View Full Version : damn sub box

10-09-2002, 10:26 PM
man k i have a box with 2 12's and its vinyl covered now it moves around like as its on wheels or sumthin and its drivin me nutts....accelerate, it moves, brake, it moves, turn, it moves shit............man u peeps gotta know what i can do bout this biz natch!!!!:banghead: :dunno:

10-09-2002, 10:33 PM
bolt in down ....like you already should have..
1 so its harder to steal
2 so it doesnt slide around
3 incase you get in an accident and it flys through fold down seats and hits you in the shoulder ( me with civic_rida when we got into an accident with the 240 ) bolt it down man

10-09-2002, 11:05 PM
You can buy a roll of metal tape(has holes in it). Sorry i don't know the exact name, i think it's used to hold household piping along the ceiling. What you can do is run the metal roll along to top of your box and then attach it to the metal backing where your 6x9's are.

10-09-2002, 11:15 PM

10-09-2002, 11:34 PM
velcro seems to be simplest......so how would i go bout doin this????????

and also how would i bolt it down ( where to )

10-09-2002, 11:55 PM
Velcro it by buying that stuff from walmart (I love that store) hehe.

It comes in strips about 1" wide and however long you want, with a back side that is stick. Just stick the part that best hooks to the carpet onto the box, and make sure the box is firmly implanted into the floor. The velcro should hold if you use enough of it.

10-10-2002, 02:50 AM
Lag bolts into your car work well... but that's kind of a duh point... :rolleyes:

other idea would be to re-build your box so it fits very tightly. The enclosure I built in my ex's Daytona hatch was super tight... two people had to pull it out and it NEVER moved.

last idea would be to take the vynil off the bottom and carpet it. Carpet against carpet doesn't move very easy at all.

10-15-2002, 06:36 PM
What type of vehicle is it in ? I'd Say Bolt it if its in a hatch or what ever velcro or metal hole tape if its in the trunk