PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else into British Cars?

Arthur Dent
10-07-2002, 05:57 PM
Welll I am new and big LBC fan. Hopefully get a Jensen Healey in the next 6 months. Right now I am between neat cars as I just sold my mint 78 Z28 to buy our house. Right now my wheels are a 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport (bleeh). Any British car drivers out there?

finboy
10-07-2002, 06:04 PM
i saw an article in carcraft a while ago giving a web site taht showed how th shoehorn a bigblock into a small british sports car. sounds like fun.

three.eighteen.
10-07-2002, 06:35 PM
germany is the closest i can come

finboy
10-07-2002, 06:40 PM
alpine sunbeams and ac cobras :drool:

turboMiata
10-07-2002, 10:29 PM
Do land rovers count? I have a Discovery and love it.

One car magazine described the Discovery as:

"Charming, but flawed"

T5_X
10-07-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by finboy
ac cobras :drool:

While the Body may have been british, the powerplant was pure american V8 :D

Personally, I LOVE british cars. I think Aston Martin makes the nicest looking cars on the planet, hands down. British V8s have always been nice too :)
I want to order this one british kit car, the Ultima GTR, its fucking awesome! Check it out: http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/

Arthur Dent
10-08-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by finboy
alpine sunbeams and ac cobras :drool:

many more too like Allards with Caddilac and Ford V8s. Jensen Interceptors with Chysler 383 and 440 big blocks.

CLiVE
10-08-2002, 08:43 AM
When I was young, my parents had a Rover, and a triumph...fun cars! One of the first cars I drove was a Rover 414 (after I totalled the subaru that is....wasn't my fault!) ....and no, it wasn't in Canada, too bad you can't buy Rover Sedans here....:(

Arthur Dent
10-08-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by memystealthandi
When I was young, my parents had a Rover, and a triumph...fun cars! One of the first cars I drove was a Rover 414 (after I totalled the subaru that is....wasn't my fault!) ....and no, it wasn't in Canada, too bad you can't buy Rover Sedans here....:(

You could for a brief time. In the early 80s we got the V8 SD1 one. Then we got the Sterling which was a rebadged Rover which in turn was a low quality badged Acura which of course is rebadged Honda.

MrX
10-08-2002, 12:51 PM
I love most cars from England (ie: Cossie!!!). The Caterham cars are awesome, wish i had one. Holdens and Rovers are among some of the best looking affordable sedans out there. And what more can i say about the Aston Martin!:drool:

canadian canuck
10-08-2002, 01:03 PM
hey i have a 53' sunbeam talbot that i have restored, i have yet to find an engine for it,:banghead: i have hit every web site i could find, oh well i may just get a honda 4cyl and drop that in, nice car and the history on this car is cool. front end looks like a rolls and the back end look s like a 50' s style vette, fun project . british cars are aon their way up in the US so it should hit well here.

eur0
10-08-2002, 03:21 PM
im not sure if its english but my dad has a restored mgb :) such sweet cars.. and mini's rule

T5_X
10-08-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by MrX
I love most cars from England (ie: Cossie!!!). The Caterham cars are awesome, wish i had one. Holdens and Rovers are among some of the best looking affordable sedans out there. And what more can i say about the Aston Martin!:drool:

Isn't holden australian?

Arthur Dent
10-08-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by canadian canuck
hey i have a 53' sunbeam talbot that i have restored, i have yet to find an engine for it,:banghead: i have hit every web site i could find, oh well i may just get a honda 4cyl and drop that in, nice car and the history on this car is cool. front end looks like a rolls and the back end look s like a 50' s style vette, fun project . british cars are aon their way up in the US so it should hit well here.

nice car! From what I understand of Honda is that there engine turn the opposite way so you couldn't get it to work with a non-Honda rwd tranny. Try http://www.britishcarforum.com in the Sunbeam section (I'm 78Z overthere by the way). A Ford 2.3L turbo might be nice.

MrX
10-08-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31

Isn't holden australian?

you tell me..i thought they were english?? :dunno:

dj_honda
10-08-2002, 04:24 PM
mclaren f1
thats british no?
im pretty sure the engine isnt tho

Mikaldor
10-08-2002, 04:27 PM
LBC are great fun.

Just finishing the restoration on a 1975 Triumph Spitfire. Great fun to drive, when the carbs work well. Otherwise it sounds kinda like this ---> :guns:

Have some cosmetic bits to do, interior, engine clean up. Couple of minor hoses. Oh and fix the *&%!#@$ speedo. Lucas electronics are EVIL. :devil:

You really have to love the 105hp in a superlight roadster.

Arthur Dent
10-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by MrX

you tell me..i thought they were english?? :dunno:

Australian GM

MrX
10-08-2002, 09:54 PM
kewl...at least i know now. But yeah...Holdens are nice rides too:thumbsup: