PDA

View Full Version : Out of province speeding ticket

flyboy9000
04-16-2004, 10:49 AM
I got clocked doing 112 in a 80 zone in SK last month. I'm just wondering if this will show up on my Alberta license.

Thanks

C4S
04-16-2004, 11:25 AM
I don't think so ..

I got speeding tickects from B.C. , SK, and Ontario .. and I don't recall they showed up in my driving record .. ;) ( or I got too many local speeding tickets already ! :dunno: )

rage2
04-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Driving records and demerits don't cross provincial borders because of different laws in each province, as well as some provinces that don't even have a demerit system.

Just pay the ticket, and support your neighboring provinces! hehe.

Hakkola
04-16-2004, 12:23 PM
wait, WHAT! Who doesn't have a demerit system? I never plan on living in Sask or Manitoba, so what happens if I get a bunch of tickets there and don't pay them?

B17a
04-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
wait, WHAT! Who doesn't have a demerit system? I never plan on living in Sask or Manitoba, so what happens if I get a bunch of tickets there and don't pay them?

If you're caught there again they could arrest you.

hjr
04-16-2004, 01:12 PM
if you get a ticket an never pay it and then get pulled over again they will haul your ass in. that would suck. there was a guy up in e-town who rescued his kids from a burning building an when they cops came the arrested him for an outstanding $57 ticket. haha, owned. So pay the tickets if you ever plan on going back to that province.

gkAeris
04-16-2004, 01:30 PM
yup i haven't played my ticket but that was from 3 years ago driving from AB to BC

ticket was $130, only got one notice, but my dad threw it away and told me i don't need to worry?

guess i just won't drive next time

max_boost
04-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Yah I got a speeding ticket in BC for $173 two years ago and they send me letters every 6 months :D but I ignore it

Melinda
04-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Haha my dad went like 4 years without paying a BC speeding ticket but we were going back there for a vacation so he had to pay it incase he got pulled over

serusnak
04-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Yup, but in my friend's case, he camped out somewhere in k country and got fined some ticket for camping in non designated area or some bs like that. He didn't pay up for it until several months later, he gets pulled over for speeding. The cop was going to let him go but found out that theres a warrant for his arrest for the camping ticket so he arrested him and took him to the station.

If he couldn't pay the ticket, he would have ended up in jail. 28 dollars :rofl:

sorry if this is kinda irrevelant to the topic...

ehos
04-17-2004, 02:46 PM
I got a speeding ticket in Wisconsin (sp) and it's on my demerit record/drivers abstract.

So is the one from Manitoba.

Ducati
04-18-2004, 12:24 AM
I can tell you for sure that tickets issued in other provinces ended up showing on my licence as demerits when I lived in Manitoba. I don't know about here, as I haven't yet received a ticket elsewhere.

When I get a ticket in BC I just dont pay it. I dispute it, even if I am completely at fault. I have gone as far as to sabotage my own speedo cable and have it tested to beat a ticket. It has worked twice here and once in Winnipeg.
Even if I am found guilty I will not pay the ticket until my license comes up for renewall, which is once every 3 years here in BC, or a car needs to be reinsured (although a few times outstanding tickets have slipped through because people at the insurance outlets fucked up). There has never been a warrant issued for my arrest, and no penalties or late charges accrue.

lstroh
12-14-2005, 01:43 PM
I live in B.C, I got a speeding ticket in Sask in the summer, I didn't pay right away. Now I got a letter saying they are sending it to a dept collection agency and my credit MAY be affected. Does anyone know if that is ture?? Is it going to a collection agancy in Sask. or BC??

Raz2
12-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Actually...

I got two tickets in Ontario, and just ignored both. They both went to collection and they BOTH went on my license for points...

2x4 points 139 in a 100 (both clocked me at 170+ but were nice, within 20 hours) :)

So yea, somehow deal with it.

- Rasmus