PDA

View Full Version : arrgh electrical problems again!

three.eighteen.
10-08-2002, 07:42 PM
okay, after i got new cables at the bmw dealership, they told me the reason my car would never have electricity is cus my battery wouldnt hold a charge anymore, so i got a new battery under canadian tire warranty...and this one has started to lose the ability to hold charge, my car dies after sitting 2 days, and the alternator has proven that it charges properly...can my car kill batteries? what could be draining power while its sitting?

buh_buh
10-08-2002, 08:43 PM
do you have a stereo?

LaughingTiger
10-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Did you check the entire system, sounds like an altenator problem, but you said it charges.....maybe it's the relay's or the regulator???:dunno:

Davetronz
10-08-2002, 10:22 PM
Some things to check.
1) Do you have a deck, it may be wired improperly to the constant and ignition wires.
2) The amplifier if you have one may remain on once the car is off and drain power
3) An LED or moving light thingy may EVENTUALLY kill the battery.
4) Your fan could be turning on for some reason.
5) Your lights might turn themselves on for some reason. A incorrectly seated door pin might not turn off the interior light
A glove box light or engine compartment light may also be doing this as well.

My head hurts now. I stop talking and go drive my DSM around in circles to see if she dies... :( Its been a hard day!

three.eighteen.
10-08-2002, 11:21 PM
stereo eh...umm is there a certain way im looking for it to be wired wrong???
maybe i left the electric turbo on again...:D

Davetronz
10-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Well simply put. If its on while your car isnt, or has the capabilities to turn on when your car isnt... Chances are it MIGHT be wired wrong...

got M
10-08-2002, 11:31 PM
I had a simalar problem in the M. The stock battery was shit. got a new one, and its all good. when you turn the ignition off and sit in your car do you hear what sounds like vents closing? and then a hardley audible but constant fan like sound by the radio?

three.eighteen.
10-08-2002, 11:33 PM
got 2 new ones...still not good :dunno:

three.eighteen.
10-09-2002, 12:48 AM
yeah that shit has happened

three.eighteen.
10-10-2002, 05:52 PM
M? any more on that noise?