PDA

View Full Version : window tint

eur0
10-09-2002, 02:24 PM
im bored and want get my windows tinted wheres the best place to go? tint masters? I wanna spend no more than $200 and get all 5 done (3 with limo tint, 2 with like 50%)

James
10-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Tint Masters on 17th
273-5514

I got all 5 done for $175 i think it was. Back 3 at 5%(limo) and the side ones at 65% ( but ive already got a ticket:thumbsdow) will be taking the side tint off soon, its all scratched to hell anyway from trying to fix my window when the power cable snapped:banghead:

CLiVE
10-09-2002, 03:40 PM
I had mine done at shadow tinting. Silver/Black Fade on the back 3, and 50% on the front. Cost about $300 because of the gradient tint..

sportryder
10-09-2002, 05:16 PM
If you do it yourself you can save wicked cash. It's so easy. Buy a tinting kit. The whole process is a joke, just pay attention to detail when you cut. Spray all over the tint and the window, the more solution added the easier it is. Apply and use an exacto blade around the windows. For the side windows sometimes you need to wedge the tinting tool into the bottom of the window to free up any remaining bubbles. If done right you will have no air bubbles. If you encounter small air bubbles at first and can't get them out. Redo the application process since popping them looks gay.:thumbsup:

Lead Injector
10-19-2002, 10:50 PM
over here you can get cheap ass roll on tints for like 50 bucks. look like shit and fall off after a month though.

Lead Injector
10-20-2002, 12:13 AM
well if you want to pay a bit extra you can get them cut or just diy (they come in a few different sizes) in this country its illegal to have the front or back windscreens tinted but as far as I know thats legal in the states (correct me if im wrong)

GP_DrIvEr
10-20-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by tbk49
im bored and want get my windows tinted wheres the best place to go? tint masters? I wanna spend no more than $200 and get all 5 done (3 with limo tint, 2 with like 50%)

go to MR. Detail! that is if you live down in the south

i got my 7 window tint done for $180 (because i kinda know the owner) and they did an amazing job
but if you wanted to go down there with me anytime pm me i can prolly get you a good deal if you pay cash,

after he did a wicked tint job and custom intake on my car for cheap i bring all my friends there and he gives them good deals :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
10-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by GP_DrIvEr

go to MR. Detail! that is if you live down in the south

i got my 7 window tint done for $180 (because i kinda know the owner) and they did an amazing job
but if you wanted to go down there with me anytime pm me i can prolly get you a good deal if you pay cash,

after he did a wicked tint job and custom intake on my car for cheap i bring all my friends there and he gives them good deals :thumbsup:

Really? I don't live too far from there. I'm not 100% sure if I want to get my windows tinted (I've had it on my last 3 vehicles) and not sure if I want to tint this one. But, if I decide to- I'll let you know :)

eur0
10-20-2002, 12:42 PM
thats not bad, i was quoted 165 from tintmaster and they said they can do it in 2 hours so i was maybe thinking about going there

GP_DrIvEr
10-20-2002, 01:33 PM
if we went down to Mr. Detail i could prolly get you your tint done for less than $165 if you pay cash

Mr. Detail is also pretty quick when it comes to tinting, they had my 7 windows done in like 90 mins

HRD2PLZ: your accord is white right? tint it it'll look :bigpimp: but if you decide to just send me a pm and let me know :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
10-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by GP_DrIvEr

HRD2PLZ: your accord is white right? tint it it'll look :bigpimp: but if you decide to just send me a pm and let me know :thumbsup:

I wish. I wanted a white or a black one. But, it also had to have leather seats, a sunroof and be a 5-speed. Pretty hard to find. Mine is called "Heather Mist." Its basically silver with a hint of gold to it. I've seen some with tint and they look okay, looks really bad with dark tint though. I'd have to get something medium and most likely won't tint the front windows (already got a ticket for that in my last car:banghead: ). I will let you know though, thanks man :thumbsup:

Import_Girl
10-20-2002, 01:52 PM
When people come to AD for window tint I always suggest to go to Dave at Impressions, he's wicked....and its not that expensive either:thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
10-20-2002, 01:57 PM
My first choice would have been 3M Trimline, because I got my last 2 cars tinted there. Its expensive, but they do awesome work. Guaranteed for life against peeling and bubbling.

But, Mr. Detail is only like 5 mins from my house and I've heard a few people praise them :thumbsup:

GP_DrIvEr
10-20-2002, 07:12 PM
yeah going to Mr. Detail was awesome because it was soo close i just dropped my car off and walked to the c-train station and took the 5 min bus ride home

the work that they do their is exceptionally good, of course they lots of different things like detailing, glass chips, they even did a custom short ram intake on my car while it was getting tinted... but i think what they do the most and what they are best at is tinting

LaughingTiger
10-20-2002, 10:56 PM
Don't TINT......It looks cleaner w/ out tint....(my opinion):D

Spend you $$ on something else.....

szw is right, tint yourself and it looks like shit...anybody who has tinted them selves , or has tried usually don't do to well...
If you want a good tint job, and want it to last, get the pro's to do it...you'll thank your self later....