PDA

View Full Version : Nice Blue Miata

importbabe
10-08-2002, 05:42 PM
I was driving on 17th ave downtown today when i saw a beautiful Miata. I'm not sure on what year this Miata was if it was new or just redone but it was nice:thumbsup: I fell in love with it. It was like a rich deep metalic blue color, really stood out in the sunlight, had these nice looking chrome rims, had a body kit and had a hard top on it. It was clean, didn't have a "RICED" up look to it. Hard to explain, but it didn't seem like a normal ordinary Miata. I think it had some badging on the side of the car. It actually reminds of a minature RX-7!!!!!! Does anyone know if this is another new release from Mazda, like their new Turbo or Super charged Protege I saw in SCC coming out?

thanks

CRXguy
10-08-2002, 05:46 PM
I believe you're referring to "turbomiata" on the board. It's a sweet ass car.

As for Mazda's new releases, the Mazdaspeed Protege is due to arrive on my driveway next week.:D

And I think there will be a couple new colors for the Miata in 2003, yellow and dark grey!

cocoabrova
10-08-2002, 05:46 PM
I think Mazda brought out a some special edition Miata's a few years back. If I remember correctly, it was like that Viper GTS-ish blue with chrome wheels and shite...
As for new Mazdas, yes the Mazdaspeed Protege is coming, so is the Mazda 6, and the RX-8 next year I think....:werd:

turboMiata
10-08-2002, 05:47 PM
Yup. You probably saw a tenth anniversary editon miata if there's badging on the side. All of them came stock with a body kit and some even have a pair of fog lights in the front bumper. The chrome rims, too are standard, so is the 6 speed tranny.

here's a link to it.

http://www.miata.net/faq/brochures/2000/index.html

Nice car.

cocoabrova
10-08-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
As for Mazda's new releases, the Mazdaspeed Protege is due to arrive on my driveway next week.:D
Hey Ahn, I'm going to Sunridge Mazda today to find out about your car... It WILL be MINE
:devil: :werd: :rofl:

importbabe
10-08-2002, 05:52 PM
Turbomiata, thats the one:drool: and yes it did have fog lights.
All I have to say is that is one sweet Mazda! one sweet Japanese car to top it all off!!

CRXguy
10-08-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Hey Ahn, I'm going to Sunridge Mazda today to find out about your car... It WILL be MINE
:devil: :werd: :rofl:

Bastard! Who says I'm buying at Sundridge?!:rofl:

cocoabrova
10-08-2002, 05:58 PM
Bastard! Who says I'm buying at Sundridge?!:rofl:
:rofl: well, I'm going there to check it out. You busy today or what?:werd:

silenttype23
10-08-2002, 06:02 PM
There are only gonna be like 6 MSP's in the city. I had the first hold way back last year, but i let it go just recently after finding out there will be a second wave of MSP's (mazdaspeed protege) early next year. Reason I gave up my deposit is because i wasn't feeling the Orange. But thats just my opinion. I already put my deposit towards the next wave of MSP's. They will have a different color according to Mazda Canada.:thumbsup: For it being "limited" sorry but thats not the case:( That why i'm gonna have to wait again, just so it won't be the orange color.

CRXguy
10-08-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

:rofl: well, I'm going there to check it out. You busy today or what?:werd:

I'm off work already. When do you plan on going?

silenttype: The second wave are just rumours right now. That would suck if there's a second wave, so much for that limited production status!:rolleyes:

Diesel
10-08-2002, 06:05 PM
if it was a deep blue, with a hardtop, it was most likely my buddy's car. I think he was driving it for one of the last times before he stores it for winter. that car is mint!!! has never seen snow or rain...it is a Limited Numbered Edition Miata-tenth anniversary...

Stratus_Power
10-08-2002, 06:06 PM
wow how much??

turboMiata
10-08-2002, 06:14 PM
I think the MP3 is a great bargain. I'm just not sure about the color though... I prefer the last MP3 with the blue. Would like to see the car in person.

http://www.protegetech.com/mazdaspeedprotege.htm

buh_buh
10-08-2002, 06:14 PM
I don't think turbomiata doesn't have chrome rims or a body kit.
But his car looks damn :bigpimp:

kenny
10-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Speaking of miatas... I saw a really nice red one with a hardtop parked in front of Dessert House on Sunday night. It looks soooo nice with the hardtop, makes the car look completely different, kind of rx7-like as buhbuh pointed out.

silenttype23
10-08-2002, 06:18 PM

silenttype: The second wave are just rumours right now. That would suck if there's a second wave, so much for that limited production status!:rolleyes:

Sorry to break the news but i'm really good friends with the owner of Sunridge and the owner of Kramer & Northhill Mazda.

They are the ones that told me the news of the second wave. So the rumors are reality. They are the ones that told me to put my deposit towards the 2nd wave MSP's.

