power
10-07-2002, 06:01 PM
haha thats wat i do at the street behind me. i go at about 55 ... when there is no playground zone.. if i see some guy rushing hella fast behind me ( which makes him going way faster than 60.. consider 50 is the limit) then i slow down to like 15-20 in the playground zone just to piss him off :P

Ferio_vti
10-07-2002, 06:12 PM
I've also been told that you can't change lanes in a playground/school zone. This true?? I can't see how it would be possible, considering some locations and lengths of some zones.

finboy
10-07-2002, 06:17 PM
what i meant is stay beside the slow ass before the zone and go through the play ground zone beside him, then floor it once you get out.

Fluidic
10-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
I've also been told that you can't change lanes in a playground/school zone. This true?? I can't see how it would be possible, considering some locations and lengths of some zones.

True

DSM Power
10-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Grrr... the playground/school zone in McKenzie in the worst damn spot for people passing me when I'm doing 30. The police really need to set up a bust there. :banghead: :guns:

Ben
10-07-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Grrr... the playground/school zone in McKenzie in the worst damn spot for people passing me when I'm doing 30. The police really need to set up a bust there. :banghead: :guns:

WORD TO THAT!!! Some older F**KER in a BMW 5 series roared passed me in that playground horn, so I laid on the horn (as usual), and the faggot slammed on his brakes to get beside me, then game me the finger and sped off through the playground zone again! I couldn't believe it! Go figure the one and only day I didn't have my Cell Phone!

You deserve that ticket my friend...ignorance plays jack in the eyes of the traffic law, especially with all the recent crap happening. Is that wat you goit? 6 demerits and 150 fine?

If you went to court, I bet you could get some deduction, but not much...maybe 6 demerits and a smaller fine, or 4 demerits and a smaller fine, but I dont forsee it possible whatsoever to get no demerits. Call Pointts, see what they have to say, its free consultation...might as well try.

www.pointts.ca

HRD2PLZ
10-07-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

Yup. Everyday driving home from work somebody either passes me or gives me dirty looks while they ride my bumper through that playground zone. Cops are there once in a while, but not often enough.

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-07-2002, 08:15 PM
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :werd:

finboy
10-07-2002, 08:15 PM
peopls are ALWAYS turning off onto 13th ave from 4th street (i live right beside it, then look at me dirty when i honk at them, bastards.

2K255HP
10-07-2002, 08:23 PM
as Jeff Type R said, it is reckless to pass in a playground zone
I hate people dat just can't slow down for a little while, its not that big of a deal.

Doesn't anyone these days think about the little kids :dunno:

In summer when i was in Vancouver, no one slowed down in playground zones, everyone would be tailing i would wave for them to go first and they actually did :thumbsdow

ninjak84
10-07-2002, 08:29 PM
wow....
thats a huge fine, and alot of demerits. i knew it was bad, but not that bad

sexualbanana
10-07-2002, 09:04 PM
anything in a playground zone is going to lighten ur wallet and add a lot of weight to ur driving record

RiceCake
10-07-2002, 09:25 PM
You should always slow down for a playground zone... Some cops are really anal... I had a friend pulled over for doing 34 km/h in the playground zone on 14th St NW.

But yeah kids can be quite unpredictable and you should keep that in mind. :)

max_boost
10-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Patience dude.....statistics have proven that speeding/passing other cars doesn't get you there much faster

2K255HP
10-07-2002, 10:32 PM
definetly......you can pass the car but later up ahead you probably have to stop for the red light anyways

Maxt
10-08-2002, 06:07 AM
Which 12th ave playground zone was it?
The one down by the saddledome? or the one thats around 6 or 7 street sw.
The one down by the saddledome actually has a well used playground nearby it with kids usually in it, I have never seen a speedtrap or anything in that zone..
The one down by 7st sw, I have never ever seen a kid anywhere near that playground zone, that nearby school has been closed for awhile now, but it always has a radar trap in it, its a money maker..
Most people don't know the rule about passing, even cops don't know about that, a cop passed me in that one on Elbow drive once..Max

nookmumracing
10-08-2002, 09:32 AM
I never speed in a Playground Zone. I hope every person that does speed gets a ticket and a slap in the face with leather gloves.

Peace

szw
10-08-2002, 10:15 AM
I drive by the playground zone on 12ave and 6 or 8st SW about 4 times a week, and I have only seen a radar there twice in the last 3 years.

But also, I have never seen a kid there either.

rage2
10-08-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Patience dude.....statistics have proven that speeding/passing other cars doesn't get you there much faster

Your statistics are wrong :D.

I may speed occassionally (ok a lot...), but I always go speed limit at playground zones. I have passed someone at the 12th Ave. playground zone (between 8th and 10th street or something), but I was going 30 on the far left lane, and the guy was in the far right lane doing 5 looking for directions or something. I wonder if I could get ticketed for that...

Ferio_vti
10-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I was going 30 on the far left lane, and the guy was in the far right lane doing 5 looking for directions or something. I wonder if I could get ticketed for that...

Yah, you would get a ticket for that. Can't pass a car in a playground zone even if you're going 30. The speed limit would become the slowest moving vehicle in the zone.

Stratus_Power
10-08-2002, 11:26 AM
patient guys.. they dont last long anyway.. except for the ones on Elbow.. but thats a whole diff story

szw
10-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Yah, you would get a ticket for that. Can't pass a car in a playground zone even if you're going 30. The speed limit would become the slowest moving vehicle in the zone.

I really doubt you would get a ticket for that.

There is a difference between passing someone slower while staying in your own lanes, or actually goign out of your way (changing lanes) to pass a slower person.

Even if thats what the law says, no way I would pay that ticket

max_boost
10-08-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Your statistics are wrong :D.

I may speed occassionally (ok a lot...), but I always go speed limit at playground zones. I have passed someone at the 12th Ave. playground zone (between 8th and 10th street or something), but I was going 30 on the far left lane, and the guy was in the far right lane doing 5 looking for directions or something. I wonder if I could get ticketed for that...

LOL

Ok but I'm talking about passing someone and going slightly above the speed limit, not going 250km/h:rofl: :rofl:

Ferio_vti
10-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by szw

There is a difference between passing someone slower while staying in your own lanes, or actually goign out of your way (changing lanes) to pass a slower person.

Even if thats what the law says, no way I would pay that ticket

Read the first post, he WAS going 30 and got busted.

Arthur Dent
10-08-2002, 04:15 PM
you should see Airdrie. I just moved there and all the residentatal streets are 30km/h.

GTS Jeff
10-08-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by szw

Even if thats what the law says, no way I would pay that ticket i dont think u have a choice when u get the ticket. passing someone in a playground zone is reckless, no matter how slow theyre going. u never knwo what the other car is going slow for.

RiCE-DaDDy
10-23-2002, 04:46 PM
it was hardly a pass i was inching on him and no one was going 30km/h too.