PDA

View Full Version : trying to pull off a burnout...

84_volvo_diesel
04-10-2004, 08:27 PM
I have an '84 Volvo 245 Diesel, with a 4-spd standard w/OD. I have a really hard time gettin the rear wheels to even spin at all, I know its a lot of weight on the rear wheels (1120kg rear, 920kg front), and with the diesel, it makes it even harder, but I should at least be able to churp them somehow... I got disc brakes all the way around. Anyone got any ideas of what I can do???http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/498000-498999/498369_23_full.jpg :dunno: :banghead: :poosie: :poosie:

rice_eater
04-10-2004, 08:35 PM
give up:dunno:

Moe Man
04-10-2004, 08:36 PM
buy a new car :thumbsup:

limecorrado
04-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Butt Your Front End Against a Wall,Divider Or Something and Give Er a Whirl.I Personally Would'nt But....It's Your Car and You Sound like you really want to Hear a Little Squeal.

alpha
04-10-2004, 08:47 PM
go to canadian tire and buy a set of the cheapest jackstands you can buy, lift the back end to the point where there is very little weight on the rear tires, and set the jackstands at that height. Now redline your car and dump the clutch. let me know how it turns out. :thumbsup:

KoukiS14
04-10-2004, 08:51 PM
1.Call some buddies over (if you have any, with a car like that you're lucky :poosie: )
2.Pour some water on the tires.
3.Have your buddies pull up on your rear fenders.
4.Try doing your burnout with them heaving on your fenders.

:thumbsup:

fast95pony
04-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Give the keys back to your daddy...:rolleyes:

T5_X
04-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Haha, fuck you all, that car is awesome! :thumbsup:

Anyway, why the fuck are you trying to do burnouts anyway? Your car is so underpowered. If you want enough power to put to the ground for some fucking HUGE burnouts, swap in an intercooled turbo diesel, a b23ft or a domestic smallblock. Otherwise, I dunno, put some fucking oil on your tires and dump the clutch? :rofl:

rice_eater
04-10-2004, 09:45 PM
or just do it in your festiva :rofl::angel:

barmanjay
04-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by T5_X
Haha, fuck you all, that car is awesome! :thumbsup:

Anyway, why the fuck are you trying to do burnouts anyway? Your car is so underpowered. If you want enough power to put to the ground for some fucking HUGE burnouts, swap in an intercooled turbo diesel, a b23ft or a domestic smallblock. Otherwise, I dunno, put some fucking oil on your tires and dump the clutch? :rofl:

LMFAO!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I used to drive a 76 volvo just like that but green - NO POWER, INTENSE BODY ROLL
That is a family car, not a race car
Give up is the correct answer
putting a new engine is a waste of money
buying a different car - much better

T5_X
04-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by barmanjay

LMFAO!!!!

I used to drive a 76 volvo just like that but green - NO POWER, INTENSE BODY ROLL

You would be VERY surpised to see just how capable 240s are on the track :D

thich
04-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
Give the keys back to your daddy...:rolleyes: :werd:

84_volvo_diesel
04-10-2004, 10:29 PM
well, quite the replies... I don't have money to buy or swap engines, or to buy a car, plus i got this one for free, so im doin w/e i can to do w/e with it

barmanjay
04-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by T5_X

You would be VERY surpised to see just how capable 240s are on the track :D

I acutally have a HUGE respect for Volvo's that green 76 wagon is in my brothers hands now and is still running, and I've gone through about 10 cars since I've had it

A little history - My dad had ceized the engine (don't know how), had it towed home, drained whatever oil that was left, poured some fresh oil in, and a day later he started it right up - wow
and the most major thing done which was last year was the alternator, everything else is still origional.
btw: struts were dead and were finally replaced. when i drove it I actually got up to 95 Miles/hr, 4th gear was just screaming

hjr
04-10-2004, 11:21 PM
you need a deserted road and a litre of oil. pore the oil over the drive wheels as much as you can. rev up the engine to redline and drop the clutch.

now, dont actually do it cause its stupid, but whateva

84_volvo_diesel
04-12-2004, 06:33 PM
i hear you, sound like the whole oil things the only thing i can do, i have my eyes set on a B21FTi engine right now tho....i know someone who has one for me....can't wait

mota20
04-12-2004, 07:05 PM
well if you want to know a better way to git a wheel...i found this out in my 68hp car...find a good raod where there isnt nobody on well for a bout 10 secs...preferably blacktop! ok now put it in reverse go about 5mph backwards and without stopping push in the clutch((if it has one)) put it in first then rev it up to redline then pop the clutch..werks for me or if its RWD this will werk better...when you come up to the corner...lets say you are going to turn left...ok is what you do is go about 5 mph swerve right(the opposite way your turning) then swerve left(the way you are suppose to turn ) it will git the back end to loosen up a bit and you should at least hear a good ""lil"" squeel... if its auto on the column...i founf this out in my moms van...didnt think it would werk but i gave it a try... put the car in neutral then lift the shifter above the """d""" symbol.....but dont put it in gear!! rev the engine ((wont go nowhere cause you are in neutral still)) then let go of the shifter...nice lil burn out..now if it will werk on a 1998 grand voyager it should werk on most column autos..well im talking about the computer crap ya know...hope this :bullshit: helpt you!:) :) :) :thumbsup:

mota20
04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
oh and pm please if any of this helpt you cause i would feel better if i accually helpt someone!:)

3G
04-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Your minivan can do a better burnout than the Volvo, why dont you try in that?

Z_Fan
04-13-2004, 12:07 AM
This is a damn funny thread.

WTF do you want to do a burnout for in the first place? Go test drive ANYTHING and take it out on the dealers car.

I have a list of favourite dealers to do this at...if you've got balls, do it in their lot.

Start at Sunridge Nissan. Please! Hope to see your picture in the paper...

ryder_23
04-13-2004, 12:23 AM

i dunno about u, but i wouldnt put my families life in that car :rofl:

garyb
04-13-2004, 12:55 AM
your just going to destroy your clutch trying to do that with such a heavy/powerless car

DonJuan
04-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Why does no one know about silicone spray? It's the shit u use to lube up rubber compnents when they arn't co-operating. Spray some on the rear tires, and have at it, it's gonna be like driving on ice until the silicone wears off which will be in a couple turns of the wheel, but hopefully the wheel has built up enough momentum so that the engine just has to keep it turning. Keep the RPMS up high, in the case of your car just keep you foot planted.
PS: I take no responsibility if you break sumthin.

RedBull
04-13-2004, 06:48 PM
I agree with Ryder lol :D

illeagle
04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
add a 100 shot of nitrous, turbocharge it, get some skinny tires on the back, rip out all the interior and look for a long deserted road. good luck!

if your on a budget, don't try to wreck your dragon wagon, Volvo parts are expensive... and looking at that,(your Volvo:drool: ) something will break

s dime
04-14-2004, 03:59 PM
If you want to stick with a volvo go out and buy a 740 turbo. Fairly fast and there is over 200 ft/lbs of torque so the wheels will spin off the line...

ExtremeSi
04-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by mota20
well if you want to know a better way to git a wheel...i found this out in my 68hp car...find a good raod where there isnt nobody on well for a bout 10 secs...preferably blacktop! ok now put it in reverse go about 5mph backwards and without stopping push in the clutch((if it has one)) put it in first then rev it up to redline then pop the clutch..werks for me or if its RWD this will werk better...when you come up to the corner...lets say you are going to turn left...ok is what you do is go about 5 mph swerve right(the opposite way your turning) then swerve left(the way you are suppose to turn ) it will git the back end to loosen up a bit and you should at least hear a good ""lil"" squeel... if its auto on the column...i founf this out in my moms van...didnt think it would werk but i gave it a try... put the car in neutral then lift the shifter above the """d""" symbol.....but dont put it in gear!! rev the engine ((wont go nowhere cause you are in neutral still)) then let go of the shifter...nice lil burn out..now if it will werk on a 1998 grand voyager it should werk on most column autos..well im talking about the computer crap ya know...hope this :bullshit: helpt you!:) :) :) :thumbsup:

