PDA

View Full Version : Xbox video output just suddently got messed up?!?

Super_Geo
04-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Ok, so here's my problem:

Tonight I was using the xbox, and it was working fine. Then I turned it off, went upstairs for about 10 minutes, came back downstairs, turned it on, and the video was all messed up. It was flickering vertically and only in greyscale (no colors).

Everything about the xbox is still working fine... the sound works, it goes into a dashboard, games will still load, etc, but the picture is always has the vertical flickering and greyscale problem.

I tried using a different video cable, but the same problem was there. I turned off the modchip (Xecutor 2), and the problem persists even when the xbox boots without the mod chip.

Did the video card break down? What do you guys think the problem is? With all the money I invested into this thing, it would be a shame for it to turn into a paperweight. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Meat2783
04-15-2004, 07:23 AM
What a/v cables are you using?

Try searching at forums.xbox-scene.com, lots of good info there

Analog-X
05-31-2004, 07:02 PM
the same exact thing happend to a friends xbox. I had it at my house fully working. I powerd it off, he took it home and at first got black and white image, than the flickering started.

Have you found a solution?

Gonthro
05-31-2004, 07:10 PM
i know it did that with my ps2 when i tried to play a PAL game in it (jap screen resolution... so possibly the game?

Analog-X
06-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Nope, this is not game related. I went out and bought an XBOX to RF Connector and I got the same results. I got another set of RCA Cables same thing.

This happens right from Bootup, on the XBOX Logo Screen and all the way to the menu.

Analog-X
06-01-2004, 04:59 PM
I asked my friend some more questions and the only thing that could possibly have gone wrong is , he told me initialy he hooked up the XBOX to the VIDEO OUT of he's TV, which I dont see how it could damage an XBOX doing that.