PDA

View Full Version : stereo problems

redec
04-11-2004, 04:36 PM
For some reason my driver side door and dash speakers have stopped working. If I turn the stereo up really loud then they start working again, but with static. I figured it was perhaps a loose connection and the sub pounding made them 'connect'...so I 'jiggled' the wires at the amp and at the door speaker, but that had no affect...they seem to be secure. Any theories?

Chim
04-11-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm not an audio pro, but I've had my share of problems with my system so I'll just give what advice I can.

Are the speakers running off the deck or an amp?
Did you recently do anything to your stereo?
Are all the dash speakers not working, or just the one on the driver side?

Mine had a similar problem, but I was running components on the right door and coaxials on the left door (was in the middle of an install, was testing for problems along the way, didn't know the crossover interferes with the other signal)
Anyways, as soon as I installed the other coaxial on the right door, everything started to work again.

Try to swap the right and left channels on the amp/deck. If the driver side speaker works, and the passenger side, doesn't, that means half your deck/amp is blown (happened to me :() If the problem is still the same, you probably have a crossover/speaker/wiring problem, and may have a short circuit somewhere.

Troubleshooting stereo problems is a bitch, just try to narrow down the problem as much as you can then get advice from someone who knows what they're doing.

redec
04-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Chim

Are the speakers running off the deck or an amp?

amp

Did you recently do anything to your stereo?

newp

Are all the dash speakers not working, or just the one on the driver side?

just the one on the driver's side

Try to swap the right and left channels on the amp/deck. If the driver side speaker works, and the passenger side, doesn't, that means half your deck/amp is blown (happened to me :()

good idea...I'll give that a try...thanks

Chadxton
04-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Swap speakers too.