PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Bmw Fans

Chrisw
04-12-2004, 08:04 PM
I've posted this idea before and nothing has ever happened....

ARE THERE ENOUGH BIMMER OWNERS OUT THERE THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN STARTING A CALGARY BIMMER CLUB????

Let post intrest here.....

I know to start it off, the best thing would be to get a website up....and that start collecting members. I'm up for putting in some work to get this started, but I'm not very good with comps and would need help getting up a site.....I mean Bimmerfest is coming and we dont even have a club in clagary..LOL.

What do you guys think....I know we've got a bunch of enthusiastic BMW owners in calgary.......

R-Audi
04-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Uhhh, I am suprised you are such a large BMW fan and have never heard of Southen Alberta BMW club. Sorry to burst your bubble, but someone has been there and done that!
I believe the site is sabmwclub.com
Next time search!

Chrisw
04-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Ya I have heard of that club, but I've also heard that its a club that contains mostly older guys (50+). I was thinking of a more youthful TUNING club....something like what "newveedub" has been able to create.
I'm just checking the amount of interest in something like this......if everyone else thinks that this club is good enough, than cool.....nothing'll happen, but I was just checking if there were others out there like me..........

Moe Man
04-13-2004, 08:19 AM
you should move this post to events and meets

Fluidic
04-13-2004, 09:33 AM
There should be a new website launched in the next week or so. Not really a "club", something similiar to beyond (website/forum).

Dj_Stylz
04-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Im a BMW Fan i love them but no bmw yet but coming soon.:) It will come:drool: Your idea sounds great get some more info:D

C4S
04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
There are actually lots of young and nice people (even girls) from the south Alberta BMW club ... ( under 30 )

and it is a very good club ! :thumbsup:

www.sabmwclub.com

m10-power
04-14-2004, 10:27 AM
The don't do any track event(and won't other then an expensive driving school)...a harder core BMW only group/club would be great, I gave up on the SABMW CLUB long ago...

ACS-e36
04-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
There should be a new website launched in the next week or so. Not really a "club", something similiar to beyond (website/forum).
:thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
04-14-2004, 01:22 PM
yeah, i was just gonna say we need a 403honda bmw/euro equivalent type dealy

ps its also cus i want to get as many E36 in one pic for a cool desktop :poosie:

ZorroAMG
04-14-2004, 02:56 PM
A euro club (MB, BMW, AUDI) could be cool...

C4S
04-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

I am here to back you ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

we don't need tons of cars ... but good cars !

European go ! with Class and Image ! :clap: :clap:

Dahero
04-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Hey Chris

Count me in!!!!!!

I think it is a great idea!!!!!

Chrisw
04-14-2004, 08:38 PM
wow...there are a lot more people that I thought..lol.
Well I think a great way to start off and see how many people are really willing to come to stuff.......is all the people that are interested in a club like this to get together........that we can at leased get a good idea.

Peter....what do you mean website? Are you already starting something like this...cause if so...I'll just get out of the way...you've got this down to a system already......lol

and as far as what kind of a club, it looks like we've got a lot of "euro" people, all on specific kind might be hard to get going, and it would be cool to have and ALL euro club, since I love em ALL :thumbsup:

what do you guys think of getting together after it gets nice out? We could turn it into a mini photo shoot if you guys want...see if we cant get 318 his background.........let me know what you guys think........and Peter...mind letting me know what your doing?

Chris

Fluidic
04-14-2004, 09:03 PM
I'll contact you via PM. :)

ACS-e36
04-15-2004, 01:47 AM
bimmercruise anyone?

CLiVE
04-15-2004, 08:32 AM

You can count me in....:thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
04-15-2004, 09:08 AM
yeah bring the MINI!! (that was the car you were talking about right? LOL)

CLiVE
04-15-2004, 10:46 AM
yeah bring the MINI!! (that was the car you were talking about right? LOL)

Yeah, I was talking about the MINI. The stealth is long gone...:( Time to change the sig I guess??

ZorroAMG
04-15-2004, 11:55 AM
yeah check this thread, it could be a club starting point everyone... http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42847

C4S
04-15-2004, 12:19 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

by the way .. just curious ... any Alfa's fan here ?? :confused:

CLiVE
04-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by C4S
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

by the way .. just curious ... any Alfa's fan here ?? :confused:
Big Alfa Fan :thumbsup:
I drove a Alfa 164 T-spark for a while.
Plus my uncle in Banff has an spider :thumbsup:

C4S
04-15-2004, 03:46 PM
What !! you are such a super super super good taste man !

driving the nicest hatch on the world now,(Cooper S) and used to hv a super sexy 164 ? was it the sport model ?

I still can't take my eyes off from any Alfa ! :thumbsup:

but .. they r just too too too (times 100) much problems.. :(

I used to hv a 75 (Miliano V6) 6 months driving, 6 months in the shop ... :banghead:

Ducati
04-15-2004, 08:40 PM
What the...?

Ducati
04-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by CLiVE

Big Alfa Fan :thumbsup:
I drove a Alfa 164 T-spark for a while.
Plus my uncle in Banff has an spider :thumbsup:

I have a 1974 Alfa GTV. I love it.

20incheyes
04-15-2004, 09:56 PM
ChrisW and I have been PMING each other lately, we got intrested in a euro car club, got it started. So i got a website:
http://members.shaw.ca/hclass/eurospeed.htm

check it out let me know what you think and I got some handsome rides joining over the past week, also started another thread "New euro car club in calgary"