PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Tire a rip off...READ!!

noyzz_boyzz
04-12-2004, 11:05 PM
me and my friend went to Canadian Tire today (Monday) looking for Halogan car bulbs and overheard a guy yelling at the clerk so we went closer to listen to what was going on....apparently this man was ripped offed big time...and yes I mean BIG TIME...his bill of sale after the job was done was $1200 for brake change and oil change...and then I heard the clerk tell the gentleman that it was actually $1000!....the charges were $50 for the oil change and $750 for the brakes....the clerk actually gave a excuse that his car was a special one and there was more work needed to be done to take the brakes out or something like that.....we left at that point and don't know what happened later...

But I guess that was the guys last time to have his car serviced at Canadian Tire and I guess he will pass it on to his friends and relatives....

I will never go to Canadian Tire (Crappy Tire as they call it) to have my car serviced...ever....they rip u off....got my brakes done for $120 (front) at a Chinese place....

Just want to pass this on to u guys....

max_boost
04-12-2004, 11:10 PM
I paid $750 for a full complete front/rear rotors, pads, sensors, installation on my 323I from Calgary BMW. I know how that guy feels :thumbsdow :banghead:

benyl
04-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Haha, I have done many sets of brakes myself... SO much cheaper!

finboy
04-12-2004, 11:17 PM
canadian tire is CRAP, i wouldn't let them rotate my tires.

my buddy needed an alignment, so he went there. they refused to give the car back to hime "because the cv boots are cracked"

the only way he could get it back is if they fixed it for him. my buddy made a scene and told them to fuck themselves. upon inspecting the boots, they were fine, canadian tire was just trying to screw him over :thumbsdow

barmanjay
04-12-2004, 11:27 PM
JEEZUS!!!!!
buy me a bottle of amaretto, and I'll change your front disk pads in 30 min!!!!

in just about any vehicle, as long as you supply the parts

88CRX
04-12-2004, 11:31 PM
crappy tire is the shit :thumbsdow

When i worked their for like 3 weeks (thank god i got another job to replace that one) we had a guys car repairs for a bunch of shit...... so $300 for parts and something like 5 hours of labour. So they call the guy in to tell him its ready he comes in, gets his bill and sees this 5 hours of labour. He then asks me how its possible to do "5 hours" worth of work when he dropped his car off only 2 hours ago. (i was just a cashier) so i call the manager over and he says " well... um.... we had our lead tech guy do all the work and he just works fast blah blah blah."

complete bullshit :thumbsdow

Khyron
04-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Well that happens all the time - you can have a job rated at 8 hours but if you have 2 guys working on it, you can be done in 3.5 (its an average, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes shorter). 5 hrs done in 2 seems fishy though.

Khyron

88CRX
04-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Well that happens all the time - you can have a job rated at 8 hours but if you have 2 guys working on it, you can be done in 3.5 (its an average, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes shorter). 5 hrs done in 2 seems fishy though.

Khyron

oh ya..... but his car was only at crappy tire for 2 hours or so..... thats not even in the shop the whole time.

phat97yukon
04-12-2004, 11:44 PM
They wouldnt time my old old old old car and tune the carb, with out me gettin a $800 full exaust system...
than i get a starter for my blazer, get the good 4 year warrenty one... 2 days after the first starter it screwed, chewed my new fly wheel... go take it back , no probs got a new starter, 4 months later i split this starter right in half and they wouldnt warrenty it or anything... not to inclued other problems ive had with them in the past.... * AVOID CANADIAN TIRE westhills...*

hjr
04-12-2004, 11:45 PM
they charge you book time in jobs like that. if a mechanic cannot beat book time they usually are not employeed there for very long. This applys to almost ALL shops.

BUT Cdn Tire can be complete crap, or a reasonable experience. i havent seen many people super impressed though. its generally the reasonable experience most people come away with. but every once in a while BS happens. Hopefully the people realizes its happening though and make a fuss.

88CRX
04-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by whitetrash101
* AVOID CANADIAN TIRE westhills...*

um.... i think you meant to say

* AVOID CANADIAN TIRE. any location. *

izzoblitzo
04-12-2004, 11:49 PM
when I was buying my sylvania superstars, some lady had windshield wiper blades replaced on her bmw for like, 35bucks or something like that.

