PDA

View Full Version : You Love Your Car When...

EK 2.0
04-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Feel free to add your own as well...

If you have a garage full of spare engine parts, just in case...

If you've tried to bolt your old turbo onto a riding lawnmower...

If you drive 5 extra blocks for a gas station that has 1 more octane point.

If you bought half of your performance parts at Home Depot.

If people ask you what's wrong with your car because it keeps making this noise.

If your friends get beat in a race and call you immediately after to rematch for them.

Your wife/girlfriend wishes your car never existed.

You don't let people drive your car into the bays because its "quirky"

Every tire shop/parking garage/car wash/repair shop guy stalls out when he lets out your ACT 2600 clutch.

Your exhaust note is so deep and unique that people expect you to pass by 1/4 mile before you get there.

Paypal.com sends you Christmas cards

You have pieces of 6 different turbos in a box and they are all smoked.

When people say "is your car running again?" you say "kinda"

People that can "drive stick" stall your car out 5 times before they get it out of the driveway

Your mom claims a 4500 rpm launch "throws her back out"
When people ride in your car...and ask"what's that noise??"...you always reply with "which one??"

You drive all around town, aimlessly, when it's running "right".

If you need to call someone to fetch your spare when you get a flat...

You show up at a friends house and their mom asks you why your car sounds like a truck.

Your car was faster 2 years ago than all your friend's cars are now.

When your friends know that you are coming just by hearing your cars turbo spooling up the street.

If your girlfriend prays that a contender doesn't stop at the light next to you...

If you have had to remove your radiator fans, because they just don't fit in front of that Turbo...

That's it for now, post up some of yours, let's see what we can come up with...

Sorry for the long windedness of this...

1badPT
04-12-2004, 09:44 PM
This is the DSM owner's list :tongue: :D

You've got 3 models of your vehicle yet you already own a real one :nut:

EK 2.0
04-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
This is the DSM owner's list :tongue: :D

You've got 3 models of your vehicle yet you already own a real one :nut:

Maybe...;)

1badPT
04-12-2004, 09:46 PM
The worst part is i have that list memorized... guess I know what my project car will be :angel:

Edit: Uhh to add to the list:
When you click on all the threads that mention your car's model in the name

illeagle
04-12-2004, 09:53 PM
The insurance companies, refuse to insure your car...

-Dad calls it a racing car
-Mom calls it a POS
-Sister says cool stereo, what's that noise?
-Your friends first sentence of the day to you, starts with, "did you fix"
- you and your buddy's compete to see who's car will run (start up) first...
- Home depot's plumbing employees know you by first name..
- tow truck is speed dial #1
- You insist on settling everything, by seeing who's car is faster
- You bag the shit out of your car, then get pissed off your sister left finger prints in the glass
- you get pissed off when people mistaken your car for a Geo, or lesser car (scoda?)
- People get tired of asking, "did you fix?......"

DUBBED
04-12-2004, 09:57 PM
- You've lost count of how many times you've answered "How much have you spent.... ?"

- You've lost count of how much you actually have spent.

- When you look at your YTD totals on your paychecks you get pissed off realizing that most of that was spent on your car that sits in your garage "waiting for a part from...".

- When you're bored you take your interior apart just for fun.

- You give your car a silly name like Claire.

- You're still waiting for a part from...

illeagle
04-12-2004, 10:00 PM
it all pays off when your buddy's and people you don't know, say, "hey, your car looks pimp!":thumbsup: :clap:

Idratherbsidewayz
04-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
When you're bored you take your interior apart just for fun.

Amen brotha...

Moonracer
04-12-2004, 10:09 PM
-your girlfriend tightens her seatbelt on her own just before your favorite offramp.

JAYMEZ
04-12-2004, 10:26 PM
"Your girlfriend hates your car" , damn i can relate to that lol:burnout:

88CRX
04-12-2004, 10:28 PM
word on the ytd's on the paychecks :D :banghead:

- you wash it everyday in the summer
- you wash it everyother day in the winter
- you get mad when any girl calls it cute
- you buy random parts for your car that you know you'll never need.... just to "stock up"
- look back at it when your walking away after parking

finboy
04-12-2004, 10:36 PM
-"...you stop having any form of social life just so you can afford that new part that won't go on for another 6 months"
-"...your family keeps telling you they will hold a celebration when your car runs"
-"...you are planning your next motor before your current one runs"
-"...you think twin turbo'ing is a good idea, even though its useless"
-"...you've taken over your parents garage"
-"...your closet, bedroom floor, winter beater that doesn't run, under your bed, back seat, friends house, and computer room are all valid places to store parts, because they would get dirty in the garage"
-"...you've payed twenty times on mods then what you did on your car :thumbsup: "
-"...you stop talking to your girlfriend because she's cutting into your mod budget too much :D "

Moe Man
04-13-2004, 08:23 AM
When your friends know that you are coming just by hearing your cars system from up the street.
:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
04-13-2004, 09:17 AM
Yup, I think I answered yes to 90% of those!! hahaha but it's so true!!

I have some but they're not so much "if you love your car" but rather " you know that you're turbo when..."

-you stop and look under your engine to make sure there are no leaks.
-you walk around making spooling sounds, followed by a bov sound (that's my favorite!! ;))
-you look at every vehicle and check to see how a front mount intercooler would look
-when a semi truck drives by you're in awe of its spooling sound
-everytime a bus blows off, you smile and get giddy.

Man, there are ton more on honda-tech but I don't feel like doing a search!! hahaha :rofl:

QuasarCav
04-13-2004, 09:27 AM

If your girlfriend prays that a contender doesn't stop at the light next to you...

So true.... gotta Love the sound of a spooling truck turbo

GTS Jeff
04-13-2004, 12:13 PM
-when u flip out at everyone around u cuz your parts havent arrived yet
-when u can only get into your parkade at one specific angle
-when u insist on staying in the "powerband" at all times
-when u go out just for the sake of driving
-when u make your gf learn exactly the difference between hp and torque and how an lsd works

sputnik
04-13-2004, 12:35 PM
- you live with mommy and daddy because you cant afford a can of soup never mind your own house.

- you have $50,000 invested in a car thats worth $5000 2 years later.

Redlyne_mr2
04-13-2004, 12:54 PM
-When you merge onto the highway youre already going 80kms faster than the people already cruising on the highway
-When you let your dad take your car out for a cruise and random young girls waive and blow kisses at him
-When you can hear the turbo behind your head and it sounds like youre in a jet plane
-When your mom drives you car, floors it then screams and panics because of the all boost and power
-When people tell me I drive a ncie Ferrari:nut:

GT2NV
04-13-2004, 02:39 PM
when my girlfriend complains about the torque hurting her neck
when my girlfriend complains about getting in and out of my car because its too low, the racing seats are hard to get out of, and the harnesses are a pain in the ass. lol especially when she wears a skirt;)

GTS Jeff
04-13-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
[B]

jeff's gf posting:

yeah that seems about right. his stupid car has been nothing but a worry and hassle! it's never running properly so he's always worrying about driving it long distances, and it's so loud and uncomfortable to ride in. i think instead of putting thousands of dollars into suspension for it he should just buy a nice, comfortable sedan.

*runs and hides*

hjr
04-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

jeff's gf posting:

yeah that seems about right. his stupid car has been nothing but a worry and hassle! it's never running properly so he's always worrying about driving it long distances, and it's so loud and uncomfortable to ride in. i think instead of putting thousands of dollars into suspension for it he should just buy a nice, comfortable sedan.

*runs and hides*

hahaha. damn!!!!

Redlyne_mr2
04-13-2004, 06:10 PM

jeff's gf posting:

*runs and hides*
Hahahah this could easily be girlRACER posting about my ae86 as well

finboy
04-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
-you walk around making spooling sounds, followed by a bov sound (that's my favorite!! ;))

yup :rofl:

EK 2.0
04-13-2004, 07:04 PM

Doing that RIGHT now...PSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH!!

jeff's gf posting:

*runs and hides*

No need to hide, my other half agrees with you so wholeheartedly...

GTS Jeff
04-13-2004, 07:51 PM
fawk!!! owned :(

Chim
04-13-2004, 09:16 PM
When you'd rather drive everybody than drink, so you can spend more time in your car

I dont believe I just admitted to that....

SwitchBlade
04-13-2004, 09:59 PM
You brag about your last mod
You have to describe what your mod does
You have to draw a picture cause your friends dont have a clue You have to paper cut your friends to death with the picture you drew for not understanding
Your eyes water when you hear a turbo spooling
You blame your eyes watering on the fast moving exhaust gases expelled from a cat back exhaust system

Team_Mclaren
04-13-2004, 10:54 PM
LOL this thread is GOLD!!! i admits to 90% of them also cept for the turbo ones. (i still make that PSHPSH sound walkin around even i dont drive a turbo.. haha)

- you sleep in the car caseu the sporty seats are just so very confortable!!
- you go check on your car at work every 30 mins.
- park hella far just so stupid people wont park beside u and scratch it.

thats all i can think of for now...

illeagle
04-13-2004, 11:09 PM
- the next 2-3 paychecks are all ready spent, with 90% going towards the car
- your neighbors hate it when you leave at night.
- you freak out when you can hear an abnormal sound, when 2 other people in the car can't hear it at all..
- In restarants you sit near the window, so you can see your car.
- your afraid of other people working on your car.

Hash_man
04-14-2004, 12:52 AM
I agree with tonnes of these ... Mainly having seen how much money from the YTD has actually gone in to the car...

When your dad says "you sure made a lot of money this year" while doing my taxes, lol.. Followed by "where the hell did it all go?"

-When you refuse to even buy a $1 bag of chips while out with your friends because... you need every penny for the car, and the gas to get you to school tommorow.

-When you are willing to bypass everything including school work, just to get the car running for the next day

-when your mom tells you to sell it, your dad says you can't, and your sister complains that she can't drive the car she crashed 3 times.

GTS Jeff
04-14-2004, 01:38 AM
-when u are checking the coolant temp and oil pressure gauges more than the speedo
-when u drive around staring at the tach needle go up and down
-when u "drift" the shopping cart at safeway :rofl:

i dont do the walking around turbo thing (i will now haha) but i sometimes walk around campus pretending im driving a roadcourse haha

lam-boy
04-14-2004, 01:39 AM
- when you walk around and do muffler sounds. haha *vroooooooooomm.. vroommm..VROOOOOM*

and sometimes when im walking/running around
i make car noises *turbo, that muffler sound, screeching tires haha..yes..anyways*

Team_Mclaren
04-14-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
- when you walk around and do muffler sounds. haha *vroooooooooomm.. vroommm..VROOOOOM*

and sometimes when im walking/running around
i make car noises *turbo, that muffler sound, screeching tires haha..yes..anyways*

i'll add to that,
- when your walkin uphill and downshift! makin this "VROOOOO" sound:D

hjr
04-14-2004, 12:12 PM

i get such strange looks when im shopping. those wheels can make anoying sounds! haha. Nobody understands why i must pendulum from isle to isle :rolleyes:

VWhooligan
04-14-2004, 01:14 PM
-everytime a bus blows off, you smile and get giddy.

I do that all the time, my friends also catch me checking out the HUGE chrome dish on semi truck wheels. I get jealous and wonder how they'd look on my car.

QuasarCav
04-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by hjr
i get such strange looks when im shopping. those wheels can make anoying sounds! haha. Nobody understands why i must pendulum from isle to isle :rolleyes:

you can cut 10 min off your shopping time by drifting:D

:clap: I'm not the only one who does that!

Idratherbsidewayz
04-14-2004, 01:23 PM
The costco carts (fully loaded) are the best to drift, cuz if you break traction the weight keeps it going... :bigpimp:

dsm69
04-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Feel free to add your own as well...

If you have a garage full of spare engine parts, just in case...

If you've tried to bolt your old turbo onto a riding lawnmower...

If you drive 5 extra blocks for a gas station that has 1 more octane point.

If you bought half of your performance parts at Home Depot.

If people ask you what's wrong with your car because it keeps making this noise.

If your friends get beat in a race and call you immediately after to rematch for them.

You don't let people drive your car into the bays because its "quirky"

Every tire shop/parking garage/car wash/repair shop guy stalls out when he lets out your ACT 2600 clutch.

Your exhaust note is so deep and unique that people expect you to pass by 1/4 mile before you get there.

Paypal.com sends you Christmas cards

You have pieces of 6 different turbos in a box and they are all smoked.

When people say "is your car running again?" you say "kinda"

People that can "drive stick" stall your car out 5 times before they get it out of the driveway

Your mom claims a 4500 rpm launch "throws her back out"
When people ride in your car...and ask"what's that noise??"...you always reply with "which one??"

You drive all around town, aimlessly, when it's running "right".

You show up at a friends house and their mom asks you why your car sounds like a truck.

Your car was faster 2 years ago than all your friend's cars are now.

When your friends know that you are coming just by hearing your cars turbo spooling up the street.

If you have had to remove your radiator fans, because they just don't fit in front of that Turbo...

That's it for now, post up some of yours, let's see what we can come up with...

Sorry for the long windedness of this...

You left out a few on your list

-Race mustang and drop clutch at 5000rpm with spare tire:nut:

-Race ls1 and cover traffic in white smoke, break piston in to 5 peaces:banghead: :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
04-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by dsm69

You left out a few on your list

-Race mustang and drop clutch at 5000rpm with spare tire:nut:

-Race ls1 and cover traffic in white smoke, break piston in to 5 peaces:banghead: :thumbsup:

I have no recollection of the events in question...:D

EK 2.0
04-14-2004, 03:09 PM
-when u are checking the coolant temp and oil pressure gauges more than the speedo
-when u drive around staring at the tach needle go up and down

i dont do the walking around turbo thing (i will now haha) but i sometimes walk around campus pretending im driving a roadcourse haha

I do the roadcourse thing everywhere I go...
or as you are fighting a crowd of people in a mall, choose the best "line" to take to get out of the store..

.Apex hallways as you head off to class or what have you

finboy
04-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
The costco carts (fully loaded) are the best to drift, cuz if you break traction the weight keeps it going... :bigpimp:

the shopping cart i used for return items at the wholesale club (when i worked there) was PERFECT. the back tires were always covered in dust and they let out the best sound when you put it sideways. i found myself no longer going down the rows in a straight line, i'd do side to side drifting down the whole way.

another tip for you, throw a bag of rooster rice in the front for an empty cart and do a no handed drift around a corner :thumbsup: it straightens itself right out.

after a year and a half there, i am the master cart drifter :burnout:

jdms13rhd
04-27-2004, 01:26 AM
-every day you have to peel the rubber off the rear quarter.
-when you park you turn your wheels just right so you see the rim at a front viev.
-when you order the hks synthetic oil from japan.
-you need a new shammie every month.
-your back yard is a junk yard of tires and differentials.
-you buy a 2 way pager alarm starter combo so you get paged when someone bumps your car.
-when you order octane booster by the case.
-when you spray paint the 1/4 mile on an offstreet so you can drag race your friends.
-when your drawer is full of pics of every mod and during every bolt that gets pulled off.
-when you buy smaller water sprayer canister to save weight.

I love em all guys. Too funny

habsfan
04-27-2004, 01:16 PM
when you are more than willing to spend 6+ hours cleaning your car

check fluid levels every other day "just in case"

constantly brainstorm on how you can improve your car

have occasional conversations with your car

when you dont know how to fix somethin, but want to try anyways

lol keep em comin