PDA

View Full Version : I bought my first import

Gonthro
04-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Just so i could smash it :D

right now it has no interior left no windows or exterior lights, im turnin it into a claimer car, for those of you who dont know. its an oval class at racecity limited to ONLY front wheel drive 4 cyl auto's and any spectator can claim your car after any race for only $400... its great cheap fun!!!

(i paid about $100 for the car and it will have costed me about $250 when i am done, but thats because i need to buy a harness and window net(but you get to take the harness out of the car if someone claims it, thats all you can take out of it, so next time if i get a $100 car it should only cost me about $175 to build it, including the car))

what i have left to do is put roll oveer posts in it and a door bar on it, and weld the doors, trunk and bolt the hood shut and then the most important thing PAINT! and then i am off to the races...

Dj_Stylz
04-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Haha show us pics when you smash it

garyb
04-10-2004, 10:21 AM
so whats the point of buying/making a claimer car? sorry just dont understand

Gonthro
04-10-2004, 10:21 AM
i'll put pics when it is done being built, but unforunatly the first race isn't until may 29th, but i'll get the wife to take some pictures...

Originally posted by garyb
so whats the point of buying/making a claimer car? sorry just dont understand

to race it and have fun... its a very cheap way to get on the track

and because of the rules it makes the racing close.. or as close as you can expect

Redlyne_mr2
04-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Hahah claims racing is sooo much fun, post pics once shes race ready

hjr
04-10-2004, 03:47 PM
its possibly the most ghetto fun you can have

SpoonEK9@STRD
04-10-2004, 04:27 PM
good choice:dunno: