PDA

View Full Version : 3 more dyno runs for my SRT-4.

Phuqu
04-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Meh.

Inthered
04-11-2004, 01:23 AM
damn, those are some good numbers.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
04-11-2004, 01:23 AM
If I see someone post..."It's still a neon" Im going to snap. awesome numbers man cant wait to see the car in person

kevie88
04-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Holy!! Looks like a crazy car! :eek:

I'm looking forward to seeing some of these sweet units at Race City on Friday nights!!

VWhooligan
04-11-2004, 01:50 AM
those are sweet numbers!!

what did you do between dyno runs because it looks like they're all the same. alot of cool down time or soak the intercooler?

JAYMEZ
04-11-2004, 03:13 AM
coo , nice neon :rofl:

so how much have u put into the car now?

DSM Power
04-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Interesting torque loss between 3500 and 4000. :dunno:

VWhooligan
04-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Phuqu
No cool down time at all. Runs were pretty well back to back. You can see by the times on the graph they were 3-4 minutes apart. Car was kept running the whole time.

We did have a fan running in front of the car but I'm sure that's pretty well standard.

I didn't want to 'cool' down the intercooler with a spray as you don't get out and spray when your driving. I wanted as real world as one could get.

Nothing inflated. No bench math. Just the car dyno ran on a typical Dynojet.

Apex is a great place to dyno at. Easy going guys.

There was another SRT that dyno'd earlier that day with a 3" downpipe with no cat and the Mopar Catback system. He gained over 20hp. I would figure that changing the downpipe on my car might gain 15 more hp.

I don't want to get rid of my cat. I'll just wait for Stage 3 as it should come with a downpipe with the new turbo.

Or I might just spring for Stage 2 as it should be out anytime now.

that's awesome, your intercooler must be pretty efficient. i know i lose like 7 to 8 hp between each run.

JAYMEZ
04-11-2004, 12:40 PM
^^^ ya i noticed that as well.

ACX
04-11-2004, 02:24 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/234/dyno1.jpg

nice numbers fah-q. my 2 runs from before x-mas. a dip as well. Hardly something to be concerned about.. smoothing = 0 so the curves are funky.

Moe Man
04-11-2004, 02:25 PM
nice time are you going to run it at race city?

should be some sweet times

googe
04-11-2004, 02:29 PM

I see with the cereal box hood scoops. Talk about wind drag. :D

Talk about 0.33 drag coefficient VS 0.37 on the SRT-4 :poosie:

Intake air temp of 9 C on a cool evening makes me ok with it too ;)

EK 2.0
04-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Amazing numbers man...I love those SRT-4's for what they can do right out of the box, and it goes to show what a few correctly chosen parts can do...Only downside I see to them...FWD...But thats just me...:dunno:

Glad to see you are enjoying it man...Keep the numbers coming...

PS: Ryan??...its still a Neon...j/k...:rofl:

Chester
04-11-2004, 04:22 PM

Well my car is lower by 30mm so according to my SRT math I should be at about 0.13. It's also black and I'll wax it that day so it should be around 0.03.

aim for 0.00 haha

JAYMEZ
04-11-2004, 04:59 PM
How much wax are you gonna put on your neon lol?

googe
04-11-2004, 05:13 PM

Well my car is lower by 30mm so according to my SRT math I should be at about 0.13. It's also black and I'll wax it that day so it should be around 0.03.

About consistent with the other math we have seen from expectations of your car :clap:

(sorry, couldnt resist that one)

JCX
04-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Interesting torque loss between 3500 and 4000. :dunno:

That is pretty typical with the SRT-4's, no one's really figured it out for certain. Leading speculation is it's the ECU being a biznitch. It basically wants to put so much tourque along the power band so it's thought that it's playing some games there.

tedstriker
04-11-2004, 09:46 PM
anyone watch the boost gauge?

JAYMEZ
04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Dude you should stop making fun of subarus , you drive a cheap fuckin neon , woooooooooop diiiiiii dooo , I had some respect for the cars , but you just give neon owners a bad name.

ACX
04-11-2004, 11:16 PM
No shit. Keep swinging your nuts about your 50 thousand dollar compact car.

JAYMEZ
04-11-2004, 11:22 PM
lol , stop multi posting about your stupid ass mods then , why dont u neon guys just tell each other , not the whole world , do you see every other member posting there newest mods?

And maybe you should stop swinging your nuts around with your 20 grand comcrap car...

googe
04-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Is that the best you can do?

This thread is about my dyno results. Not your Impreza is better than my SRT-4.

I'll keep out of your threads you keep out of mine.

Pretty simple concept. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread then don't bother posting. Just sit back and vent in front of your computer without typing a response.

Can you do that for us?

Thanks. Someone close this thread before an Impreza owner blows a gasket. If you have something not related to this thread send me a PM. I'll gladly deal with the pissing contest there.

If I can read, I think you brought that one on yourself. None of us were talking the SRT4 down, but you keep trying to sneak in dumb little comments (if youre gonna make a joke about a car, at least be funny) about the STI. If you make fun of someone elses car, you can only expect them to reply. Its common sense :)

If you want to keep that out of your threads, maybe you should stick to posts that add something technical rather than making fun of cars that are faster :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
04-11-2004, 11:49 PM
:werd: :closed:

ACX
04-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
lol , stop multi posting about your stupid ass mods then , why dont u neon guys just tell each other , not the whole world , do you see every other member posting there newest mods?

And maybe you should stop swinging your nuts around with your 20 grand comcrap car...

ease off the butthurt. I'd be interested in any dyno results guys have for any car, even you. Who doesn't look at dyno results.

I got pink decals on my fog lights and removed my stereo and picked up 14 horse.

I'll post the dyno graph when I draw it in paint.

ACX
04-11-2004, 11:51 PM
coo , nice neon :rofl:

so how much have u put into the car now?

looks like this was the first stone thrown here..

JAYMEZ
04-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Dynos are all good , it was good info , but then he threw in "Still have about $20000 to spend to keep up with those Imprezas I see with the cereal box hood scoops"

it is a neon?? whats wrong with calling it that , i like impreza's and dont mind my car being called that at all.

googe
04-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ACX

looks like this was the first stone thrown here..

i think that was a joke because of what redlyne just said, he was actually interested in the cars progress until buddy started being a dick again :)

ACX
04-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Dynos are all good , it was good info , but then he threw in "Still have about $20000 to spend to keep up with those Imprezas I see with the cereal box hood scoops"

it is a neon?? whats wrong with calling it that , i like impreza's and dont mind my car being called that at all.

I guess I'm the only one who took the smiley AFTER the neon as a cheap shot. I didn't takew the 20k as a cheap shot.

It is technically an sx2.0 SRT4, really rolls off the tongue well. :bullshit: :zzz:

Chalk it up to bustiong eachothers chops I guess. I've got nothing against you guys and of course I think the STI is a great whip.

As for Fah-Q, the only thing I don't like about him is that he wears an eye patch and I find it distracting to look at him.

syeve
04-12-2004, 12:39 AM
nice numbers, have you upgraded you tires? Stock HP on stock tires seemed very limiting...very nice numbers though.