PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN: 1997 Silver Acura Integra

macdaddy
04-20-2004, 05:24 PM
ITS A '97 SILVER ACURA INTEGRA, VLF-160. THE CAR HAS BEEN LOWERED, AND HAS RIMS, EURO TAIL LIGHTS ON IT, CLEAR CORNER SIGNALS, COMPLETELY DONE BLUE ENGINE, AND IS TINTED ALL ROUND. IT WAS STOLEN FROM THE MOUNT ROYAL S-1 LOT BETWEEN 1PM-3PM ON TUESDAY APRIL 20. MY NUMBER IS 275-4968 IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PLEASE CALL AND HELP FIND MY CAR! THANKS FOR THE HELP!

This picture was taken last October, but look pretty much to the car now.

ryder_23
04-20-2004, 05:26 PM
sorry to hear that dude. I park in that lot everyday, such a busy place too i'll keep my eye out for ya, :thumbsup:..

macdaddy
04-20-2004, 05:26 PM
most recent pic of car

ACX
04-20-2004, 05:29 PM
for what its worth dude I'll keep my eyes peeled, sorry to hear that.:(

sxtasy
04-20-2004, 05:50 PM
WTF is with all these cars being stolen from MRC:thumbsdow

illeagle
04-20-2004, 05:55 PM
I'll keep an eye out... she should be easy to spot... hopefully

gkAeris
04-20-2004, 06:15 PM
what is the license plate?

ZorroAMG
04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
VLF 160

86max
04-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
WTF is with all these cars being stolen from MRC:thumbsdow

:werd: I get pissed off just hearing about this shit. Really sorry to hear about your car man....will keep an eye out for sure.

macdaddy
04-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Yo thanks everyone... I am just stressin like crazy. All the cops told me was to sit tight and hope for the best. I have always empathized with anyone this happened to, but honestly never thought it would happen to me. I missed out on like a huge job interview today, and have finals all week. The car was just in yesterday to get lowered and aligned with the summer tires. I had bought the car last October and worked on in all winter, just so it would have been ready for summer... planned to put a kit on it and everything. Please keep looking my precious car!!!

MM99lude
04-20-2004, 07:38 PM
OMFG another car stolen!

Will be on the look out!

Best of luck finding it!

Orbie
04-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Man another stolen car? damn! makes you feel really comfortable to have a modded car in Calgary doesn't it? people really got to get a life...sorry about the car man looks like you spent alot of time/money on it. I will watch for it, but not being near MRC, hopefully whoever stole it will drive around and get spotted.

Good Luck!

GT2NV
04-20-2004, 07:51 PM
this is brutal, theres constantly a car stolen from a member on this forum like every week:(
ill keep an eye out for you bro

kiwi
04-20-2004, 08:13 PM
What's with all these cars getting stolen? First UofC, now MRC?
Sorry to hear about that! :whipped:

Chester
04-20-2004, 08:42 PM
damn, hearing about all these car jackings are pissing me off. I'll keep my eyes open

macdaddy
04-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Got this site going... these are pics from last October, but car is pretty similar to this except has fog lights, clear corners, and is lowered.

pass the site on...

http://earth.prohosting.com/djswitch/missingcar.htm

86max
04-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by macdaddy
The car was just in yesterday to get lowered and aligned with the summer tires.

It's possible they may have been linked to the theft. I often hear of people getting stereos installed or stuff put on, and very shortly after it's gone. Did you have an alarm?

D'z Nutz
04-20-2004, 09:32 PM
What type of rims were these?

muse017
04-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hear that story dude...
Any other Distinctive Features on your car tho?
cuz...there are tons of Integra with those Euro Taillights, Clear
Corners and tinted windonw..:dunno:
I'll keep an eye out for the plate number.

ryder_23
04-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by 86max

It's possible they may have been linked to the theft. I often hear of people getting stereos installed or stuff put on, and very shortly after it's gone. Did you have an alarm?

thats the first thing that popped into my mind...did you keep a spare key in your car? that they could have taken the other day? :dunno:

boostless
04-20-2004, 10:36 PM
:eek:
another stolen car....im scared to park at uni...
im grabbin one of those removable steering wheels asap
i think if u dont park in the same lot, or area the same time that might throw em off a bit as well....

izzoblitzo
04-20-2004, 11:05 PM
was there an alarm on the car?

jeeze.. you pretty much need to install an imobilizer these days. And even then, you still have to worry about broken windows.

7thgenvic
04-20-2004, 11:17 PM
what the fuck, i can't wait till they find this guy, im guessing its the same guy who jacked the last civic! wow what a bitch, sorry to hear that bro

izzoblitzo
04-20-2004, 11:26 PM
it seems all these post secondary institutions are being hit, because the theives know the owner will be gone for at least a couple hours.. more than enough time for witnesses to clear, and get away.. and they seem to be aiming at all the cars with mods.. the last civic that was stolen, they knew exactly what to take.. they knew what was aftermarket and what was not.. like speedometer gauges and everything! like, I wouldnt have thought about ripping that out.. taillights maybe.. but definately not gauges.

macdaddy
04-21-2004, 12:25 AM
ya the car had full aftermarket alarm installed in it, but no club on the wheel. i had no spare key so that wasn't it... i can just see my car somewhere on blocks being ripped apart by some low life. i saw the guy who had his civic jacked from the Uni. and that thing was pillaged, I am sure I'll be luckey to get back the spare tire.

Gondi Stylez
04-21-2004, 12:40 AM
fuck, another car gone! :eek: :(

i actually have seen that car at mrc so ill keep my eyes open, ill be there almost everyday till next tuesday cuz of exams, so ill keep and eye and ear open for that! plus if i see it around, ill let you know!

hope you get ur ride back w/o too much damage!:(

:guns: thevies!

ramminghard
04-21-2004, 01:55 AM
I got to the parking lot around 3 and drove around a bit to find a good spot and don't remember seeing that car. Where was it parked in the lot? Any glass oon the ground or anything? Lots of people come in and out of there so you think that someone would have seen it.

I park there every day and don't like to hear things like this. Hope you get your car back.

Dj_Stylz
04-21-2004, 07:28 AM
Dont they got video camera in there?

Narz
04-21-2004, 10:26 AM
sorry to hear about ur car....i hope this motherfcuker gets caught...anyways if it is the same guy who stole my bf's civic from uni two weeks ago then my suggestion is to look around in the south...like around chinook....or Cranston(the area they found my bf's civic) or drive on crowchild south....cause if it is the same guy he'll be in the south for sure....i duno those are just my suggestions....i hope they find your car plus the a$$hole who took it...good luck!

izzoblitzo
04-21-2004, 10:35 AM
There's pretty much no way to stop these guys from taking these cars. These cars stick out like a sore thumb when they look for a victim.

If they want it, they will get it. There's nothing to stop them.

Even these aftermarket alarms arnt doing any good..

I'd say, the fastest way to prevent future vehicles from being taken is to have an imobilizer on the car, or have the alarm with the pager that tells you someone is messing with your car.. or gps.

I think having a club or something simular in the car would definately make a crook think twice before trying to take your ride.

I mean, it looks tacky and all, but If its between looking tacky, and having my ride being taken, I'd go with the club.

You'd also be dealing with the smash and grab crowd too.:guns:

macdaddy
04-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by ramminghard
I got to the parking lot around 3 and drove around a bit to find a good spot and don't remember seeing that car. Where was it parked in the lot? Any glass oon the ground or anything? Lots of people come in and out of there so you think that someone would have seen it.

I park there every day and don't like to hear things like this. Hope you get your car back.

My car was in around the center of the lot. I knew the exact parking spot it had been in since I had just parked it about an hour and a half prior. There was no glass at all on the ground, so I have no idea how they got in. I also have a locking steering column, which engagues if there is no key in the ignition and the wheel is turned.... I guess they were just good. My rims had tuner nuts, and lock nuts on them... so hopefully they will still be attached if the car is found. I can only pray

rage2
04-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Older hondas are too easy to steal :(. Locks can be picked within seconds, locking steering column is totally useless when they get cracked open. Any car thief can steal older hondas under a minute. It's pretty sad...

The newer hondas are tougher with immobilizers integrated into the ECU's.

As for lock nuts, they're not hard to get rid of in the privacy of a garage. Kenny bought his car with lock nuts on them but lost keys, and it took about 2 mins to remove all of 'em. Let's hope your car gets spotted and found quickly.

redbaron303
04-21-2004, 11:07 AM
I feel sorry for you. Hopefully she's recovered in one piece undamaged!

I hope the theives are recovered in multiple pieces completely damaged... stupid fuckers deserve to get hurt for stealing someones ride.

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
If they want it, they will get it. There's nothing to stop them.

Even these aftermarket alarms arnt doing any good..

I'd say, the fastest way to prevent future vehicles from being taken is to have an imobilizer on the car, or have the alarm with the pager that tells you someone is messing with your car.. or gps.

I think having a club or something simular in the car would definately make a crook think twice before trying to take your ride.

I would have to agree... infact the more layered the protection the better. And for anyone that has an alarm, invest in a battery back-up siren, and mount it somewhere where it cannot be easily removed.. The normal siren should be mounted deep under things in the engine bay or behind bumpers. And put in a hood lock. They have types with a cable that locks it from inside the car, so you don't have locks on the hood (if you don't want) Theives just smash your window (setting off alarm) then pop the hood, cut the siren wires and no more attention. And no matter how well you hide the siren, they can find it because it is making all the noise. It's more important to make it hard to get at... and have a second back-up siren so if they cut or remove the battery power, it goes off continuously!!! Hence it needs to be secure! It scares the hell out of me to keep hearing of all these car thefts!

I'm really sorry to hear about your car! Good luck, and I hope everything works out.

P.S. This site is a great resource for alarm and stereo info:
www.the12volt.com

mik
04-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey, sorry about your car. Mine was broken into a few weeks back, atleast they didnt take the car.

Im interested in this locking hood release you speak of, without having a lock on the hood. Where did you see that? Thanks!

Originally posted by Spyderman_MaryJ

I would have to agree... infact the more layered the protection the better. And for anyone that has an alarm, invest in a battery back-up siren, and mount it somewhere where it cannot be easily removed.. The normal siren should be mounted deep under things in the engine bay or behind bumpers. And put in a hood lock. They have types with a cable that locks it from inside the car, so you don't have locks on the hood (if you don't want) Theives just smash your window (setting off alarm) then pop the hood, cut the siren wires and no more attention. And no matter how well you hide the siren, they can find it because it is making all the noise. It's more important to make it hard to get at... and have a second back-up siren so if they cut or remove the battery power, it goes off continuously!!! Hence it needs to be secure! It scares the hell out of me to keep hearing of all these car thefts!

I'm really sorry to hear about your car! Good luck, and I hope everything works out.

P.S. This site is a great resource for alarm and stereo info:
www.the12volt.com

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-21-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm searching around the web for details, but I know Quinn security has the cable style that uses a barrel key to basicly dead bolt the latch. I aslo know of an electronic one that does the samething with a solinoid. I'll keep looking...

mik
04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks, let me know if you find it.

One of those + immobilizer + hidden fuel cut off switch + club = ***off and go steal someone elses.... unless ofcourse they have a towtruck :dunno:

I'm searching around the web for details, but I know Quinn security has the cable style that uses a barrel key to basicly dead bolt the latch. I aslo know of an electronic one that does the samething with a solinoid. I'll keep looking...

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Here is a picture of what I was talking about. Apparently the electronic ones have been discontinued. These cable ones are DEI part # 565T (5'), 566T (6'), and 567T (7') They also incorporate a starter disable.

As for the electronic ones, I guess with a door lock solinoid and a little ingenuity you could build something pretty easy. My only concern would be that if it fails, you might have a bitc# of a time opening the hood.

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by mik
Thanks, let me know if you find it.

One of those + immobilizer + hidden fuel cut off switch + club = ***off and go steal someone elses.... unless ofcourse they have a towtruck :dunno:

Yeah *hopefully*if you layer your car they will just find something a little easier to hit!

Also I checked out ebay for the 7' lock.. The only thing is the $24 shipping to Canada. Ouch!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14934&item=3091674667&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

mik
04-21-2004, 02:33 PM
DEI?

