PDA

View Full Version : 97 prelude or eclipse gst???

2.2vtec
04-16-2004, 09:37 PM
I debating wheather or not to purchase an eclipse gst. I've been looking around for one for quite sometime but 90% of them have been written off before.Does anyone know the deal with that??? If I can't find a decent eclipse I'll be getting a 97 style prelude because of reliablity.

Which one would you guys get keeping in mind fuel economy, performance, price????

EK 2.0
04-16-2004, 09:43 PM
how about reliability??...

Honda...

resale value??...

Honda...

Performance??...

DSM...I mean a turbo car right out of the box can't really be beat for the first lil while you have no cash for upgrades, as power can be made for lil or no money...The Eclipse as nice as it is will require a lil more dilligent maintenance, but is a blast to drive man...I know in the end its your money, and your choice, but if you are very mechanically inclined I would go Honda...and I dont know much about Preludes i will be honest with you, but the DSM's hard to find one in decent condition as they to tend to get beat up on harder than most other cars in its class...

2.2vtec
04-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Why are all eclipses previously written off???

BigMass
04-16-2004, 10:11 PM
The car with the best performance will almost always be the car that takes more fuel so you cant have both.

Performance - DSM
Price - DSM
Gas - Lude

Ridelikeme
04-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
Why are all eclipses previously written off???

generally people that buy cars with turbos dont really notice them becuase.. well lets face it stock turbos are generally shit.. however when u have rx7 supras or even the eclipse the power can come on suddenly, people dont expect it when they are going through a turn like an asshole and their turbo spools up, thats allot of extra power that wants to propel u in a linear direction when u are not traveling in a straight line... only buy performance cars if u can handle it,, or ull end up with a nice poll through your door

1-Bar
04-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Keep in mind confort, reliablity (as mentioned earlier). Also depends on your goals, if you wanna further modifiy the vehicle. DSMs are fairly cheap parts and have a wide variety of manufacuters compared to the Prelude....

But yeah...I'd go for the lude...not to be biased or anything....