Worst reply ever.

x-MG-x
04-14-2004, 08:48 PM
bro.... volvos are HELLA Heavy..
just look at the doors!! theyre so thick!
my friends dad had a crash in a volvo with a honda civic and the civic was thrashed! full write off!! and the volvo with 3 medium dents.. the volvo is a TANK! honestly.... and tanks arent made for doing burnouts! so yeah.. dont worry.. if you want to do burnouts you need a new car bro.. RWD petrol 1.3L +

sr20dets13
11-30-2006, 12:06 PM
spray oil ALL over those rear tires..then they should spin! lol
but imo thats stupid to do a burnout in that thing..youll probly
get carried away and blow the motor lol..well volvos are pretty damn strong but sill old as hell lol

Tha VZA
11-30-2006, 01:13 PM
LMFAO!!!!

you obviously have no idea about anything regarding Volvo tuning do you? your post made me laugh really hard!!! like you have NO clue eh?...you'd be very suprised...even in Calgary there are some pretty sweet older Volvo's...

Originally posted by 84_volvo_diesel
I have an '84 Volvo 245 Diesel, with a 4-spd standard w/OD. Anyone got any ideas of what I can do???

what can you do?

1. get off beyond.ca as far as asking questions about Volvo's
2. join www.calgaryvolvoclub.com
3. let me drive your car...:devil:

Volvo's can do burnouts...very well too!

http://www.calgaryvolvoclub.com/gallery/d/3493-2/IMG_0425.jpg

my car is in there somewhere...look closely!

ciao

Tha VZA
11-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
if your on a budget, don't try to wreck your dragon wagon, Volvo parts are expensive... and looking at that,(your Volvo:drool: ) something will break

yeah pick your part is stupid expensive!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by s dime
If you want to stick with a volvo go out and buy a 740 turbo. Fairly fast and there is over 200 ft/lbs of torque so the wheels will spin off the line...

yes they will...up the boost a bit and you need an lsd/locker in the rear end...the one tire fire just can't handle it

Originally posted by x-MG-x
bro.... volvos are HELLA Heavy..
just look at the doors!! theyre so thick!
my friends dad had a crash in a volvo with a honda civic and the civic was thrashed! full write off!! and the volvo with 3 medium dents.. the volvo is a TANK! honestly.... and tanks arent made for doing burnouts! so yeah.. dont worry.. if you want to do burnouts you need a new car bro.. RWD petrol 1.3L +

there not that heavy...any pre 93 volvo weighs less than 3400lbs, and that's over estimating

my 2 door 240 stock weighs 2919lbs...less now that i have done a lil work....same for my 84 760...stock it was 3030lbs...def a lot less now

just cause they are well designed and strong doesn't mean they are super heavy...shape's create strength, not weight alone

true they weigh more than a lil honda...but hey i can roll my car over and over and over...and drive it away from the accident (seen it done!) so that's a little sacrifice to make...plus RWD pwns everything...yay sideways!

ya'll got no idea :poosie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSZLSfBDyhs

ciao

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Dude, thread is 2 years old...

Tha VZA
11-30-2006, 01:57 PM
i know... i didn't bump it though :poosie:

ciao

Sprinter
11-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

i dunno about u, but i wouldnt put my families life in that car :rofl:

LAWL :rofl:

Annoyingrob
11-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Tha VZA
you'd be very suprised...even in Calgary there are some pretty sweet older Volvo's...
Yeah but my brother is working very very hard to get that number down eh? ;)