Check out the pic they gave me last week when they were at the Vancouver docks one of them must be yours!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Plus the new 2004 Protege's and Protege 5's will come in Lazer Blue, which kinda sucks, especially for the people that have the 2000 MP3's. Totally takes away from the true "LIMITED" feel of the MP3:thumbsdow

CRXguy
10-08-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
I think the MP3 is a great bargain. I'm just not sure about the color though... I prefer the last MP3 with the blue. Would like to see the car in person.

http://www.protegetech.com/mazdaspeedprotege.htm

True, I regret not buying the last MP3 in Calgary.:(

But I like the orange now. I hated it at first, but it grows on you.

CRXguy
10-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by silenttype23

Sorry to break the news but i'm really good friends with the owner of Sunridge and the owner of Kramer & Northhill Mazda.

They are the ones that told me the news of the second wave. So the rumors are reality. They are the ones that told me to put my deposit towards the 2nd wave MSP's.

Check out the pic they gave me last week when they were at the Vancouver docks one of them must be yours!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Very interesting, but I'm all for the orange now.:D

I've seen the pics of the Mazdaspeed's at the Vancouver docks. Can't wait, it's been an agonizing month and a half.:clap:

importbabe
10-08-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Speaking of miatas... makes the car look completely different, kind of rx7-like as buhbuh pointed out.

Hi kenny, wasn't it me who said that it looked like a minature RX-7 hehe:nut:
Since they are anniversary editions, how limited are they? Thats the first time i've seen one in Calagry!!! I noticed that the plate on the car was like 6???LTD or something like that......does that have to do anything with the actual number of them made?

I love that car!! I wonder if that guy driving the car is single, he wasn't one of those cocky drivers, that drive with one arm on the wheel, or look as if they're all that. I'd like to see that more often with guys driving there cars :clap:

DSM Power
10-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Even though I think the power potential is a little low, I'm still looking forward to seeing one of the turbo'd beauties up close! :D Do you guys think there will be any available for a test drive?

And BTW, I assume the 2nd wave will contain black ones right?! :thumbsup: Where's this shot of them on the docks at?

silenttype23
10-08-2002, 09:54 PM
click onto http://www.mazdamp3.com/vbb225/forumdisplay.php?forumid=48

this is the protege/P5/MSP forum. insider says it will come in grey and yellow and possibly black.

turboMiata
10-08-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by importbabe

Since they are anniversary editions, how limited are they?

You really want to know? Here are the US stats. I don't have any stats for Canada.

http://www.miata.net/faq/production.html#How%20many%20Special/Limited%20Edition%20Miatas%20were%20produced?

Other than the R Edition miatas, there isn't really a red LE. Mine is the 92 Black C package.

kenny
10-08-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by importbabe

Hi kenny, wasn't it me who said that it looked like a minature RX-7 hehe:nut:

Oh didn't notice you said that too, but buhbuh said that when we both saw the car park :) turbomiata you should get a hardtop for winter! :)

CRXguy
10-08-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by szw
So come on, how much are the mazdaspeed protege's going for in calgary?

I've heard high 26k-mid 27k. There's no set price yet, and it's due out next week.:banghead:

MrX
10-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Oh didn't notice you said that too, but buhbuh said that when we both saw the car park :) turbomiata you should get a hardtop for winter! :)

i thought he has the hardtop.

turboMiata
10-09-2002, 01:24 PM
I have a hardtop. but i never use it cause the car is going in for storage pretty soon.

Hey, MrX, seeing how you aren't going to be driving the Merkur anytime soon, can i move it into the alley so my Miata can take your spot for the cold season? I'll let Rage and Haysen start it once in a while.

rage2
10-09-2002, 02:10 PM
Hey, MrX, seeing how you aren't going to be driving the Merkur anytime soon, can i move it into the alley so my Miata can take your spot for the cold season? I'll let Rage and Haysen start it once in a while.

LOL! You shouldn't have sold the mansion, those 12 garages were very handy.

MrX
10-09-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by rage2

LOL! You shouldn't have sold the mansion, those 12 garages were very handy.

haha...no doubt.

You could park in that spot if you want, but i can gaurentee that you'll see postings of a blue miata flying around chicago really soon on car forums near you.:D

buh_buh
10-09-2002, 04:58 PM
you can park it at my place turbomiata.:confused:
I'll take care of it for ya...

turboMiata
10-09-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
you can park it at my place turbomiata.:confused:
I'll take care of it for ya...

Do I need to set rev limiter to 3000RPM first?

buh_buh
10-09-2002, 10:51 PM

Do I need to set rev limiter to 3000RPM first?
you can do that??? Then you can keep it at Mr. X's.:D

rage2
10-10-2002, 12:01 AM
We'll just have to hold the brakes at idle and WOT to get the turbo to spool up at 1000rpm, then let go of the brakes and hang on! Till 3000rpms anyways... haha.

buh_buh
10-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by rage2
We'll just have to hold the brakes at idle and WOT to get the turbo to spool up at 1000rpm, then let go of the brakes and hang on! Till 3000rpms anyways... haha.
actually, after thinking about it for awhile, 3000 rpm is plenty for me to play with.:D

turboMiata
10-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

actually, after thinking about it for awhile, 3000 rpm is plenty for me to play with.:D

I think you can hit 60MPH in fifth gear before the rev limiter kicks in. Your 0-60 time might take 5 minutes!! Maybe rage can give you a 3rd gear push start in the Benz...