:D

phat97yukon
04-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Yea any canadian tire...... :werd:

izzoblitzo
04-12-2004, 11:58 PM
but at the same time, you cant blame a bad service store.. especially a big chain store.. the people that go there are rather less educated, and just go there for a reason. Im sure people go to the walmart mechanics shop to get things done.. little do they know, the employees that work there also happened to attend ernest manning highschool next door!

I think the chain stores are more convient if anything, but depending on the scope of work.. :D

sputnik
04-13-2004, 07:23 AM
i do my brakes myself... that way i know that they are done properly... and it gives me a chance to re-pack and inspect the bearings.

QuasarCav
04-13-2004, 08:26 AM
The first time i took my car anywhere (i was 17) was the crappy tire. To make a long story short, I picked up my car after 3 days and like 1200$. They said okay go get your car, went to start it and it wouldn't turn.

Diagnosis= blown alternator, hey guys how did you manage to test drive my car before you gabe it to me.

Response=It was fine when we drove it, too bad my trip odometer still read 000.

Idiots, i will never go there again.

962 kid
04-13-2004, 08:36 AM
:thumbsdow to canadian tire

Some students did a test, going across Canada with a van and loosening off one of the battery wires and bringing it to different shops. The Canadian tire on Mcleod trail by visions was the worst in canada, charged them 1200 dollars for a new alternator, battery, etc.

legereandrew4
04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
who knows his situation though if he was paying for every thing, pads, rotors, calipers. etc... last summer i paid 750$ for all 4 wheels to get new calipers, pads, discs, rotors, etc... that was from midus, but i couldnt complain, only place that could do them in one day, an di needed my car the next day to go to bc.

Ducati
04-13-2004, 10:16 AM
I despise canadian tire, so I won't even capitalize their name.

Their corporate policy is "Nyeh, each store is privately owned, and they can do what the owner wants, Take it up with them"

The stores are owned by avariced crooks whose credo seems to make PT Barnum look like a philanthropist. They will extract as much money from you as possible while performing as little service of value as possible.

My girlfriend took her old Sunbird in to can. tire, and they hit her up with a $75 "diagnostics fee" to tell her what she knew in the first place and asked them to do, that the wiper motor needed to be replaced.
When she refused to pay, they cited the Mechanics Lien Act and kept her car hostage until she paid. We have since filed a complaint with the Department of Consumer and Corporate Affairs.

I haven't used them in nearly 20 years, however from what friends tell me they are not mechanics who posess diagnostic skills - they are drones who merely replace everything that they can until the mechanical malady goes away.

I will buy my parts and shop supplies from reputable stores like Lordco, Kal Tire, Mopac Auto Supply, V.A.P., and a few others whom I have reason to believe are straightforward, competent. and willing to take that extra step to earn your (my) business.

Boycott canadian tire! They are Crooks.

Gonthro
04-13-2004, 10:22 AM
i can understand how the vehicle was in the shop for 2 hours and you get charged for 5, they do what most mechanics shops do, they charge by the book, so the faster the mechanic works, the more he gets paid, if he does a job that the book says should take 5 hours, in 2 hours, he gets paid 5 hours, so essentially a mechanic could get paid like 20 hours, for working 8 hours...

in some places this is good, because it makes the shop run more efficiently, but in some cases its bead because you get a few mechaincs that dont do the job properly, they just do it half assed just to get paid, and move on to the next vehicle...

i am in no way defending canadian tire, i have never got my vehicles serviced there, and never would (i do shop there occasionaly) (actually i have never taken any of my vehicles to any shop (the perks of having a licensed mnechanic for a brother (who also happens to be my landlord)))

:D

SinisterProbeGt
04-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I paid $750 for a full complete front/rear rotors, pads, sensors, installation on my 323I from Calgary BMW. I know how that guy feels :thumbsdow :banghead:
I just paid over $1,000 bux for my brake job, rotors, pads and calipers.
I bet you heard the guy backing at the bill. but his brakes were prolly seized up and needed to have the rotors replaced and mabye a caliper.
its not like he had a brake pad or two replaced and they screwed him.
I think mabye you should investagate a little more or stick around and ask the guy whats going on before you whore it all over the net. Not saying that crappy tire does the best service or any thing just you should at least have all the facts.

Crappy Tire fucked me over last year on a tire job. I blew out a tire in front of the crappy tire on mac and southland and needed a quick replacement. Drove into the ct tire bay and paid 150 bucks to have 1 tire installed and balanced cause My RIMS ARE SEPCIAL the guy says.

