PDA

View Full Version : Lexus Sc430...what do you think?!

MYKN
06-06-2002, 01:07 AM
So i seen 2 Lexus sc430's recently again and i really really like them. I forgot about them for awhile. anyways..what do you high rollers think of them..How do they compare to their compitetion...(SLK,Z3.... etc)

buh_buh
06-06-2002, 01:32 AM
I'm not a high roller, but I'm not a big fan of them at all.

MYKN
06-06-2002, 01:46 AM
I was kidding about the high roller thing..hehe..but the sc430 should be able to keep up with the rest of the pack shouldnt they?! its still 300 horses stock.

Redlyne_mr2
06-06-2002, 09:19 AM
Those cars are so pimp, I'll get to have one at my disposal for 3 weeks when I get back to Ontario in the fall...one of the perks that comes with being the captain of team Lexus at the Auto Show next year!

rage2
06-06-2002, 10:01 AM
They're quite heavy. I raced one and it barely pulled on my 215hp SLK 320 Poser AMG. Kenny's SLK 32 real AMG would destroy it.

The backseats are kind of useless, and a waste of space IMO. The stereo system's amazing though, as is the workmanship and quality of the interior. But for that price, I'd get that used Silver SLK 32 AMG from ontario for $71K (no taxes!).

D'z Nutz
06-06-2002, 11:23 AM
How much do those things go for? My girlfriend go to drive one. :mad: :D :D

rage2
06-06-2002, 11:39 AM
About 100K.

Big_Six_Boy
06-06-2002, 12:22 PM
Nice car, but the stock rims got to GO! I saw a couple up here with some nice aftermarket rims... sweet! Other than that, it's too big and heavy for any sportiness. It's basically a mack-mobile for slow cruising... :cool:

Fat Dave
06-06-2002, 02:39 PM
I'm not totally sold on the looks of this car - it will take some time to grow on me. It definitely looks much better in some colours than others. I saw one in red and really didn't like it, but I saw another black one, and it looked much better.

It's definitely more of a Grand Touring car than a sports car (SL type car rather than SLK). Well appointed, Very nice interior for the price, but it is a bigger, heavier car than something like the SLK or Z3/M Roadster.

Absolutely useless backseats for everything but a couple bags of groceries or a briefcase.

I think that new cadillac V8 drop-top is aiming at the same market segment.

RiceCake
06-07-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by rage2
They're quite heavy. I raced one and it barely pulled on my 215hp SLK 320 Poser AMG. Kenny's SLK 32 real AMG would destroy it.

The backseats are kind of useless, and a waste of space IMO. The stereo system's amazing though, as is the workmanship and quality of the interior. But for that price, I'd get that used Silver SLK 32 AMG from ontario for $71K (no taxes!).

agreed on the stereo... damn that is one good factory system... there's a black one and a silver one that's always in Panorama Hills... I find them unique, yet the back seats are useless... hmm.. who knows, maybe your dog can fit in there :confused:

rims, definatley a better choice could have been made, and yeah those things are damn heavy... nice car to be :bigpimp: in, but as for performance goes...:thumbsdow could have been better designed for that...

E36M3
06-07-2002, 05:24 PM
The only thing comparable between an SLK and an SC430 is the fact that they both have retractable hardtops. The true competition for the SC430 is the SL500 (which is an absoltely amazing machine) and the Bentley convertibles.

Since the SL500 as a little slow on the update, Lexus blew out the SC430 and has done very well sales wise. It is certainly not a sports car, but handles well, brakes well and accelerates more than adequately. I was very impressed with how it drove, but I'd pony up the extra bucks for teh SL500. Realistically, the SL500 is much more expensive, but it is so unbelievably beautiful that I think it is worth it.

For a cold climate, you couldn't get a much better car.

Jeff