PDA

View Full Version : Brand New B18c5 Block!

ls/vtec-crx
04-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Sweet! I'm pretty happy cause i just got my car back from Silverhill Acura and they just finished installing a brand new crate honda block into my car.

I'm am pretty suprised that they did this under warranty and they knew that the car has had nitrous and a turbo kit on it. When they did the oil consumption test is was burning 2 litres of oil every 1000km.:eek:

But now i have a new block and new honda clutch so i will be at the track again this year and trying some road coursing. The only thing that sucks is motor break in. Takes so damn long.

And also check out the new issue of PASMAG my car is in there with our other type r. The article is called Twin Killers. Check it out.:clap:

1-Bar
04-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Sweet...glad to hear your car is up and running once again.

Seanith
04-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Thats pretty sweet they would give you a brand new engine like that. Isn't it pretty obvious though that the turbo kit or nitrous is what fucked up the other one? Why would they honor a warrenty under those conditions? :dunno:

1-Bar
04-16-2004, 04:09 PM
b/c they didn't know....

Seanith
04-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
b/c they didn't know....

I'm am pretty suprised that they did this under warranty and they knew that the car has had nitrous and a turbo kit on it.

<Insert favorite insult here>

JAYMEZ
04-16-2004, 04:15 PM
bahah , gota love ppl who dont know anything , thats awesome u got your car fixed , a good motor break in is going to edmonton :D

1-Bar
04-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
<Insert favorite insult here>

?!? Try to claim a manufacture's engine warranty w/ modified parts still attached...lets see how far you get.

nismodrifter
04-16-2004, 05:51 PM
I am pretty sure that he didn't have any aftermarket parts attached to the engine when he took the car in......read his avatar "turbo_nothing". I'm pretty sure that I remember he posted an FS thread where he was partin out the turbo kit etc a long time ago (car was not runniing turbo since at least SCN last year...)

Seanith
04-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

?!? Try to claim a manufacture's engine warranty w/ modified parts still attached...lets see how far you get.

Hey i'm just going with what he typed. I know he didn't have the turbo installed and all that, but its not like they haven't seen the car. He said they knew about the other modifications it had.

ls/vtec-crx
04-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
Thats pretty sweet they would give you a brand new engine like that. Isn't it pretty obvious though that the turbo kit or nitrous is what fucked up the other one? Why would they honor a warrenty under those conditions? :dunno:

this is exactly what they said to me when they called me:

"we know that your car has been under heavy modification so we would say no to warranty. But then you will probably call honda canada and complain to them that you got the car stock and that you don't know what has happened to it. So then honda canada will call us (silverhill) and bitch at us and give us a bad reputation saying that we don't take care of our clientell. So we don't want to make a bad name for ourselves. So we ordered you a new block today."

after they told me that i was so suprised because if they turn me down i never would have thought of calling honda canada and complaining. I was just going to get it fixed myself cause i already had extra type r pistons and rings sitting at home. so yeah that's why they honored the warranty to me. Good stuff. :clap:

ryder_23
04-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
, a good motor break in is going to edmonton :D

or going to vancouver and back :D

shadowz
04-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Actually it needs to be city driving, (different speeds, stop and go)

CKY
04-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

o really?? i always thought it was high speed cruises :dunno:

ryder_23
04-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

yeah that is true, never had to break in a car yet, but from what my friends do, changing rpm's constantly is very important.

ramminghard
04-17-2004, 03:10 PM
i thought the best break-in was a constant rpm for a period of time. When they build a motor and dyno it before it goes in they will put it on the engine dyno and run it at a constant rpm for a while to break it in.

1-Bar
04-17-2004, 03:34 PM
I thought it was stop and go driving making sure not to exceed a certain RPM and not exceeding 80km/hr......

ryder_23
04-17-2004, 03:38 PM
well i think u can go over 80km/h, cause if u buy a car, and drive hwy's where speed is 100km/h or more, then ur gonna need to exceed that speed...

as long as you dont go over XXXXrpm then your good...

IE: my car was dont go over 4000 when it was new, 10 years ago, hahaha...

i know theres a thread on this already out there..just cant seem to find it

1-Bar
04-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
well i think u can go over 80km/h, cause if u buy a car, and drive hwy's where speed is 100km/h or more, then ur gonna need to exceed that speed...

as long as you dont go over XXXXrpm then your good...

IE: my car was dont go over 4000 when it was new, 10 years ago, hahaha...

i know theres a thread on this already out there..just cant seem to find it

Well according to my Genuine Honda Owners manual it said that....lol, and yes it was 4000 rpm and 80Km or below....