:guns:

garyb
04-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

Not saying that crappy tire does the best service or any thing just you should at least have all the facts.
:guns:

even though everyone who has posted has something negative to say about C.T.

SinisterProbeGt
04-13-2004, 12:30 PM
yeha they suck but there good in a pinch

Loose
04-13-2004, 01:10 PM
One of my friends couldn't get her car started so she had it towed to a canadian tire. they had the car for a day, changed her plugs, and charged her $380! The bill was unbelievable, there were all sorts of funny charges, like $X for "de-flooding", meaning that they let the car sit.

That was a rape-age.

Road_Head
04-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Wow, that sure is some crazy stories! I didnt know Canadian Tire was like that.

I go there all the time to get small parts (parts that are the same anywhere, fluids, etc) and the prices are good.

For most all performance parts I go to Mopac, because they get products straight from the manufacturer and prices are very cheap in comparison to most part stores.

TheBiz
04-13-2004, 04:50 PM
I went to canadian tire and the boso does this....

me: hey, I need a new tie rod for my civic.
fuckface: inner or outer?
me: only the outer ones screw up on my kinda car
fuckface: No, theres an inner one too, want me to show you [whips out some kid of diagram] see, right there.
me: haha, thats part of the steering rack, if that goes I need a new steering rack
fuckface: no they go all the time.
me: look up on your little computer there if you can order a inner tie rod
fuckface: ok,
looks for a couple minutes, looks some more
fuckface: can't find it
me: thank you, [i walk out and leave]

I also got fucked over at sears.

I take my car in to get new tires and an alignment, I explain that my car is really low, and they might not be able to get it on a lift/machine. the dude at the coutner comes out looks at the car and says it will fit, They put new tires on, and then tell me they are really busy and can't do the alignment today. so I leave the car in the lot and come back the next day. about an hour after my apoitment, a tech comes and drives my car in, 30 mins later he brings it out. about 40 mins after the dude from the front counter comes over and tells me they can't do it cause my car is "custom lowered" and that the "custom lowering" puts "to much preasure on the upper ball joints" so the Tech guy wont touch it. I say sure whatever, your wrong, give me my money back. I had already paid for the alignment and tires with my sears card. I tell the stupid fuck at the counter that I want my money back, then, he gives me some bullshit and i just ignore him. I call up the manager and tell him that they told me they would do an alignment, but they wont do it now, so to make a long story short, they refunded me all the money and I got FREE tires!!!:clap:

2.0turbo
04-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Nice, Free tires rock.

Back to Crappy Tire. A while back, I purchased a Turbo Sprint. I wanted to get it checked out so I figured, how could C.T. screw up an inspection, I mean it's not even my car yet. So they take it in, to there little 100 point safety inspection, charge me the $80 and give the car back. Everything checks out good. Infact, so good that I bought the car. So about a week passes and my brakes start to get a really bad squeal, even when I am just driving and not using the brakes. So I figure it's the safety thing that most pads have when they get to low and need a change. So I'm thinking to myself, why would my brakes be going already when canadian tire says they had 90% on the front and 85% on the back. I take it back to them since they were on the way home and to be perfectly honest, I was happy with the treatment I got. They take the car in and the guy goes to take the rims off. He can't, but he just keeps trying. Stops and comes over to me who is sitting watching through the window. He sais " is there a locking lug nut on these rims." I said, you got them off before so I don't think so.
Turns out there was a locking lugnut and the guy that sold my the car forget to give it to me (or he was planning on stealing the rims back if I forgot) and they must not have even taken the rims off in the first place. Just guessed.
I ended up getting the whole thing done for free.:D
What a bunch of idiots.:whipped:

yohan4ws
04-13-2004, 06:20 PM
I actually had the canadian tire topic brought up last night at a friends ...

Apparently they'll tell a person that their cars in need of an engine replacement or something of the like and then fix it for 200bux worth of damages, buy it back from the shop and sell it to somebody else to turn a quick profit.

they're definately scandalis.

Zero102
04-13-2004, 06:32 PM
The test across canada was done by the APA, Automobile Protection Agency.
It was the sears on macleod trail by chinook center, billed them upwards of $1200 for a whole new suspension and everything, and it was in worse shape when it left then when it went in. Everything was bent to hell by whoever installed the suspension.

All Canadian Tire stores across Canada failed.
They deserve it.

I couldn't even tell you all the stories I have heard while in line at crappy tire, but don't ever go there. If your car is on fire, just keep on driving, they will only make it worse.

