PDA

View Full Version : Qwesterra and ConVict doin nasty nasty!

qwesterra
10-09-2002, 12:33 PM
Hello no its not what you thinkin! If anyone knows me, they know my predicament! I drive I guarantee the ugliest thing on the road! Just try me! Anyway, I was promised 16 g's from my parents:drool: !!! But probably not going to get it!:banghead: So he threw up an idea, I want everyones help. I got pretty much no money, and I dont want to spend much money at all. We are thinking of maybe makin a project out of it. Take an old beat up car, like a CRX, but pretty much anything. Find a newer car, that has been in a royal fucup, and swap the engines. But of course modding and techin it along the way. I was thinking about it last night, and maybe get a CRX, and trying to stuff the 3.2 type S engine into it. Its a V6 Vtec so I dont know if it will fit, but that is the general idea. Stuffing it into a Del Sol would be better. Also thinking about VW's...

An older car, light as hell. Newer engine, powerful as hell. Put 2 and 2 together, andsee what we get! One less ugly van on the road hopefully! But if you got any combos that are realistic, ideas, or leads, please fire them my way. I still got lots to learn and research, so lets all hit it together and after wards. All of beyond will wanna...

:hitit: Whacha say?

Audi Kid
10-09-2002, 12:42 PM
question 1.....are you on crack? question 2? are you serious..........my god man...............ur living in wonderland!

Davetronz
10-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
question 1.....are you on crack? question 2? are you serious..........my god man...............ur living in wonderland!
Come on Mike, let the dude dream :)

qwesterra
10-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Maybe I worded it too hard for you to understand! It's hypothetical, that is why I asked, to see if it can be done! No one here is in wonderland, just a guy asking wonderous questions!

Audi Kid
10-09-2002, 12:49 PM
this is funny..............:banghead:

del-lude
10-09-2002, 01:20 PM
Hope you have a lot of $$$ cause putting a 3.2 type S into a CRX or Del Sol and getting it to work is gonna be some serious coin......
:nut:

Redlyne_mr2
10-09-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by qwesterra
Maybe I worded it too hard for you to understand! It's hypothetical, that is why I asked, to see if it can be done! No one here is in wonderland, just a guy asking wonderous questions!
well anything can be done, they only problem is that it takes tons of cash as del-lude said and since you said you dont have any money then your fucked and this thread is useless

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-09-2002, 01:40 PM
no doubt...you are on crack...

maybe you havent seen a TL motor... :)

the junk yard price... if you could find one... would be more than the price of the car...no doubt...

Blue Devil
10-09-2002, 01:43 PM
:dunno: your very creative, but you should put your efforts on track to get ahold of that 16 g's...

Impreza
10-09-2002, 02:00 PM
i dont understand, you say u have no money but want to put in a TL type s engine in??? umm...what exactly is your budget cause a TL type s engine isnt cheap...
well, i guess it doesnt hurt to "dream"

2000impreza
10-09-2002, 02:06 PM
good luck getting the V6 in the engine bay without cutting out the firewall and fenders....

nookmumracing
10-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Lexus V8TT in a Echo
:burnout:

Audi Kid
10-09-2002, 02:19 PM
audi v6-bi turbo in a cooper mini!

three.eighteen.
10-09-2002, 02:41 PM
well they put the E36 M3 engine in a mini...converted the whole drivetrain and everything...but that was a race team...why would you wanna stuff a huge ass V6 in a CRX? unless youre only dragging, i dunno if youre gonna get far after the 1st intersection you come to

qwesterra
10-09-2002, 03:02 PM
K, everyone it was hypothetical, an example! I know I couldnt afford the engine, that would be close to 10g's. I want to know what would be a great path to go. Ignore the examples! What car would you take, with what engine, if you had this path? That is what im asking!

:banghead:

Audi Kid
10-09-2002, 03:06 PM
if you think you can mod a car and maintain a car without some $$ bling bling your a fool! any car with swaps or any of that shit are VERY problematic.............

turboMiata
10-09-2002, 03:22 PM
If I were you, with your kind of cash, I'd go fer the Mustang 5.0.

If that's not fast enough for you or you only want Imports, get a crotch rocket.

Listen to Audi Kid and del-lude.

Originally posted by qwesterra
K, everyone it was hypothetical, an example! I know I couldnt afford the engine, that would be close to 10g's. I want to know what would be a great path to go. Ignore the examples! What car would you take, with what engine, if you had this path? That is what im asking!

:banghead:

dj_honda
10-09-2002, 03:26 PM
ur better off looking at putting larger 4 cyls in cuz it wont work in a crx.......
my favorite swap would have to be a rb26dett in a 280z....i saw it at iRev and it was amazing
u can buy a kit for it on the internet

why not jus get a older 240 with lots of kms....and spend the money for a sr20?

Impreza
10-09-2002, 04:14 PM
or a crx with a b16a...i know this is common...but it is cheap,

cocoabrova
10-09-2002, 04:36 PM
I'll try and find some pics of this 85-ish Civic h/b with flared fenders/quarters that these guys shoe-horned a 1st gen. Legend into.... into the rear :burnout: It was in one of my old SCC's methinks.... A project like that would take alot of time and major structural/suspension mods, but the $$ should be in your range:thumbsup:

shadowz
10-09-2002, 05:34 PM
You would need a whole new front clip to hold the motor and tube chasis the front end

CRXguy
10-09-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
I'll try and find some pics of this 85-ish Civic h/b with flared fenders/quarters that these guys shoe-horned a 1st gen. Legend into.... into the rear :burnout: It was in one of my old SCC's methinks.... A project like that would take alot of time and major structural/suspension mods, but the $$ should be in your range:thumbsup:

I might have that issue!:thumbsup:

Anyone see the CRX w/NSX swap? CR-NSX!:eek: :poosie:

turboMiata
10-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

I might have that issue!:thumbsup:

Anyone see the CRX w/NSX swap? CR-NSX!:eek: :poosie:

You'll have to put the engine behind the seats!! I'd love to see that! The CRX would be the perfect car for it. Just leave the engine exposed like in the Ferraris so people can see it from the hatch.

I've seen some Golfs with motors in the trunk. In fact, someone (Rod Millen?) did a twin engine Suzuki (front and back) for Pike's Peak.

GTS Jeff
10-11-2002, 09:43 PM
haha. a j32-crx would set u back about 80,000. fool.

infamous
10-11-2002, 09:50 PM
yah...but it depends if you get the nsx from a crash or something like that...you can get just about any car pretty cheap if you do it that way....

ConVict
10-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
or a crx with a b16a...i know this is common...but it is cheap,

Q , this is what I meant! I was never talking to you about a fricking mad monster CRX ! You will never fit anything more then a small 4 cyl in a crx unless you got all of that 16 g's laying around!

You make me look stupid geez :thumbsdow