PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 92/93 integra ls/gs $6000 or less

speedymd
04-19-2004, 12:00 PM
looking for good condition integra ok if 220km or less. not interested in red ones thanks.

92 Teg-B18A
04-19-2004, 05:11 PM
checkout the Bargainfinder (http://www.buysell.com), there's usually quite a few on there for less than $6000

BetterThanSJC
04-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Im clearly disregarding your requirements, but I have a 91 White GS with 350,000 highway km. runs like a dream. Comes with a stereo. Think about what you could do with all the money you save :D

Engine Swap.. Paint Job, Kit... :dunno:
(I would't recomend the swap.. this engine's great! Unless of course you want the 92 for the extra 10hp :thumbsup: )

http://www.slackersinc.com/Friends/Adam/Integra/

New: Clutch, Driveaxles, Alternator, (base) muffler.

speedymd
04-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by BetterThanSJC
Im clearly disregarding your requirements, but I have a 91 White GS with 350,000 highway km. runs like a dream. Comes with a stereo. Think about what you could do with all the money you save :D

Engine Swap.. Paint Job, Kit... :dunno:
(I would't recomend the swap.. this engine's great! Unless of course you want the 92 for the extra 10hp :thumbsup: )

http://www.slackersinc.com/Friends/Adam/Integra/

New: Clutch, Driveaxles, Alternator, (base) muffler.

wow 350km thats impressive, looks pretty good. after 250km what type of general repairs did you have to do? do you know if mantained properply how long those engines will hold out? also do you know off hand how much engine swaps start at? i'd probably want the extra 10hsp (92/93)

speedymd
04-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A
checkout the Bargainfinder (http://www.buysell.com), there's usually quite a few on there for less than $6000

yah i just looked at one today 220km 5500 not bad for 92gs but body was pretty scratched.
some people have no clue about pricing theres a 92ls for sale with 199km the guy wants 7250 for it, good luck buddy!

BetterThanSJC
04-20-2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah, i hear ya. I saw a 92 for $11,000. Bone stock except for rims.. just real low km. Im glad you responded to my offer. I felt like a bit of an ass offering somthing you didn't ask for. The B18a engines are bulletproof. This engine runs strong, its probally not half done its life.

I'll call RPM racing if you'd like to find out what a swap would be. You have a number of options. *im guessing on the figures. Maybe somone could help with some wisdom here.

1) you go buy yourself a B18a from a 92 integra (appx $700) and have it installed (appx $1000) Or you can rebuild the current engine for about the same with performance parts. Or find somone to install the thing and save hundreds more.

2) The G2 integras can house just about any other honda (car) engine! With a bolt kit, you could even drop in the H22 from a 'Lude! 200hp Teg? I think you can get a 170hp Vtec engine swapped for about $2500 - $3000. It would be one of the B16's from the SiR's and it would only have 70,000km!!

Check out http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=category&keyword=JDM%20USDM%20Engines for an idea. I know they do engine swaps dirt cheep in Vancouver. I think the prices on the site are US, but if you like the idea of a 170hp Teg, again, ill call for prices. (isn't that what the TypeR has?)

Like most other's from its time, there is rust on this car. Come see it and start dreaming of the possibilites. If you're willing to put a few G's in this car, rather than a bland G2 you were looking for, your going to end up with one sweet sleeper.

Either way, Happy shopping!

BetterThanSJC
04-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Sry, forgot to list repairs after 250,000km. I've done my research on my car in the past. Each car has its problem areas. Well, the G2 integras dont show up until about 250,000. Sounds like you're hitting me up for info as to what to expect when you get a 220k Integ ;) But im game.

I burnt my clutch @ 310,000km. When i first bougt my stereo, i had it cranked, so i didnt realise I had gone up a 2 km hill in stop in go traffic..... in 3rd gear :S. It made it about a year past that then started to slip.. $700 for a clutch job :(

CV joints riped at around 280,000, and i replaced the drive axles (didnt want to mess with puttin in new CVs) @ 340,000.

Some greese flew off my exposed CV joint on to my Alternator.... frying it. New.

And, like clock work, at around 300,000km the wheel barrings start to go.

Once that stuff is done the cars are good. My Transmission is so smooth I still shift using my fingertips. Interior is near mint. Every option works without glitch.

speedymd
04-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by BetterThanSJC
Yeah, i hear ya. I saw a 92 for $11,000. Bone stock except for rims.. just real low km. Im glad you responded to my offer. I felt like a bit of an ass offering somthing you didn't ask for. The B18a engines are bulletproof. This engine runs strong, its probally not half done its life.

I'll call RPM racing if you'd like to find out what a swap would be. You have a number of options. *im guessing on the figures. Maybe somone could help with some wisdom here.

1) you go buy yourself a B18a from a 92 integra (appx $700) and have it installed (appx $1000) Or you can rebuild the current engine for about the same with performance parts. Or find somone to install the thing and save hundreds more.

2) The G2 integras can house just about any other honda (car) engine! With a bolt kit, you could even drop in the H22 from a 'Lude! 200hp Teg? I think you can get a 170hp Vtec engine swapped for about $2500 - $3000. It would be one of the B16's from the SiR's and it would only have 70,000km!!

Check out http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=category&keyword=JDM%20USDM%20Engines for an idea. I know they do engine swaps dirt cheep in Vancouver. I think the prices on the site are US, but if you like the idea of a 170hp Teg, again, ill call for prices. (isn't that what the TypeR has?)

Like most other's from its time, there is rust on this car. Come see it and start dreaming of the possibilites. If you're willing to put a few G's in this car, rather than a bland G2 you were looking for, your going to end up with one sweet sleeper.

Either way, Happy shopping!

sure if you don't mind or if give me the info i'll look into it.
engine swap sounds over my head but if my budget is around 6500 it might be possible. vtech with 170 hsp would be sweet or 200hp if possible would make me happy happy! if i had more money id get typer(190hp) or rsx but great things come in time.
id rather find a 92/93 and not worry but i always like to look at all my options.
you said your car has rust how much? is a quick fix possible or do you think the car would need whole paint job to fix it?

BetterThanSJC
04-21-2004, 01:21 AM
PMd

speedymd
04-23-2004, 09:45 AM
i bought one thanks for everyones input

92 Teg-B18A
04-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Saweet! Another Gen 2! Congrats on the purchase!:thumbsup:

bighead2267
04-27-2004, 11:03 AM
good for ya........what color did u get??

speedymd
04-28-2004, 12:57 AM
hey thanks guys, but i got a gen3 i found one in that price range and so far so good. it was the 95 blk one that was for sale on the forum
i've had 2 gen2s in the last 4yrs and love them, and will miss my 92 dearly but canot afford 2 cars. she's a beauty but an auto.
when i'm ready to sell i'll post pics and all the detail probably in the next week or two. if anyone wants early details let me know