PDA

View Full Version : Where to find wrecked classics?

Chim
04-13-2004, 04:41 PM
My buddy wants to buy an old stang (late 60's) and restore it, as a long-term project cuz him and nobody he knows has any idea wtf they're doing
Anyways.... where's a good place to start searching for rusted up classics in junkyards and such waiting for a little bit of TLC?

guitardemon
04-13-2004, 06:47 PM
good luck finding a place like that,let me know when you do, you'll just hafta keep your eyes out:eek:

barmanjay
04-13-2004, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't bother with anything in town, if it's at the yard, it'd be stripped clean, I'd look in the smaller towns in their local papers and buy'n'sell's.

That would be the best bet for something in reasonably good shape and not something that's stripped.

calgarys13
04-13-2004, 10:12 PM
heavy metal motors trochu alberta..lots old metal there:thumbsup:

autobodygal
04-13-2004, 11:07 PM
If you are close enough to the country, drive by some farm yards. Some of the most amazing cars found in farm yards. People bought those cars new and let them sit and shit right on their land. Don't know what they got., so they give 'em up real cheap lots of times.

Horatio
04-14-2004, 06:39 PM
can't help with the junkyards (and you can't have my 'stang) but

www.vintage-mustang.com has lots and lots of users, great info and great links.

The nearest mustang-specific yard (as far as I know) is in northern Washington state but you may want to give the Mustang Shop a call or even drop by; they frequently have older stangs posted on the bulletin board for sale.

Greg