PDA

View Full Version : cell phone - telus

Boost Infested
10-08-2002, 11:39 PM
i lost my cell phone yesterday and i just called in today to have it temp' suspended...

what are my options with telus?

buy another phone and transfer the plan over?

buy out the plan? how much? i have a contract for 3years, 2 left.

telus people can you help?

Davetronz
10-08-2002, 11:43 PM
Geez, I think you better give me your BOV then, must have shot your cell phone right out of the car ;)

I will let the Telus people answer the question though.

CRXguy
10-08-2002, 11:46 PM
I remember when I was with Rogers that you could buy out the plan for $200 even. Not sure if it's the same price with Telus. Basically you just pay whatever is less.

HRD2PLZ
10-09-2002, 08:11 AM
When I bought out one of my plans with Telus, it was $20 a month. I paid $300 to buy out my term. Its probably best to just buy another phone (you can get some for less than $200). If you buy a used phone make sure you call Telus with the ESN number first so they can make sure its not stolen.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

jdmakkord
10-09-2002, 09:05 AM
I'd help you but I'm in ADSL not mobility:dunno:

Ben
10-09-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
I'd help you but I'm in ADSL not mobility:dunno:

:werd:

Mobility is a messed up Dept.

jdmakkord
10-09-2002, 09:38 AM
Call mobility at 1-800-661-3681 if you havent called customer service yet.....

Ben
10-09-2002, 09:40 AM
or 3875825, thats a better line to get through on.

del-lude
10-09-2002, 10:55 AM
just buy a new phone and transfer the number over to the new phone. To break the contract with Telus is $20 for every month left on your contract.

RCBVtec
10-09-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
i lost my cell phone yesterday and i just called in today to have it temp' suspended...

what are my options with telus?

buy another phone and transfer the plan over?

buy out the plan? how much? i have a contract for 3years, 2 left.

telus people can you help?

I work for Telus Mobility... you can buy your plan out and cancel it, it's $20 for every month you have left. Or buy a new phone, like HRD2PLZ said call us first and check the ESN, if it's second hand. That's about it man... good luck

BTW... Benny why do you say that? :confused:

HRD2PLZ
10-09-2002, 12:36 PM
RCBVtec to the Telus Mobility rescue! :rofl: :rofl:

Knew it wouldn't take you long to respond to this ;)

RCBVtec
10-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
RCBVtec to the Telus Mobility rescue! :rofl: :rofl:

Knew it wouldn't take you long to respond to this ;)

I'm all over it :rofl:

Stratus_Power
10-09-2002, 03:44 PM
haha since u r here.. dont mind if i ask a telus question.. wellim w/ telus.. just wondering how the web browsing work?

if i connet to the "web".. does it cost any airtime of mine? or it is charged per page..

let say i go to the movie one..which is charged by page.. ( 25 cents?) well it only display like 3 movies w/ their time per page.. so let say i went rhough 4 pages to finally find the movie that i want to watch.. does that mean i costed me a buck?. and if i go back to the beginning to see wat else.. then back .. does that mean i just lost 3 bucks?

RCBVtec
10-09-2002, 04:33 PM
well it depends what 'surf' package you have...if you have surf sampler it's $0.02/per page and up, if you are on mini surf (free) you get over 10 sites you can check out for free every month. If you check out other sites it's $0.02/per page and up... plans over these ones have a monthly fee attacted and you get more sites that are included etc etc.

I really don't deal with web stuff but that is the basics... hope that helps man.

TomTom
10-09-2002, 07:38 PM
ok here is pretty much how it is.
you sign onto a contract.......you get a free phone, you destroy your phone or loose/stolen you will prob have to buy outright the contract OR a new phone (which could end up being more than the contract buyout) what model phone did you have? i know my phone for ex is 249$/3 year, if i loose it or break it im going to have to buy a used phone, buyout the contract or buyout any phone (the one i have being 874$ to buy outright) which is nuts.

i guess there are your choices unless telus says otherwise.
and if your wondering how i know this information is because i worked for visions and sold quite a few phones. Just read RCBVtecs post, am i right on what i have said?

Stratus_Power
10-10-2002, 09:59 PM
RCB? do u know anything about how phones work for telus? like not cellphone

i just got my first phone bill.. living in Rez

and i have a 23.86 Residence line touchtone charge. whcih is fine.. but i also have a "change in residence line touchtone...

Ben
10-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
RCB? do u know anything about how phones work for telus? like not cellphone

i just got my first phone bill.. living in Rez

and i have a 23.86 Residence line touchtone charge. whcih is fine.. but i also have a "change in residence line touchtone...

how much was that charge for, cause usually that represents an change of address...but it could also be a prorated charge for a partial month...

Stratus_Power
10-11-2002, 12:28 AM
haha yeh its all cool now.. i didnt completely read the phone bill correctly when i saw its triple digits amount ... :P all good all good.. gonna cancel it and just use my Cell for everything

eightfive
10-11-2002, 12:41 AM
i have a SCP5000- works perfectly except ringer..it's easy to fix though..i'll give it out for 150..

RCBVtec
10-11-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
i guess there are your choices unless telus says otherwise.
and if your wondering how i know this information is because i worked for visions and sold quite a few phones. Just read RCBVtecs post, am i right on what i have said?

TomTom you got it man... :thumbsup:

and stratus... I have no idea about landline man... sorry...