PDA

View Full Version : Blading Paths

RSeXy
04-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Any suggestions for some good paths to go rollerblading? I go to the path along memorial and go up to crowchild. Next time I'll start at the Zoo. I went to a path by the airport, very crappy b/c all you can see is open field and then three lanes of traffic.

So yes, the fewer hills the better! hahaha! :)

JordanLotoski
04-12-2004, 09:47 PM
princess island park??

Moonracer
04-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Fish Creek park

D'z Nutz
04-12-2004, 10:00 PM
I like to blade along memorial as well, but I find the other side of the bow river better for some reason (I think it's the side Edworthy Park is?) When you blade along there during the evening, the cool air from the water feels really good. Keeps you from uh... "glistening" :rolleyes:

The weather's finally getting nice and school's almost out. I can't wait to go blading again :clap:

RSeXy
04-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
I like to blade along memorial as well, but I find the other side of the bow river better for some reason (I think it's the side Edworthy Park is?) When you blade along there during the evening, the cool air from the water feels really good. Keeps you from uh... "glistening" :rolleyes:

The weather's finally getting nice and school's almost out. I can't wait to go blading again :clap:

haha...yes "glistening"

i only blade at night. its insane to go in the afternoon. i went sunday and almost died. i guess its my fault b/c i was wearing a hoodie too. i agree, the other side is better, the pavement is a lot smoother.

i think i got a mouthful of mosquitos when i went under the bridge by the water though...and its only a matter of time before i get chased down by a pissed off goose.

BebeAphrodite
04-18-2004, 05:40 AM
but when you blade at nite, u can't see all those crazy rocks and avoid them. I like going when the sun is setting but before it gets dark. that way it won't be too hot and itll still be visible.
he he he
just got new blades.. i like to blade along the river! :D

sti_power
04-18-2004, 10:11 AM
go to fish creek they have alot of paved paths and theres so much to see down there!

QuasarCav
04-18-2004, 12:12 PM
I usually go to carburn park in the SE.
good pavement, lots of variety.

SoSlowDx
04-18-2004, 12:22 PM
haha I can't blade I just bought some to practice kind of scary haha but I blading was nice down eau claire...

civic_rida
04-18-2004, 01:30 PM
hit up some rails downtown .

Ducati
04-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Now THIS is Blading!!!

RSeXy
04-25-2004, 01:55 AM
haha...that's some sweet blading! so many times i am tempted to hitch a ride from the cyclists that pass me by...haha

I'm told the paths by Edworthy are very good and smooth, so you just fly. I need to get new wheels pretty soon. Gonna be blading lots more this summer once my neck/back is ok. :(

Chester
04-25-2004, 09:07 PM
i bought roller hockey rollerblades 2 years ago for $300 and by the end of the summer the wheels needed to be replaced, I haven't rollerbladed since because im too lazy to change the wheels haha