PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with 300 level GPA boosters

Canadian 2.5RS
04-15-2004, 08:45 PM
MY lazy ass didnt register for any summer classes yet and all the one i need are full. Soooo I figured that i might as well check off a few options that i will need. I can only take 2 half credit 200 level courses before they stop counting them so i need some easy 300 level classes.IVe already done a search but all the threads are filled with 200 level courses.

How about some help. They dont have to be retardedly easy, just not brutally hard or boring.

:thumbsup:

lint
04-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Chem 350. Worked for me.

Gondi Stylez
04-16-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by lint
Chem 350. Worked for me.

:rofl: if that works for me i think ill have a heart attack.. im soo scared to take that class.... organic chem........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:guns:

thich
04-16-2004, 01:25 PM
if you're Asian u could always check out:

EAST 317 - heard this was a breeze
EAST 319 - 1 midterm, 1 final, 1 project (discussion based course.. breeze)

HTST 315 - wasn't too bad; need to know your notes and textbook

these courses help if you're Asian or have some knowledge of East Asia... that way you don't have to memorize as much since you should know a bunch of stuff already

lint
04-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

:rofl: if that works for me i think ill have a heart attack.. im soo scared to take that class.... organic chem........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:guns:

I was a chem major though, so it was a breeze :D

I took EAST 317 to I think. With Sciban. Not the best prof, and not easy to get a good mark. They also had this Intro to the Calgary Chinese community block course. Pretty easy, one week and you get credit for a semester. Same prof, not easy to get a good mark, but saves a hell of a lot of time.

I've you've taken any philosophy courses and have intoductory logic, I would suggest Biomedical Ethics (not sure of the number) But it was two midterm papers, max 5 pages and a take hom paper for the final. Easiest course at the univ. All you do is discuss cases. Great course.

Canadian 2.5RS
04-16-2004, 03:14 PM
well im not asian or a chem guy so what else do you got?

lint
04-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
well im not asian or a chem guy so what else do you got?

Well, seeing as how for most 300 level, you will need at leasta 200 level to get into, it would help if you mentioned what courses you can take.

Canadian 2.5RS
04-16-2004, 04:34 PM
well i have intro psyc, soci, anth, ling,gnst,engl,biol,cnst,arhi, as well as a bunch of coms.

that should give you an idea of the sort of things that i can get into.

lint
04-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
well i have intro psyc, soci, anth, ling,gnst,engl,biol,cnst,arhi, as well as a bunch of coms.

that should give you an idea of the sort of things that i can get into.

That's a pretty varied list, should have plenty of options. Pick something that you'll enjoy, at least that way you won't be bored.
Anth was pretty interesting when I was there, no senior level courses though. Engl isn't the thing to take if you want to boost your gpa. Wasn't a fan of Bio myself. Sorry, not much help. I still say Chem 350 :D

Impreza
04-16-2004, 05:30 PM
gnst341...boring as HELL but easy, really common sense sorta things

kiwi
04-17-2004, 11:58 AM
ha ha, omg, chem 350 is definately not a gpa booster! Expecially if he says that he's not a chem guy!!! lol :rofl:

I'm a chem major too, & org. chem was NOT easy, & it sucked!!!

Gondi Stylez
04-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by kiwi
ha ha, omg, chem 350 is definately not a gpa booster! Expecially if he says that he's not a chem guy!!! lol :rofl:

I'm a chem major too, & org. chem was NOT easy, & it sucked!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :guns: to all u chem majors! u say it was hard but how do u think it feels to be a bio major and not know any of the shit!! o well only 350 and 353 or 351 i dunno the 2nd one for me! thank god for a major in CMMB!!!!!!

xrayvsn
04-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Do they still have ANTH 311? Whatever number it was, it is the primate behaviour course. When I took it, just had 2 midterms and a final, all of which were MCQ, pretty straightforward. had to read these 2 books about monkeys - one of which the prof wrote - "Monkeys of the Mesquite". Don't know if they offer this in Spring/Summer, though, and I took that course in 1995/96 so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

CMMB? Does Ceri still teach immunology? Never took that course (BCEM Major), but everyone I know who took it got slaughtered. Umm, so yeah, avoid immunology. :D

Gondi Stylez
04-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn
...CMMB? Does Ceri still teach immunology? Never took that course (BCEM Major), but everyone I know who took it got slaughtered. Umm, so yeah, avoid immunology. :D

umm im not sure.. havent taken that class yest! i just applied to the CMMB program and will see if i get that cuz cureently im in the bio sci faculty! and i hope i dont get that prof then cuyz ill be fucked! i need that course!!

:guns: bad profs!

Doomsday88
04-19-2004, 12:39 AM
GNST 341
COMS 367 <--Take it with Rob Milthorp
FNCE 343 <--Take with Larry Wood
MGST 391 <-- (If you're in Haskayne)
GLGY 307 <----If you have a good memory, pure memorize, dump and Flush
PSYC 385? <---I think...abnormal psyc

Thats a list off the top of my head...

I heard any Kineseology course during spring/summer is really easy 300/400 lvl courses.

Hope this helps.

kiwi
04-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Oh, take COMS 363 w/ Brian Hatton! Guaranteed an A!!!!! :thumbsup:

Kor
04-22-2004, 02:32 PM
ENGL 393 395
PSYC 369 365

kiwi
04-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Isn't there a really easy 300 level psyc course called Evolution or something? I heard it's basically just sex ed! :rofl:

Kor
04-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah, but they don't offer it anymore, it used to be Evolutionary Psychology. Not quite sex-ed but it was the easiest of all 300 level psychology classes.