PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-7894

Impreza
10-07-2002, 09:44 PM
anyone hear anything about this deck...it is an mp3/cd deck, i am liking it, costs around $500 or something like that at audio concepts, thinking of picking one of these up tomorrow...
anything else that can compare that is maybe a little cheaper?

5gluder
10-07-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey,

It's a great deck, has alot of features. The manual is huge, way too many options. Bass & treble focus, your able to retard timing on the speakers, meaning you can have the passenger side receive before the drivers. You can get the PDF manual off the Alpine site, gives you a better idea of what your getting.

Impreza
10-07-2002, 10:32 PM
im kinda new to stereos and car audio...so would u recommend it?

jdmakkord
10-07-2002, 10:35 PM
awesome sound quality!!!

Impreza
10-07-2002, 10:43 PM
is it worth the money tho?? i know the quality is very good, but for a newbie like me, is it worth the extra money??? is sony and and panasonic that bad?

Weapon_R
10-07-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
is it worth the money tho?? i know the quality is very good, but for a newbie like me, is it worth the extra money??? is sony and and panasonic that bad?

No they aren't. Most people can't really tell the difference. I've had panasonic and alpine decks, and they both have the same SQ. Mostly comes down to your speaker setup. I also currently have a sony and it's just as good. Don't spend the extra cash if you are doing so just to have better quality, because every deck i've ever had has lasted as long as I wanted it to.

5gluder
10-07-2002, 11:44 PM
If your looking for something that will play your CD and sound well, then no i wouldn't say it's worth the money. If you want a basic deck i'm sure you can find one for around $300-$400. Look at the features, preout's and the looks. My opinion would be to go down to the store and check out what is avalible in that price range. With the extra cash you save, you could buy some new mids and tweets :dunno:

Thor
10-08-2002, 02:35 AM
excellent deck...
60x4 internal amp

the time delay that 5gluder was talking about is actually called Time alignment and it is meant to help enhance your systems' imgaging and overall sound quality. An excellent feature to have no matter what your setup is, but it's especially helpful if you don't have ideal front speaker placement, the time alignment is able to help compensate for that.

would I buy it? yup... in a heartbeat... unfortunately it won't be making it's way into my vehicle... I had considered it but have opted to just go all out... even past that deck

Impreza
10-08-2002, 08:48 AM
i heard that this deck is one of the best mp3 decks tho....apparently it can locate songs faster and stuff, is there any other mp3 deck that is comparable?

Thor
10-08-2002, 01:47 PM
I know it blows away my ex-girlfriend's JVC KD-SH99

Impreza
10-16-2002, 12:27 AM
r the clarion or kenwood mp3 decks better or should i stick with alpine?

Thor
10-16-2002, 02:21 AM
AAAALLLLL-PINE!!!!

all the way baby... that's what is going in next for me... my digital idea would have cost me 7000 in processing and amplification alone and then I still gotta buy speakers!!! :thumbsdow: