PDA

View Full Version : wtf is wrong with my skin?

GTS Jeff
04-17-2004, 02:00 AM
ok so theres this tiny patch of skin on my thigh that just buuurrns if i touch it at all.

its not dry or chaffed or anything! it just hurts! wtf!!

RiCE-DaDDy
04-17-2004, 02:02 AM
cut it off with a knife!!

GTS Jeff
04-17-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
cut it off with a knife!! your face hurts to look at, but u dont see me trying to cut it off with a knife :rolleyes:

haha jj

chinese-G35-guy
04-17-2004, 02:15 AM
put some hot sauce on it, it will clear it right up

GTS Jeff
04-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by chinese-G35-guy
put some hot sauce on it, it will clear it right up :rofl:

ZorroAMG
04-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Windex.....use windex

WGR4Pussies
04-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Flesh eating disease.

illeagle
04-17-2004, 12:59 PM
better see a doctor...since no one on here is...

^SkylinE^
04-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Post a pic:dunno:
can you be more discriptive? Color texture swelling?

mo_virgin
04-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
better see a doctor...since no one on here is...

Xrayvision is an MD

ninjak84
04-17-2004, 01:47 PM
haha this thread is hilarious

Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
Post a pic:dunno:

no dont! :barf:

rage2
04-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ok so theres this tiny patch of skin on my thigh that just buuurrns if i touch it at all.

its not dry or chaffed or anything! it just hurts! wtf!! http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/kneehigh.wmv

Should explain it quite clearly.

dogmaiwli
04-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Sounds like shingles. You need an expensive anti-viral medication to get rid of it, but you never really get rid of it, is is closely related to measels.

dogmaiwli
04-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2
http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/kneehigh.wmv

:D :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
NICE Fell off my Chair :)

D'z Nutz
04-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rage2
http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/kneehigh.wmv

:rofl: Fuck that's hilarious! I can't wait until season 2 comes out on DVD!!

A_3
04-17-2004, 02:43 PM
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA... i'm herpes see ya in hell mother fucker, lol ahahahahhaa good post

ryder_23
04-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Bahhahahahaha
"one bad decision, your dickwill be smoking..." :rofl:

reminds me of eddie murphy is Delirious i think it was...

" so let me get this right you have a burning sensation when you uratinate..."

"nah, fire be shooting out my dick, go to take a piss, burn my motha fu*king house down..." :rofl:

try like a topical cream or something jeff...or better yet, see a doc :thumbsup:

oh btw, happy bday :clap:

hjr
04-17-2004, 03:14 PM
hahaha, ok, you went on my account and owned me, funny. But GOD owned you!!! hahaha.

GTS Jeff
04-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by dogmaiwli
Sounds like shingles. You need an expensive anti-viral medication to get rid of it, but you never really get rid of it, is is closely related to measels. haha actually shingles is basically chicken pox making a comeback cuz once u get chicken pox it never really leaves..

and no i dont have that. nor any stds nor flesheating disease.

it was just caused by my wallet rubbing my leg whilst i was walking.

xrayvsn
04-17-2004, 08:16 PM
haha actually shingles is basically chicken pox making a comeback cuz once u get chicken pox it never really leaves..

it was just caused by my wallet rubbing my leg whilst i was walking.

Thats right about shingles. Usually will recur on one half of the body, and in a particular distribution related to the nerve supply to that part of your skin. The virus for chicken pox (Varicella) can lay dormant in your nerve cells, and get reactivated. This usually happens when you are much older, or if your immune system gets compromised, like if you need long term, or high dose steroid medication. It also hurts like hell, and sometimes the pain becomes chronic.

The wallet rubbing against your leg can happen often. Doesn't have to be when you have a thick wallet like GTS Jeff, and can be any sort of prolonged irritation to the skin. You end up having "hyperesthesia", which basically means your nerves are extra sensitive, and interpret even light touch as something painful or burning. Be assured that it will go away.

cipher
04-17-2004, 09:57 PM
i had one a few months ago. it was bright red. it happened from the cherry of a cigarette. it hurt like a bitch for like a week. than it pretty much dissapeared. it dident exactly dissapear tho, it just turned really really pale brown. it doesent bother me anymore tho

GTS Jeff
04-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

Thats right about shingles. Usually will recur on one half of the body, and in a particular distribution related to the nerve supply to that part of your skin. The virus for chicken pox (Varicella) can lay dormant in your nerve cells, and get reactivated. This usually happens when you are much older, or if your immune system gets compromised, like if you need long term, or high dose steroid medication. It also hurts like hell, and sometimes the pain becomes chronic.

The wallet rubbing against your leg can happen often. Doesn't have to be when you have a thick wallet like GTS Jeff, and can be any sort of prolonged irritation to the skin. You end up having "hyperesthesia", which basically means your nerves are extra sensitive, and interpret even light touch as something painful or burning. Be assured that it will go away. the spinal nerve that innervates its associated dermatome, right? :D

Ducati
04-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Is there anything underneath the patch of sore skin that is wiggling around, is there?

You haven't recently just returned fron Africa, have you?

When whatever it is that is causing your discomfort pokes its little head out, you will have to grab it with a pliers and gently wind it out using a small stick, in order to prevent it from breaking off.

xrayvsn
04-18-2004, 02:57 PM
the spinal nerve that innervates its associated dermatome, right? :D

Exactly. Varicella zoster lies dormant for some reason in the preganglionic neurons, and get reactivated. Occasionally the distribution is not dermatomal, and related to sensory nerve ganglia, but its the same idea.

Originally posted by Ducati
When whatever it is that is causing your discomfort pokes its little head out, you will have to grab it with a pliers and gently wind it out using a small stick, in order to prevent it from breaking off

I think you're describing a botfly larval infestation. I have actually seen one. It is really disgusting. Trying to pull them out does carry a risk of ripping it, and having part of the botfly larva stuck in your skin, which can cause a bad infection. We treated the guy with petroleum jelly and a nonbreathable dressing. Basically chokes off the air supply, and kills the larva.

xrayvsn
04-18-2004, 02:58 PM
What a botfly larva looks like.

three.eighteen.
04-18-2004, 06:58 PM
thats the real life breast bug ppl! :barf:

Ducati
04-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

Exactly. Varicella zoster lies dormant for some reason in the preganglionic neurons, and get reactivated. Occasionally the distribution is not dermatomal, and related to sensory nerve ganglia, but its the same idea.

Exactly! I agree that it could also be predendral expedelemus.
And yes, young three-eighteen sir, that IS the real life breast bug.
I have seen people get these types of larvae in their eyeballs. They will consume the macular fluid and eat your cornea.

Kamen
04-18-2004, 10:37 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

I heard that you can just pop the botfly larvae out like a big nasty pimple when it matures or something no?

xrayvsn
04-18-2004, 11:10 PM

Exactly! I agree that it could also be predendral expedelemus.
I have seen people get these types of larvae in their eyeballs. They will consume the macular fluid and eat your cornea.

I concur! :)

Ducati
04-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Kamen

:rofl: :rofl:

I heard that you can just pop the botfly larvae out like a big nasty pimple when it matures or something no?

If it were the Botfly larvae, then Yes, you could pop it like a zit once it was just about to pupate, however by then you would look like a cross between a leper and a pickle and a pizza, because the female botfly lays almost half a million eggs. You will be doing a lot of popping. And the white stuff that hits the mirror will be more disgusting than anything you have ever seen before. But most of it will clean itself up by crawling down the drain.
Don't do it at school. It would be seen as Bad Form by your fellow students. They might talk.

However, it could also be the Zambeezi Worm, which bores into the skin through the sole of the foot. This evil bugger can grow to be three or four feet long, living subcutaneously. When it appears through the skin, it must be wound out very slowly and carefully, on a stick, in a process that could take up to a week.

I'll take tapeworms any day!