PDA

View Full Version : 323 problems

dirtygrrrl
04-13-2004, 06:30 AM
Please help me with my car.
I drive a 1993 Mazda 323 1.8l DOHC.
This morning when I went to drive it to work I had some issues that i can't even guess where they came from. Here is what happened:

When I have my foot lightly on the gas and still a little on the clutch I have no problems (except that I'm going 3km/hr) As soon as I push in the gas for real it feels as if I'm slamming on the brakes.

What could this possibly be? I've been around vehicles for quite some time, and have never even heard of this. Is this my poor baby's way of saying good bye.

Thanks for the help.

cobber112879
04-13-2004, 07:00 AM
When you say it feels like you are slamming on the brakes, do you mean that the engine just dies and you stop right there? If so your problem is likely a large air leak between your air flow meter and throttle body (Assuming this particular 323 has an air flow meter) or a problem with the meter itself. Check for cracks in the hose and make sure the hose hasn't fallen off. Hope that helps.

dirtygrrrl
04-13-2004, 07:05 AM
The engine doesn't actually die. The car just comes to a halt with the engine running.

illeagle
04-13-2004, 07:50 AM
the motor rev up at all when you step on it? (driving and in nuetral)

cycodelico
04-13-2004, 02:47 PM
WTF

cycodelico
04-13-2004, 02:47 PM
THIS IS THE WEIRDEST SHIT I EVER HEARD IS THE CAR STICK OR AUTOMATIC? AND IF SO IN WHAT GEAR DO U HAVE IT WHEN THE SYMPHTOMS APPEAR.

TheBiz
04-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by cycodelico
THIS IS THE WEIRDEST SHIT I EVER HEARD IS THE CAR STICK OR AUTOMATIC? AND IF SO IN WHAT GEAR DO U HAVE IT WHEN THE SYMPHTOMS APPEAR.

OMFG STOP YOUR SCREAMING

the fucking car is manual, otherwise it wouldn't have a clutch(duh) and i would assume this is in all gears, but i could be wrong.

so even with your foot off the clutch and the car in gear, it still runs, even at a stop?