Ducati
04-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Agreed> Boycott C/T. They are theives.

About a decade ago the Firestone Stores were brought up on charges of criminal fraud by the Dept of Consumer and Corporate Affairs in BC. They got a big time fine, and numerous Firestone franchisees lost theur franchise rights. Two decades ago Aamco Transmissions was pilloried by the Feds for ripping people off.

It boggles me that Canadian Tire does not step in, as a corporation, and put in place a common code of ethics and visible, transparent billing. They should predicate the francise rights upon this being strictly observed. Instead, the individual owners conduct themselves independantly, under the banner of Canadian Tire.

With Gov't cutbacks, the Consumers Bureaus are staffed by one or two harried investigators, who are so backlogged and hamstrung by beaurocratic red tape and paperwork that they cannot effectively do their jobs. These owners know that, and know how to stonewall these people.
Fuckers! Do not contribute to their economic gain.

Drsuce
04-14-2004, 12:23 AM
you'd crap your pants if you knew the mechanic turnover at the CT i work at... i think only 1 or 2 guys have been there for over 2 months :P

abc1
04-14-2004, 01:01 AM
I only go to Canadian Tire for car things. Never take it for service anymore since they don't know how to do it right. I once took it for an oil change. They drained the oil but never filled it up. I usually check my oil from time to time and notice it was empty. I was upset about it. But I consider myself lucky since there was a lady that didn't get any money when Canadian Tire messed up her motor.

ole dsm
04-14-2004, 03:54 PM
a friend of mine took his winter beater to poopy tire to get a ball joint done , hey it was a sunday . so then on the friday he was exiting deerfoot and the ball joint poped lucky he was only going going 50km's he just messed up a rim and that was it . the reason why it poped was that the pin that goes threw the castle nut didn't get put in and the nut backed off and whole thing opened up.

one time i was stuck in kamloops with a bad axle bearing on a sunday so i took it to crappy tire and they checked it out (opened the axle and pulled the shaft . charged me 600 for it and i found a shaft and bearings in a kamloops parts wrecker for 180.
so for 780 they had me out of there on monday afternoon. that was ok plus when i was there gave me a loaner neon to drive!, i think cuz they felt bad for me.

VWhooligan
04-14-2004, 05:16 PM
I worked at a wal mart tire and lube department being one of the tech/mechanics for a few months. All we basically did was install/rotate tires and do oil changes. When we do the oil change we have to check battery life and give the exact power number (amperage?) with every change, funny thing is we never did it and just wrote in a fake number, this was encouraged when I was hired by all the other workers. I made sure to never bring my car there.

Skyline_Addict
04-14-2004, 05:55 PM
hmmm.
reading this really would make me think about going to CT.
not that I would, thank God for free service at Acura!

Ajay
04-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Usually you get what you pay for doesn't seem to be the case at CT.

Never taken my car there except my POS Cavalier when I had it for cheap all season tires but never had an issue with those.

I always end up taking my car to Crowfoot Honda cause they obviously know my car and I've never had an issue with them whatsoever. Definetly more expensive than shops like CT, or Midas but in my opinion....worth it.

Had friends who took their cars to Wal Mart and CT and they don't have any good stories that's for sure.

rzimb
09-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Just had an oil change done today at Canadian Tire.
When I went to pick up my car, I found out that they left my car unlocked in the parking lot. After I went back to my office, I called Canadian Tire and questioned why did they leave a car unlocked after servicing. The guy answered the phone argued that generally their technician would lock the customer cars. He didn't apologize but said will call me back. He kept his promise to call me and explained that the technician might have pressed the wrong button and the technician did apologize for the mistake.

Luckily I didn't leave any important/valuable belongings in my car. Who is responsible for the loss if someone broke into my car? I don't think CT will.

Kloubek
09-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Cool story Bro. Way to bump a decade-old thread.

As far as what would happen if someone broke in - you'd ask CT to take care of it and if they didn't you could go to court if you wanted to. Might be difficult to prove a) They didn't lock it, and b) What you actually had in the car.

slinkie
09-11-2013, 02:26 PM
edit 04 thread? wow

but yeah thumbs down for canadian tire west hills, specifically the tire department, had a terrible experience there last year in november, these retards "lost" my key and took 2 days to put on winters when it was supposed to be 2 hours. never shopped there since and i de-recommend them to everyone i know if they ever mention the store.

