PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 a very sad loss. :comment thread

TomTom
04-18-2004, 01:33 AM
who went to the game, comments

i couldnt belive the flames let 4 goals in like that so fast, but it was great that they got back and tied up, we still lost but it was a fuking awsome game, 6 periods , worth every cent i payed

edit: oh ya i think im def and my throat hurts from screaming so much

they played awsome but not till the first period was almost over

legereandrew4
04-18-2004, 01:36 AM
comment, god damn!!!! but hell got to give kipper a hell of a hand!!! he worked his fawking ass off! and saved a hell of a lot of shots! but flames got game 7, if they play how they did tonight form 2nd1/2 period on,,, GO FLAMES GO

cujo_cjc
04-18-2004, 01:58 AM
those stupid refs
especially magoo!!!
that guy did not call shit even when it was a blatant call right in front of him :banghead:

lam-boy
04-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
those stupid refs
especially magoo!!!
that guy did not call shit even when it was a blatant call right in front of him :banghead:

no fucking kidding!
they ran kipper over, he just stands there cause hes so fucking stupid and blind, from getting it so hard from bertuzzi!

my throat and head hurts though ahah, too much screaming.

Kobe
04-18-2004, 03:01 AM
im so pissed off, refs were fucken gay...They were probobly calling all the pentalys on calgary cause we causing them out soo bad.. But fuck they need 2 get fired, they costed the game for calgary

WHERE DID EVERYONE SIT?

Chim
04-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Flames defensemen lost that game man

Every time the 'nucks are coming, the defense fags just skate backwards and watch, HIT THEM YOU MORONS!!!!!

Look at every goal scored on the flames, where the defense left net wide open

Dj_Stylz
04-18-2004, 09:53 AM
I think it was a good game even though they lost Vancouver blew a 4-0 lead. Its all up to game 7 i think calgary has game 7

sti_power
04-18-2004, 09:55 AM
Im soo nervous I was hoping flames would close the deallast night! just pray they play good in game 7! Kippa is amazing!

Speed_Dreams
04-18-2004, 10:25 AM
the flames totally out worked the canucks in the last 4 1/2 periods. But morrison did make a nice move to end the game. but someone shoulda leveled his ass long before he got the puck. Its to bad that the refs put the whistles away in the 3rd thru the 6th but its also nice just seeing the rush after rush after rush without any stopage. The flames have Game 7 or sure

sti_power
04-18-2004, 10:27 AM
the should have won last night! lucky break for vancover but we are going to own canauks in game 7!

hatetank
04-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Great, hard-fought game by both teams, stop crying about the officiating already -- it sounds weak.

roopi
04-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by hatetank
Great, hard-fought game by both teams, stop crying about the officiating already -- it sounds weak.

:werd: It's overtime playoff hockey! You don't call penelties unless it is a serious intent to injure or a scoring chance.

If they were calling penalties in OT then the Flames would have had alot of Penalty Killing to do with all the high sticks.

And everyone knows that the Flames Power Play isn't the greatest at all. Sutter even said they'd rather play 5-5 because they are better than PK's or PP's.

JAYMEZ
04-18-2004, 11:54 AM
I think that was an awesome game , havnt seen such an intense game forever! hell when it was 4-0 i almost turned on a movie , then they started scoring and i was like " There still is a God" :rofl:

lam-boy
04-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by roopi

:werd: It's overtime playoff hockey! You don't call penelties unless it is a serious intent to injure or a scoring chance.

If they were calling penalties in OT then the Flames would have had alot of Penalty Killing to do with all the high sticks.

And everyone knows that the Flames Power Play isn't the greatest at all. Sutter even said they'd rather play 5-5 because they are better than PK's or PP's.

but then i guess when the guy ran into kipper it wasn't an attempt to injure? and all those times that vancouver held the flames players and tripped them to stop them from shooting?

but i was talking about during regulation play, we got called for the dumbest things!
oliwa hit the guy, he turned at the last second. he got a penalty..i mean comon!

quiksilver
04-18-2004, 12:18 PM
how can you guys whine about the officiating. Don't forget Calgary's first goal.

boi-alien
04-18-2004, 12:24 PM
it was an awesome game, it's too bad we lost. but that's OT hockey for you, when it goes to triple OT it's basically anybody's game it all depends on who gets tired first, and Calgary got tired which is unfortunate. Oh well, if we keep playing the way we did the last 4.5 periods things look pretty good for game 7. too bad it's not in calgary

CRX crazy
04-18-2004, 01:04 PM
The game was totally worth my time and money, BUT the calls during regulation time was bull sh*t (which my section loved to chant :D) I can't belive they came back from 4 - 0. I guess they'll just have to win in seven at van.

method
04-18-2004, 01:20 PM
dont forget calgary's first goal? they went upstairs you retard, what more officiating do you want? :D

Kobe
04-18-2004, 01:23 PM
yah..and they wouldn't show it on the jumbo tron, cuase they know it was a perfectly fine goal...

hjr
04-18-2004, 01:25 PM
dont forget in the second overtime Auld go run too, it goes both ways guys.

In the end Kipper, who is normally the king, made a huge mistake. HUGE. He committed to going down before the guy was even at the net. all he had to do was go around. Seriously, watch the replay (i did several times). Kipper was down way too early. My brother is a goalie so i notice these things in my attempts to put him down, haha.

Oh well, a DAMN exciting game.

Ohh and lets not forget the first goal which was high sticking. HE JUMPED TO GET IT!!! haha. the reason they let the goal stand is because that was the call on the ice and the could not definetively say is wasnt. Lucky for the flames cause it got them back in the game.

lam-boy
04-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by CRX crazy
The game was totally worth my time and money, BUT the calls during regulation time was bull sh*t (which my section loved to chant :D) I can't belive they came back from 4 - 0. I guess they'll just have to win in seven at van.

hahaha i guess i was sitting around you then. cause i remeber calling them a pussy for getting "hurt" then guy guys around me are like yeah wtf! soo bullshit
i was like yes..bullshit haha.

max_boost
04-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Ahhh fock

I wanted to cry man, I remember all those hearbreaking overtime losses against LA/Edmonton/Vancouver/San Jose/Chicago. When Niemmen's shot rattled off the cross bar, I had a feeling we were done :(

Dam it, I wish we would have won. There would have been chaos in Vancouver for blowing the 4 goal lead hehe It goes to show home ice didn't mean crap in this series since the home team has only won once!

accordboi_02
04-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by hjr

Ohh and lets not forget the first goal which was high sticking. HE JUMPED TO GET IT!!! haha. the reason they let the goal stand is because that was the call on the ice and the could not definetively say is wasnt. Lucky for the flames cause it got them back in the game.

Actually a precedent was set earlier in the week (I think it was TB/NYI) when NHL head office overruled the decision on the ice, and the video was inconclusive. So obviously Colin Campbell felt it was a goal as well.

Anyways, a hell of a game, HUGE congrats goes out to the Flames for battling back and making a game out of a potential blow out.

Let's take them in 7! GO FLAMES GO!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A_3
04-18-2004, 02:38 PM
we were soooo close, worth every cent i payed for the game, the dome was nuts!!!! I'm liking our chances in game 7, remember after letting in 5 goals in a game Kipper has never let in more then 1 in the game after, and that holds up into the playoff's!!! GO FLAMES!!!!

Team_Mclaren
04-18-2004, 03:20 PM
DAMN it was heartbreaking! we had like 30 people together with a projector screen watching the game, when We tie it up everyone went nuts! good effort by the team to come back from 4-0. We had so many chances in the OT and i'll remeber the sound of the puck hittin the crossbar forever

GAME 7 CALGARY!!!!

ryder_23
04-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by A_3
we were soooo close, worth every cent i payed for the game, the dome was nuts!!!! I'm liking our chances in game 7, remember after letting in 5 goals in a game Kipper has never let in more then 1 in the game after, and that holds up into the playoff's!!! GO FLAMES!!!!
cause hes had such a long playoff career...
remember, when calgary lost to vancouver last time in this exact same fashion...game 6 ot loss (ahead 3-2), game 7 ot loss...almost same thing against san jose i think it was, when they lost in ot, in game 7 as well....were not a good game 7 team.

I think they can do it, but if u wanna play playoff stats, their against us :thumbsup:

accordboi_02
04-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

cause hes had such a long playoff career...
remember, when calgary lost to vancouver last time in this exact same fashion...game 6 ot loss (ahead 3-2), game 7 ot loss...almost same thing against san jose i think it was, when they lost in ot, in game 7 as well....were not a good game 7 team.

I think they can do it, but if u wanna play playoff stats, their against us :thumbsup:

Look at the bright side though: last two times Van/Cal went to game 7 OT the winner went on to the cup finals!!

haha Det/SJ better watch out and pray that game 7 doesnt go into OT!!!
:D

supramk3
04-18-2004, 04:52 PM
thats game was the one of the most intense games i have watched, kipper played very good the defense was leaving it all to him, he cant stop everything.

but i think morrisons play kipper should have had it he went down to early and where was the defense there also.

hopefully we get game 7 because if we lose that is going to hurt alot.
gooduck GO FLAMES GO!!

Chester
04-18-2004, 04:56 PM
fuck i cant even describe my hate for Magoo, hes such a bad ref, so many missed calls. I just wish they could have won:banghead:

ninjak84
04-18-2004, 05:09 PM
i fell asleep in the second period. woke up at midnight just in time to see them lose! :(

C4S
04-18-2004, 05:10 PM
:( let's see what happen on game 7 !!

quiksilver
04-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by method
dont forget calgary's first goal? they went upstairs you retard, what more officiating do you want? :D

not trying to start a fight but if you know anytihng about hockey then you know that the first goal shouldnt have been allowed. dont get me wrong as a flames fan we will take them how we get them. but if you think that goal would have been allowed if the game was closer then method you are the retard.

quiksilver
04-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by hjr
dont forget in the second overtime Auld go run too, it goes both ways guys.

In the end Kipper, who is normally the king, made a huge mistake. HUGE. He committed to going down before the guy was even at the net. all he had to do was go around. Seriously, watch the replay (i did several times). Kipper was down way too early. My brother is a goalie so i notice these things in my attempts to put him down, haha.

Oh well, a DAMN exciting game.

:werd:

iceburns288
04-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Are the Carolina Hurricanes in the postseason? :dunno:

Haven't been following hockey like I should have this season...

lam-boy
04-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
Are the Carolina Hurricanes in the postseason? :dunno:

Haven't been following hockey like I should have this season...

nope

max_boost
04-18-2004, 08:32 PM
There wasn't much Kipper could do on that play, Morrison has a left hand shot so he had no problems controlling the puck. If Kipper didn't go down, I think it would be even easier for Morrison to put the puck in net. If you noticed Hasek's unorthodox style, he lays in front of the crease and opposing players can never flip the puck over him haha :D However, in this case Morrison out waited Kipper and by the way, where was the D on that play? :(

CKY
04-19-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
There wasn't much Kipper could do on that play, Morrison has a left hand shot so he had no problems controlling the puck. If Kipper didn't go down, I think it would be even easier for Morrison to put the puck in net. If you noticed Hasek's unorthodox style, he lays in front of the crease and opposing players can never flip the puck over him haha :D However, in this case Morrison out waited Kipper and by the way, where was the D on that play? :(

:werd: there were like 3 of them just watching morrison walk in

car
04-19-2004, 05:48 PM
no need to complain about the reffing last night, u guys had it easy with the high stick goal that turned the momentum around.
sure, argue with me, but you know it was pretty blatant