PDA

View Full Version : clipping

LUDELVR
10-09-2002, 10:08 PM
Any of you boost guys know how to properly clip a turbo?

redline
10-09-2002, 10:18 PM
send it to majestic turbo in texas... this is something that needs to be done by pros with the right equipment!

buh_buh
10-09-2002, 10:48 PM
hahaha, Leo send it to Texas? riiiiiight.

Boost Infested
10-09-2002, 11:05 PM
use a nail clipper! just give me the turbo i will clip it for $5 per fin:poosie:

dont clip the turbine wheel, its a cheap way to have less back pressure but its way better to get a proper size turbine wheel.

just fork out the cash and get a hybrid monsta!:bigpimp:

CLiVE
10-09-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
hahaha, Leo send it to Texas? riiiiiight.
Don't mess with Texas!!!
http://www.dontmesswithtexas.org/images/products/order_decal.gif

95TsiAWD
10-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Nothing wrong with getting a turbo clipped, Buschur Racing has been clipping the TD05H wheel on their 20G turbos 20 degrees for years. First 20G in the 10s. It's a lot more cost effective when you consider that a larger wheel needs the housing bored out for it so depending on the size of the housing that could also mean a larger housing.
But definitely get it sent away somewhere to do it proffesionally. Cherry Turbos in Ontario or ADP in Vancouver if you don't want to send it across the border.

Redlyne_mr2
10-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 95TsiAWD
Nothing wrong with getting a turbo clipped, Buschur Racing has been clipping the TD05H wheel on their 20G turbos 20 degrees for years. First 20G in the 10s. It's a lot more cost effective when you consider that a larger wheel needs the housing bored out for it so depending on the size of the housing that could also mean a larger housing.
But definitely get it sent away somewhere to do it proffesionally. Cherry Turbos in Ontario or ADP in Vancouver if you don't want to send it across the border.
there has to be a place in calgary that can do it..its not like its hard at all, you just need a tool to get the exact measurements so that you have an equal degree of clipping all around...PM Toma on this board (dude who owns dymomotive and ahs a TT mustang)..he may be able to help...

LUDELVR
10-10-2002, 07:06 PM
yah, I'd like to know if anyone in calgary does it. I know a lot of the DSM guys in the states have had great luck once their turbo maxes out.

legendboy
10-10-2002, 10:34 PM
sell me the .60 wheel and compressor housing and buy a t4 wheel and housing off ebay!!!

LUDELVR
10-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
sell me the .60 wheel and compressor housing and buy a t4 wheel and housing off ebay!!!

Shit, I should huh? I hear Ebay has a ton of shit for sale!! Fuck, I should try and unload some of my other stuff there!! Prolly get some good coin too!!!

Redlyne_mr2
10-11-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Shit, I should huh? I hear Ebay has a ton of shit for sale!! Fuck, I should try and unload some of my other stuff there!! Prolly get some good coin too!!!
ya you really should..all in US dollars too..

max_boost
10-11-2002, 10:34 AM
But the thing is, LUDELVR will take the money and not send the part!:rofl: Cheap Bastard! hahaha:tongue:

LUDELVR
10-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
But the thing is, LUDELVR will take the money and not send the part!:rofl: Cheap Bastard! hahaha:tongue:

I'm poor, not cheap!! There's a difference!!

CRXguy
10-11-2002, 10:49 AM

Coulda fooled me!:D

max_boost
10-11-2002, 10:59 AM

I'm sorry:rofl:

LUDELVR
10-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Coulda fooled me!:D

hahah, shut up man, you just keep driving your unboosted car!!! hahahahah

legendboy
10-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Leo, what are you running for timing?

max_boost
10-11-2002, 02:55 PM

hahah, shut up man, you just keep driving your unboosted car!!! hahahahah

And you keep on driving your boosted car that you "think" is faster:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cocoabrova
10-11-2002, 04:27 PM
And you keep on driving your boosted car that you "think" is faster:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:poosie: *OUCH* :rofl:

LUDELVR
10-11-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Leo, what are you running for timing?

stock

LUDELVR
10-11-2002, 05:12 PM

"Think" is a relative word, like driving an auto that really has no balls what so ever. But hey, what ever works for ya man:dunno:

max_boost
10-11-2002, 11:46 PM

"Think" is a relative word, like driving an auto that really has no balls what so ever. But hey, what ever works for ya man:dunno:

Just wait......soon your turbo won't be able to catch up to me NA:bigpimp:and its not like I've never driven a fast car before, its just not my top priority