PDA

View Full Version : Shells?

3G
04-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know any shops or places that sell Car shells for cheap? or any private individual selling a prelude(2nd or 3rd gen) or accord(3rd or 4th gen) shell?

3G
04-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Anyone??

turboMiata
04-13-2004, 07:13 PM
What do you mean by a shell? Just the body of the car and nothing else? Or are you looking for an aftermarket tub?

3G
04-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
What do you mean by a shell? Just the body of the car and nothing else? Or are you looking for an aftermarket tub?

The body and interior etc

TheBiz
04-13-2004, 07:30 PM
nobody sells shells specificly.

3G
04-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz
nobody does.

Is that all you do? post-whore?

TheBiz
04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
well I'm sorry if your grossly uneducated post lacking complete comon sense wasn't worth my time, post whore.

3G
04-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz
well I'm sorry if your grossly uneducated post lacking complete comon sense wasn't worth my time, post whore.

Seriously man, go get a girlfriend or something. You need to get off your computer and get laid.

finboy
04-13-2004, 07:47 PM
check bargain finder for cars with dead motors, or the impound lot auction.

i got a car from the cop auction for 100 bucks, don't know if it ran but i had a spare drivetrain kicking around so it didn't matter.

pick your part charges 300 for a shell, but then you need a new gas tank and all the parts that were missing off the car. 500 if you want to motor and tranny with the car.

GTS Jeff
04-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

Seriously man, go get a girlfriend or something. You need to get off your computer and get laid. uhh hes already humpbuddies with spenser.. why he isnt banned already is beyond me.

3G
04-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by finboy
check bargain finder for cars with dead motors, or the impound lot auction.

i got a car from the cop auction for 100 bucks, don't know if it ran but i had a spare drivetrain kicking around so it didn't matter.

pick your part charges 300 for a shell, but then you need a new gas tank and all the parts that were missing off the car. 500 if you want to motor and tranny with the car.

Thanks man :thumbsup: what section of the bargain finder, do u know the column #? Ill head down to the cop auction next one and call pick a part tomorrow. :)

finboy
04-13-2004, 07:54 PM
bargain finder section 3 or 4, just look in the parting out car section and ask if the whole car is for sale, or scan the ads for the year of car you want.

i would still be weary of cars from pick your part. even though i got mine from there (and the motor was in good shape), its still a bit of a pain in the ass, as you don't know what else could be wrong with the car, and it takes around a week for them to pull a car from the yard (luckily no one touched my car ;) ). but if you do get it from there and get it running, you will get all the odd looks from people when you say you brought your car back from the dead :thumbsup: