PDA

View Full Version : Steak Marinade

ramminghard
04-15-2004, 09:12 PM
I got a couple steaks tonite and was wondering what a good marinade. They are beef lion top sirloin. If you have anything good post it up.

EK 2.0
04-15-2004, 09:22 PM
to keep it simple...Beer man...works amazing...

and if you wanna go a lil more fancy...Worschchchsure sauce, with a lil rooster brand hot sauce in the mix...set it overnight and you are good to go...

I also love to marinate in strait up Teriyaki Sauce man...

ramminghard
04-15-2004, 09:44 PM
the only beer i have is black label so i don't want to wreck the meat with that.

roopi
04-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
the only beer i have is black label so i don't want to wreck the meat with that.

:rofl:

Any kind of beer, italian dressing, seasoning salt, teriyaki, pretty much anything. Be creative and see what you can come up with.

D'z Nutz
04-15-2004, 10:43 PM
A friend of mine gave coke a try. Not sure how it turned out though.

Kona9
04-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Not marinade, but salt and pepper both sides!!! mmmmmmmm

djfob
04-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Cattle boys bbq sauce. I use this to marinade everything before it hits the bbq.:thumbsup:

Ajay
04-15-2004, 11:19 PM
BBQ sauce, worchestire sauce, and teriyaki are all great but you also gotta throw a little Montreal steak spice on those bad boys.

That combined with one of the said sauces, leave it for at least an hour or so and DAMN you'll have a mouth watering steak! :drool:

ramminghard
04-15-2004, 11:24 PM
well i used the black label anyways along with some worchestershire(sp?) and pepper. It will spend the night in the fridge. Will post results tomorrow!

Dirty_SOHC
04-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
A friend of mine gave coke a try. Not sure how it turned out though.

thats one of my marinades "coke and bbq sauce"

CKY
04-16-2004, 02:12 AM
so does any kind of beer goes well with steak?? or is there a certain brand that goes especially well??

ramminghard
04-16-2004, 02:29 AM
i am using black label which is about $6 for a six pack. Not the greatest beer out there.

core_upt
04-16-2004, 02:34 AM
well, i may be a vegetarian, but if you buy good steak, you shouldn't need any marinade or sauce - the taste of the dead cow should be enough

If you do want to marinade, you need a lighter sauce and something with oil in it to absorb into the meat. BBQ sauces and things like Coke, will add a lot of sugar to the meat which will cause the meat to burn easier due to the sugar caramilizing with the diraect heat of a barbeque. If you make a "marinade" like this, save it to brush on after your steak is done how you want it. Sugar is not a good thing to add to steak since you generally cook it at medium to medium high temperatires for shorter periods of time. It is a good thing to add to slower cooking meats like ribs and roasts where temperature isn't as much of a factor.

Gondi Stylez
04-16-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by core_upt
well, i may be a vegetarian, but if you buy good steak, you shouldn't need any marinade or sauce - the taste of the dead cow should be enough

If you do want to marinade, you need a lighter sauce and something with oil in it to absorb into the meat. BBQ sauces and things like Coke, will add a lot of sugar to the meat which will cause the meat to burn easier due to the sugar caramilizing with the diraect heat of a barbeque. If you make a "marinade" like this, save it to brush on after your steak is done how you want it. Sugar is not a good thing to add to steak since you generally cook it at medium to medium high temperatires for shorter periods of time. It is a good thing to add to slower cooking meats like ribs and roasts where temperature isn't as much of a factor.

:werd: but i ant no veg!! :D

sputnik
04-16-2004, 06:54 AM
good steaks dont need to be marinated :D

tenderloin or nothing... just dusted with Hy's seasoning salt

ZorroAMG
04-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Montreal steak spice, a little olive oil and dijon mustard....

Ben
04-16-2004, 09:48 AM
I never marinate steaks, just Montreal Spice, brush on garlic butter, and some bbq sauce depending on the cut and grill away.

EK 2.0
04-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

OOOOOOO Look at the high roller...Dijon Mustard...not Grey Pupon Zorro??:D j/k Bro...

lam-boy
04-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Originally posted by Ben
I never marinate steaks, just Montreal Spice, brush on garlic butter, and some bbq sauce depending on the cut and grill away.

montreal steak spice is da bomb!

i use montreal steak spice, a little bit of seasme oil, salt / pepper and grill, during the grilling proccess i put this western bbq sauce on it. :thumbsup:

sputnik
04-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
They are beef lion top sirloin.

Those will NEED some serious marinating.

- Soy Sauce
- Red Wine
- Pinapple Juice
- Ketchup
- Beer
- Coke
- Chopped Garlic (LOTS)
- Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Chopped Onion (or Onion Flakes)

Any combination of the above will work.

Strider
04-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Minced garlic in olive oil is always good....

on a side note:
doesn't marinating in anything with salt cause the meat to dry out? (due to osmosis or diffusion?? whatever it's called)

hjr
04-16-2004, 03:05 PM
ok ok, this is an old family recipe, so try this...

garlic, olives, beer, urine, green peppers, and red peppers.

EK 2.0
04-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by hjr

Man getting owned everywhere...

jdmakkord
04-16-2004, 03:21 PM
No marinade, grill it up, after the first turn, brush with garlic butter, and sprinkle with steak spice, again right when you take it off the grill. Works great:thumbsup:

sputnik
04-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Man getting owned everywhere...

someone should really disable the account for the time being

CKY
04-17-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by hjr

is he gettin owned everwhere?? anyone want to tell me where so i can get a good laugh? links would be nice :rofl:

ramminghard
04-17-2004, 09:45 AM
the beer worked fairly good. Had a nice flavour. Gonna have to try another one next time.

hjr
04-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by hjr

garlic, olives, beer, urine, green peppers, and red peppers. it tastes kinda sweet yet sour...plus a little salty. u know, like cawk

cipher
04-17-2004, 04:41 PM
italian salad dressing!

T5_X
04-19-2004, 11:39 AM
My fave is cattleboy's, porter (dark, heavy beer), montreal steak spice and garlic powder.