PDA

View Full Version : Patience is a virtue and good things do come to those who wait!!!

LUDELVR
04-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Well, after waiting quite some time, I finally went in to the Rocky mountain place to ask for another adjournment on my trial. The lady then told me that she had good news and informed me that the officer that pulled me (and legendboy) over is now part of the RCMP and that all his outstanding tickets would be dismissed. So good news for me. I've waited for almost a year to go to court for this!!

So yah, my tickets were stunting and failure to produce insurance which totalled over 600 bux.
I've also had an experience where I had adjournment after adjournment for over a year and a half and when I finally went to court (mind you I had everything prepared to win) the cop got there and he couldn't remember, so the crown called no witness!
That ticket was for speeding and was about 200 bux I think.

I did have one where I went to court for a wreckless driving ticket and the cop did show up but because of reasonable doubt, I was able to get off and avoid paying the 200 dollars or whatever it was. I also got the chance to put the cop on the stand and make him look like a dumbass! haha, anyway, I did lose a court case but I did not know what the hell I was doing and that was like 7or 8 years ago. I've learned a lot since then, as well, I've avoided about 1000 dollars going to the province as well as keeping my demerits in check! :thumbsup:

Man, knock on wood, I hope that I can keep this up! haha, mind you I was innocent in all cases (and the verdicts only verify this ;)) as well, everytime I've been required to go to court, I've prepared my material and I did my research so it's all good. Plus I didn't have to pay points, and it's like working on your own car and doing your own mods, I got the satisfaction of a job well done!! hahahah :rofl: LUDELVR 3 - Province of Alberta 1. :thumbsup:

roopi
04-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Looks like you're hired if I need to fight one in the future.

EK 2.0
04-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Congrats Leo...you need to get into Law man like Roopi states as well...

RiceCake
04-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Congrats Leo :thumbsup: Damn, you lucky bastard :guns:

Hollywood
04-15-2004, 10:51 AM
I just had a victory as well. 24 over, no demerits, just the fine.

legendboy
04-15-2004, 11:26 AM
bastard! i paid the lawyer $300 to take care of that one for me :banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
04-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Nice dude, always feels good to beat the system. Haha 2 years ago a Beyond thread with this title would have had something to do with you and Ed the Sohc's mom...I'm not sure if we've progressed or not:dunno: :rofl:

Ducati
04-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Good for you guys.
I take the approach that I will defend myself against every ticket, whether I am guilty as sin or not. Things like this happen frequently. Sometimes it just isn't worth it to pursue some guy who did nothing more harmful than make a lot of noise and smoke.

By the way, Ludelvr, what did you and Ledgendboy to cause this to happen in the first place?

lam-boy
04-16-2004, 11:52 AM
patience is right..
last time i went to pay a speeding ticket, i waited and waited, they kept calling the wrong guy but they meant to get me, so then they just cut the ticket down even more haha it was sweet.