PDA

View Full Version : risk management and insurance?

swt_asian_soul
04-13-2004, 04:22 PM
is insurance a good profession to get into?

Loose
04-13-2004, 04:43 PM
if you like stress and poor pay, yes

swt_asian_soul
04-13-2004, 04:47 PM
but ever business related job pretty much has alot of stress. and i hear it pays good too

hjr
04-13-2004, 04:59 PM
what is stressful about the job? i would like to find out...

Also, i know some sucessful people in the insurance industry, it seems they are doing ok, what is poor about the pay?

Shaolin
04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
I spent a summer at Marsh Canada in their Risk Management group.. believe me, the stuff they do are not very stressful at all.

Also Risk Management doesn't necessarily have to involve insurance.. it can be handled by finance majors as well as part of their corporate strategy to save their company some extra cash or decide whether or not they should buy the 300 million dollar rig..

I think it'd be a good industry to get into.. I'm personally going into Risk Management myself, just not in the insurance sector.

Loose
04-14-2004, 12:39 PM
oops, i didn't see the risk management thing, i was thinking adjusting

idriveabox
04-14-2004, 11:08 PM
im in the industry and I took my classes at MRC. Pays good, pretty low stress. If you have any questions let me know...

ecstasy_civic
04-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I spent a summer at Marsh Canada in their Risk Management group.. believe me, the stuff they do are not very stressful at all.

Also Risk Management doesn't necessarily have to involve insurance.. it can be handled by finance majors as well as part of their corporate strategy to save their company some extra cash or decide whether or not they should buy the 300 million dollar rig..

I think it'd be a good industry to get into.. I'm personally going into Risk Management myself, just not in the insurance sector.

I can gurantee you know my dad lol
hes the senior VP there.

well, used to be, hes at AON now.

In the Vancouver office.
I know a few of the guys here.

You can make VERY good money if you stick with it, lots of perks and benefits too.
Im debating going into that industry, my step mom is also in it, shes a director at Chubb insurance.

Chubb is one of the best companies to work for in north america, they pay above average, GREAT benefits, good working enviroment and lots of room for advancement.
Kicker is you MUST have a degree in something before they will even look at your resume.

Shaolin
04-15-2004, 02:10 PM
he's VP of Marsh? What's his name? Only big shot I remember is Peter Redmond.. and he was the regional manager.. nice guy, total baller haha.

edit: hi i can't spell.

ecstasy_civic
04-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
he's VP of Marsh? What's his name? Only big shot I remember is Peter Redmond.. and he was the regional manager.. nice guy, total baller haha.

edit: hi i can't spell.

you must have been there a while ago, Peter Redmond no longer works there from what I remember, Tom Blenkhorn is now regional manager.

Ill Pm you :thumbsup: