PDA

View Full Version : Just My Yearly Opinion!!!!!!

snipa_mini85
04-16-2004, 12:27 AM
First off, it's great to see how many modded vehicles are out on the streets but there is always that line between great modifying and just wrecking the look of the vehicle. For starters:

1. Lowering a truck properly involves changing the chasis, suspension, and drivetrain. Replacing the stock rims with rims that are 3 - 5 inchs smaller does not count as a lowering job.

2. If you do decide to lower your vehicle, you should really think about getting hydraulics in place (i know they aren't cheap but the will save time when entering a parking lot). I've seen too many people 'round calgary scratch the whole underside of their vehicl because they have only lowered the suspension and have not added a way of raising the suspension.

3. Altezzas are great, but only for some colours. If you own a dark coloured vehicle, get carbon fiber tail lights and not altezzas. Carbon fiber will always look better on darker vehicles because... well.... they generally match colour. A black car with white altezzas just looks horrible driving down the street.

In all, i figure if you want to make your vehicle look great, do some research before choosing what goes into your vehicle.

j_gor78
04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Actually lowering a truck only involves changing the suspension components...even to do airbags you can still keep the driveline and the chasis stock generally speaking if you want to be slammed that is a different story and yes the chasis and driveline would have to be modified!!

I agree about the tires and running a smaller size to lower your vehicle that is gay!!!

WGR4Pussies
04-16-2004, 12:56 AM
you don't need no fancy airbags/hydraulics to get into parking lots. You just need to know how to do it gangster style.:rofl:

GTS Jeff
04-16-2004, 01:07 AM
hydraulic suspension isnt good for track use.

snipa_mini85
04-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Who says anything 'bout going on a track? i just mean for going 'round town.

snipa_mini85
04-16-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
you don't need no fancy airbags/hydraulics to get into parking lots. You just need to know how to do it gangster style.:rofl:

About a year ago I was watching some guy in a modded/lowered 99 2dr Accord try and get out of a steep parking lot entrance at CO-OP. Took him nearly 20 mins because he had to go back and forth just to get out of the entrance. That's when people need to consider getting something like hydraulics.

GTS Jeff
04-16-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by snipa_mini85

Who says anything 'bout going on a track? i just mean for going 'round town. maybe the people dont have hydraulics cuz they 'mean' for goin to the track :dunno:

aka - your opinion 'means' nothing to those people just as theirs 'means' nothing to u. just a thought :dunno: :dunno:

ZorroAMG
04-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Fixed suspension is where it's at...

I would not want to take corners in MY car at speed with suspension that is easily adjustable (hydros, air ride), it translates to easily fuckable....

My car is one of the lower fixed suspension cars around and I don't have issues with parking lots etc, because I know how to drive...those that need hydros to get by should stick to minivans and other Soccermommobiles...

Kaos
04-16-2004, 09:08 AM
3. Altezzas are great, but only for some colours. If you own a dark coloured vehicle, get carbon fiber tail lights and not altezzas. Carbon fiber will always look better on darker vehicles because... well.... they generally match colour. A black car with white altezzas just looks horrible driving down the street.

In all, i figure if you want to make your vehicle look great, do some research before choosing what goes into your vehicle. [/B]

IMO- Altezza's are gay overall. I mean they were good when they first came out. Now it seems like its the trend for everything. It doesnt work for me anymore, it had its 15 minutes of fame.

ALTEZZA'S ARE GAY, Just like those windshield spray nozzles and neon underglow.

sputnik
04-16-2004, 11:05 AM

but airbags are ok... there are a number of early novas that run 11-12sec running on airbags.

Ben
04-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Drag use and Road COurse Use is two different things

GTS Jeff
04-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

but airbags are ok... there are a number of early novas that run 11-12sec running on airbags. yea actually i meant for turning

WGR4Pussies
04-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by snipa_mini85

About a year ago I was watching some guy in a modded/lowered 99 2dr Accord try and get out of a steep parking lot entrance at CO-OP. Took him nearly 20 mins because he had to go back and forth just to get out of the entrance. That's when people need to consider getting something like hydraulics.

He obviously wasn't gangsta!

Seriously tho, how old are you, 16?

Redlyne_mr2
04-16-2004, 04:40 PM
This guys yearly opinion is based on trends from 5 years ago

4wheeldrift
04-16-2004, 04:57 PM
yea actually i meant for turning Airbags: they aren't just for looking good any more. Check out the Praxis air suspension system for the WRX.

http://www.praxissystems.com/
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0311tur_wrxsuspension/

GTS Jeff
04-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Airbags: they aren't just for looking good any more. Check out the Praxis air suspension system for the WRX.

http://www.praxissystems.com/
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0311tur_wrxsuspension/ whoa thats cool. where have u been lately?

4wheeldrift
04-16-2004, 05:19 PM
whoa thats cool. where have u been lately? Working eleventy billion hours a week. it sucks, but the OT is getting me a new car so it ain't all bad i guess.

GT2NV
04-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

IMO- Altezza's are gay overall. I mean they were good when they first came out. Now it seems like its the trend for everything. It doesnt work for me anymore, it had its 15 minutes of fame.

ALTEZZA'S ARE GAY,
it all depends on the situation there used in, but yes most of the time they look gay lol