PDA

View Full Version : Any way to order hockey games PPV over the 'net?

Super_Geo
04-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Haha, our ghetto house doesn't have cable, but is there any companies out there that offer PPV playoff games that are streamed over the 'net? I wouldn't think so... but it doesn't hurt to check.

gpomp
04-10-2004, 02:29 PM
No... but CBC and TSN air 2 games each per night.

core_upt
04-10-2004, 03:22 PM
even without cable, you'll get CBC which means a game a night

hustler
04-10-2004, 04:25 PM
CBC is the way to go...they always play the best games...i think if u really wanted to check out nhl.com

Super_Geo
04-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah we didn't get cable this year cause it just eats up too much time out of the day... haha we just ended up downloading whatever TV shows we wanted to watch onto the xbox, but now that hockey season around it fucking blows.

I think we threw out the TV's antenna the day we got it... haha, so normal TV is out. Besides the quality on TV broadcasts are pretty shitty. I think they could make a killing off of internet broadcasts... I mean, there are some internet TV stations on Winamp that are of surprisingly good quality and they only require 1Mbps something like 0.5-1.0 Mbps of bandwith.

Guess we'll have to keep on going to the pubs to watch the games... haha :thumbsup:

Kobe
04-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Direct T.V?? :)

98type_r
04-11-2004, 12:31 PM
you don't need an antenna
i rigged one up at work a little while ago
all you need is a strand of paperclips or something metallic to receive the signal
open up a paper clip and stick it into the rf-in where the cable would normally go, tinker with it for a bit and you'll get reception. if you can, hang a hanger or something else instead of a strand of paperclips

gongSHOW
04-11-2004, 09:44 PM
ya the hanger thing actually works, we did it at our schools during the olympics :thumbsup: