PDA

View Full Version : Washing your coveralls?

Melinda
04-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey guys, anyone know where in the city you can go to wash your coveralls after they get dirty from working on the car? the oil and stuff would totally ruin a normal washer, but is there a laundromat in the city that lets you wash them there? :dunno:

EG STyLeZ
04-19-2004, 06:44 PM
When mine got really dirty I took it to some dry cleaning place. The oil stains and shit will never fully come out, but they did an allright job :dunno:

SwitchBlade
04-19-2004, 07:05 PM
I need mine washed too. Im feeling a beyond group buy/wash coveralls thread coming on
:clap:

xkon
04-19-2004, 07:08 PM
i have industrial machines available :) pm if you want to use them!!

LancerShelby
04-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Your home washer will work perfect, that's where I do mine. As long as you have a decent amount of detergent, then everything will be fine. Doing a HOT-COLD wash works good too.

habsfan
04-19-2004, 08:39 PM
using a home machine over a long period of time can ruin it, no matter how much detergent u use. the grease and oils and shit build up inside and create nasty ass clogs. for mine, i wash them by hand.........sure they may not be all that "clean" but meh, i dont care, they're jsut gonna get dirty again anyways!

method
04-19-2004, 08:59 PM
wash it by hand then in the machine :burnout:

Gonthro
04-19-2004, 09:27 PM
just find an unmanned laundromat and then they cant complain

Maxt
04-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah , take them to a laundromat, you don't want to wash them in your home washer...
A trick to getting them clean though is to wash them on hot, and add a cup of salt to the water, the salt will bring the oil out of the cloth, and let the soap work better..Maxt

Fluidic
04-20-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
A trick to getting them clean though is to wash them on hot, and add a cup of salt to the water, the salt will bring the oil out of the cloth, and let the soap work better..Maxt

Good recomendation! :thumbsup:

Melinda
04-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ
When mine got really dirty I took it to some dry cleaning place. The oil stains and shit will never fully come out, but they did an allright job :dunno:

How expensive was it?

Originally posted by xkon
i have industrial machines available :) pm if you want to use them!!

Haha if I can't find another solution, you will be getting a PM! :thumbsup: I just dont wanna use a home machine

rc2002
04-20-2004, 09:08 AM
I heard that dumping a can of coke in with the coveralls will get all the oil stains out...