Modelexis
09-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Since we're bumping this anyway:

Forget tire rotation, I took my own wheel off in the parking lot because I didn't trust them to remove it themselves to fix a leak.

Got it back and the tire was backwards (directional tire was pointed in the opposite direction than when I dropped it off)

Service manager tried to tell me it was like that before and the tire guys mark all the tires before they remove them from the wheel.

I asked to see the 'mark'
they jacked the car up, removed the wheel, looked for the 'mark' and none in sight, they ended up flipping the tire back around.

speedog
09-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Why?

Why are people still going to Canadian Tire for automotive services when there are so many other options available?

Support some of the local, non-chain independent places and yes, some of them are open Saturdays - I know a little independent place on 4th Street NW owned by an oriental couple which has never given anyone I know of (including myself) any grief on any service.

Modelexis
09-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Why?

Why are people still going to Canadian Tire for automotive services when there are so many other options available?

Support some of the local, non-chain independent places and yes, some of them are open Saturdays - I know a little independent place on 4th Street NW owned by an oriental couple which has never given anyone I know of (including myself) any grief on any service.

Not just saturdays, but being open until 9pm or so is a big reason why a lot of people go there I would think.

Xtrema
09-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Why?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/VehicleAccessories/ExteriorBodyAccessories/PRD~0372276P/Car+Lashes.jsp?locale=en

Mitsu3000gt
09-11-2013, 04:29 PM
It's hard to feel sorry for anyone having issues who went to CT for work on their car. That is the last place on earth anyone should be going for automotive work. I wouldn't even let them rotate the tires.

Isaiah
09-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

As far as what would happen if someone broke in - you'd ask CT to take care of it and if they didn't you could go to court if you wanted to. Might be difficult to prove a) They didn't lock it, and b) What you actually had in the car.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Had he started a new thread there would have been the inevitable: 'Didn't you search? There's like 10 Canadian Tire threads already!"

[Jesse Pinkman]Decade bump is the bomb, bitch.[/Jesse Pinkman]

snowcat
09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

When they don't search and make a new thread, you guys bitch. When he finds a relative thread, you guys bitch.

Beyond Logic.

JRSC00LUDE
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by snowcat
When they don't search and make a new thread, you guys bitch. When he finds a relative thread, you guys bitch.

Beyond Logic.

Basically when anybody says anything in a thread, YOU bitch.

scat/snowcat/sissy-on-a-sportbike logic. :rolleyes:

There's a logout button right up there, just right of center.

M.alex
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/VehicleAccessories/ExteriorBodyAccessories/PRD~0372276P/Car+Lashes.jsp?locale=en

And yet somebody made good money on that stupid idea :(

corsvette
09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
One of my first jobs as a youngster was a tire boy at CT. Yep, the stories I could tell about that place ripping people off.......

Never ever go there, period!

heavyfuel
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
I bought a 5/6" ratchet wrench there this morning. After reading this, holy fuck do I feel violated.

speedog
09-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
I bought a 5/6" ratchet wrench there this morning. After reading this, holy fuck do I feel violated.
Buying merchandise at Canadian Tire is a whole different discussion as compared to getting service done there, no?

FraserB
09-11-2013, 05:54 PM
I buy tools at Canadian Tire because I’m not a professional mechanic, I don’t need them to make me money and I can beat them to death and then warranty them. Plus they’re CHEAP.

corsvette
09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I buy tools at Canadian Tire because I’m not a professional mechanic, I don’t need them to make me money and I can beat them to death and then warranty them. Plus they’re CHEAP.

Darn rights, their tool sales can't be beat. Bought a full set of sockets, impact, and wrenches that was regular $399 for $169. CT tool sales rock!

Tik-Tok
09-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
One of my first jobs as a youngster was a tire boy at CT. Yep, the stories I could tell about that place ripping people off.......

Never ever go there, period!

And yet the government makes you if you buy a car that's part of the RIV :nut:

Kloubek
09-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Had he started a new thread there would have been the inevitable: 'Didn't you search? There's like 10 Canadian Tire threads already!"

If there was a thread any time in the last month or two bitching about C. Tire, that might make sense. But when someone bumps a 10 year old thread, there is an excellent chance it isn't exactly relevant anymore. (Though in this case, it was because C. Tire doesn't change...)

It's no big deal... I just thought it was interesting he bumped such an old thread. With that said, true enough, such a post wasn't really worthwhile making a thread about.

bignerd
09-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Went to CT for a quick oil change, was going out of town on long road trip and husband didnt have time to do it.

