PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars NXT - anybody seen it yet?

yohan4ws
04-19-2004, 09:14 PM
There's all this hype at www.meguiarsonline.com and other websites i've seen for detailing .. seems car pro's swear by it these days ..

has anybody seen it for sale in calgary / know how mucH?

B-Rad02
04-22-2004, 02:58 PM
I was going to ask the same thing. If you go here (http://www.meguiars.com/DealerLocator/DealerLocator_template.cfm) you can type in your postal code to see if there are any Meguiar dealers near you.

I know that Canadian Tire carries Meguire products but they do not have the NXT product line yet. I also checked WAL-MART.

Let me know if you or anyone else comes up with anything.

B

yohan4ws
04-22-2004, 03:16 PM
Checked alberta.com and came up with :

They said they'll have the tech wax, protctive wax and some other nxt ... coming in next week! Probably take some time to pass marketing at the bigger outfits but.. im shocked they dont have it yet.

Sam's Body Shop Supplies Ltd
Body Shop Supplies-AfterMarket Parts-Brake Beds
Brake Shoes - Do It Yourself Supplies
4339B Manhattan Rd SE, Calgary, AB T2G4B1
(403) 287-2373

Haven't called other places but partsource doesn't have it either.
*UPDATE, i called all other body shop supplies listed on alberta.com business finder ... "duhh ... whats tech wax ??? .."
'uhh .. nxg wax ?? ... '
'oh really? i didnt know they had that.. "

looks like Sam's is getting my business because they at least know about it .. worth the drive for me.

ramminghard
04-22-2004, 07:46 PM
don't go to sam's auto body supplies. They refuse to stand behind there products and the customer service is fuckin terrible. They have fucked me twice now. I will never go back, shouldn't have after the first time.

Weapon_R
04-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Sam's body service is great. They have never treated me with anything but respect and assistance to the best of their ability. Sorry you had such a bad experience, i've never had any problems with them.

yohan4ws
04-23-2004, 01:27 PM
I'll be happy to take my chances buying a bottle of wax with meguiars label on it .. I think its pretty safe myself ..

On a side note the lady on the phone (though a very thick accent) was very friendly and offered to call me when the product came in.. *shrug* ..

Good to have the heads up though ..

googe
06-09-2004, 05:29 PM
anyone find this yet?

yohan4ws
06-09-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm actually going to go for Zaino5 myself after reading a review that NXT wears off very fast and isn't a pure wax as it has some added cleaner in it ..

NXT is more or less an all in one wax.. you can wash/clay you rcar, throw it on and call it a day ... it hides swirls, adds a deep we tlooking shine .. but it wont last apparently.

I think it was some type of "guru" magazine and a forum that one of the authors did a review on a trunk panel, he split it into4 and zaino 5 came out the best compared with mothers, meg's NXT and .. i cant remember the other, s100 i think ..

just my 2cents.. do a websearch for guru and wax and you should come up with that site .. if you find itll find the thread on nxt but i just dont have time ot suf or i'd post the review.

Call up Sams body shop, i posted all info above.. they should have it by now.

googe
06-09-2004, 06:18 PM
yeah ive looked into zaino and im sure its superior, but i wouldnt mind paying $100 less for something i can grab locally than go through the hassle of ordering "online only"

im familiar with the test youre referring to though, "the guru reports" is what it was called

Si_FlyGuy
06-09-2004, 06:25 PM
You can get zaino in town for $25/bottle and NXT for around $37/bottle.

googe
06-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
You can get zaino in town for $25/bottle and NXT for around $37/bottle.

you sure youre not thinking of zymol or something? zaino is pretty clear about their "not available in stores". if you can, where is it? and where have you seen nxt?

also NXT is all in one. you need 3 or 4 zainos at that price.

Merkur
06-10-2004, 12:07 AM
3M makes the best , trust me, we used it on the merkur before VUB, and it was so so shiny.

by the way, the merkur is for sale