Bring car home, oil on driveway next morning, I can see oil dripping from bottom of my car. Go back.

Mechanic just pulled drain plug and let the oil drain out all over the frame of my car etc... the oil was dripping through drain holes in the frame. The entire bottom of my car was covered in oil.

Not sure how they managed it, Honda never does it, my husband never does that. Just lazy and messy. They gave me a bunch of stuff to clean off my driveway but still, it was ONLY an oilchange... and not like it was some difficult model of vehicle to do either.

luxor
09-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Went to CT for a quick oil change, was going out of town on long road trip and husband didnt have time to do it.

Bring car home, oil on driveway next morning, I can see oil dripping from bottom of my car. Go back.

Mechanic just pulled drain plug and let the oil drain out all over the frame of my car etc... the oil was dripping through drain holes in the frame. The entire bottom of my car was covered in oil.

Not sure how they managed it, Honda never does it, my husband never does that. Just lazy and messy. They gave me a bunch of stuff to clean off my driveway but still, it was ONLY an oilchange... and not like it was some difficult model of vehicle to do either.

Cool.

I got a tire repaired at CT on my truck and instead of filling it up to 38 PSI they only filled it up to 37 PSI. NEVER AGAIN!

M.alex
09-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bignerd

http://a133.idata.over-blog.com/600x536/2/87/79/27/bibi-over-here-fdp/kitchen_escape.jpg

95EG6P
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by luxor

Cool.

I got a tire repaired at CT on my truck and instead of filling it up to 38 PSI they only filled it up to 37 PSI. NEVER AGAIN!

:clap:

mr2mike
09-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

And yet the government makes you if you buy a car that's part of the RIV :nut:

I went to Stampede Toyota to do mine. That was years ago (maybe they don't do RIV import inspections anymore) but I knew crappy tire would slip in some added costs.

btimbit
09-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by luxor

Cool.

I know this comment is a joke, but tire shops always fill me tires to at least 10psi less than I like/asked for. Annoying

Buying merchandise at Canadian Tire is a whole different discussion as compared to getting service done there, no?

Definitely. Pretty sure that the service departments are mostly independently and separately owned as well. The stores themselves I love

botox
09-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Well since the decade bump might as well add a couple of story's that was back in my younger years.

1) I bought brake rotors for a 100% stock 94 civic si coupe and they were smaller than my current ones. I took them back to get a refund and they insisted that it had aftermarket rotors installed. Then they said it was a special order, yes a 94 civic one of the highest sold cars in Canada and probably US is apparently special and couldn't refund me but did after a bit of arguing.

2) Brought car in because of a vibration. Guy suggested an alignment and I questioned him if he was serious or not. He said some bs and I was young and said ok. Picked the car up and the lady told me that the vibration was still there after the alignment. I said great so I'm not paying for the work because I only did it after their guy told me it would fix the problem. They chatted a bit in the back and cancelled the invoice :clap:

thetransporter
09-12-2013, 09:50 PM
which location did you go to? the one next to Franklin Mall?

Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz
me and my friend went to Canadian Tire today (Monday) looking for Halogan car bulbs and overheard a guy yelling at the clerk so we went closer to listen to what was going on....apparently this man was ripped offed big time...and yes I mean BIG TIME...his bill of sale after the job was done was $1200 for brake change and oil change...and then I heard the clerk tell the gentleman that it was actually $1000!....the charges were $50 for the oil change and $750 for the brakes....the clerk actually gave a excuse that his car was a special one and there was more work needed to be done to take the brakes out or something like that.....we left at that point and don't know what happened later...

But I guess that was the guys last time to have his car serviced at Canadian Tire and I guess he will pass it on to his friends and relatives....

I will never go to Canadian Tire (Crappy Tire as they call it) to have my car serviced...ever....they rip u off....got my brakes done for $120 (front) at a Chinese place....

Just want to pass this on to u guys....

Sugarphreak
09-12-2013, 10:09 PM

thetransporter
09-12-2013, 10:49 PM

bignerd
09-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

http://a133.idata.over-blog.com/600x536/2/87/79/27/bibi-over-here-fdp/kitchen_escape.jpg

Not sure why this is so entertaining? Left a big fucking oil stain on my driveway, don't want my house to look like shit like all the other people who leave cars leaking stuff parked all over and dont give a damn.