Here is a picture of what I was talking about. Apparently the electronic ones have been discontinued. These cable ones are DEI part # 565T (5'), 566T (6'), and 567T (7') They also incorporate a starter disable.

As for the electronic ones, I guess with a door lock solinoid and a little ingenuity you could build something pretty easy. My only concern would be that if it fails, you might have a bitc# of a time opening the hood.

mik
04-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Anyone know how long the cable is on a 97 Civic SI?

Yeah *hopefully*if you layer your car they will just find something a little easier to hit!

Also I checked out ebay for the 7' lock.. The only thing is the $24 shipping to Canada. Ouch!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14934&item=3091674667&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

hyperwhite
04-21-2004, 02:37 PM
i had no spare key so that wasn't it...

they could have made a spare...its possible. is the shop located near where the otherone was found? :dunno:

izzoblitzo
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
I watched an ABC special on stealing cars once, they just torch off the lug nuts.

vincent-h
04-21-2004, 02:53 PM
What brand alarm did you have and what features did it include did it have a kill start?

Just wanna know for my own concern and eryone elses to see what these thieves can and can't break into with ease

Z_Fan
04-21-2004, 04:17 PM
:drama:

I hate hearing about this stuff. Makes me angry! I'll keep my eyes pealed as I drive in downtown and south east a lot. Hope you recover your car in one piece. :rolleyes:

spike98
04-21-2004, 04:26 PM
My suggestion would be to make the theives hurt when they try to steal your car.

Some things i have used in the past are:

- Piezo (3+) sirens inside the vehicle
- Eletrofied door handles (really easy with a pair of 12v flourecent light balasts)
- Multiple (3+) sirens outside (not crappy ones, 120db+)
- Razor barbed wire around alarm brain and siren

Other things when installing an alarm:

- Remove dash and install alarm brain on firewall behind AC controls and the radio
- Starter kill
- Fuel pump shut off
- Cover all alarm cables in braded steal shielding
- 2 way pager
- Hood and trunk locks
- Disable factory hood and trunk release, use solenoids on a hidden switch or relocate cables somewhere discreate
- Horn honk with alarm
- Light flash with alarm
- Battery backup sirens located in fenders, bumpers, anywhere where multiple parts have to be removed to install

Other than that the best way to have a car not get ripped off is to have one not disireable to theves. But that is no fun!!

Hope you get your car back man! Next time around use the tips above when getting your alarm installed. Costs more money but it is worth it in the long run.

SinisterProbeGt
04-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Here is the next alarm for people going to mount Royal and U of C

http://www.drdetailshop.com/v200.htm

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by mik
DEI?

DEI= Directed Electronics Inc. They make all the Viper, Hornet, Sidewinder, Python, Wasp... and alot of other brand alarms and accesories.

Here is a link to the Canadian website. http://www.directed.ca/en/index.php

macdaddy
04-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite

they could have made a spare...its possible. is the shop located near where the otherone was found? :dunno:

The shop I had the alignment done when I lowered my car with the 18's was at TireCraft on MacLeod

Originally posted by vincent-h
What brand alarm did you have and what features did it include did it have a kill start?

Just wanna know for my own concern and eryone elses to see what these thieves can and can't break into with ease

I had a two way pager alarm, with 6 sensors in the car, and a hood release pin. I was really far away from the car so my pager never went off... figures. I didn't have the kill start since my car is standard and you can just jump start any manual trasmission.

turbo_equiped
04-21-2004, 05:45 PM
i know eh...!!!
so annoying..!!
whats up with all these car thieves lately...!!!!
i am on the look up man..!!

cycosis
04-21-2004, 06:30 PM
sorry guys. the car was found this morning aorund 1 am. totally destroyed. engine was pulled, rims stolen, etc. sad story ahs come to an end i guess...:(

::renegade54::
04-21-2004, 06:45 PM
sucks man.. sucks a lot

Vtecpower
04-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Sorry To Here That Sucks Alot

illeagle
04-21-2004, 06:54 PM
shit.... sorry to hear... I kept thinking i found it... you know how many silver teg's with altezza's run around town?

ryder_23
04-21-2004, 06:59 PM
sorry to hear this man....

i just cant believe that it got stolen out of S1, hell its the busiest lot at mt royal even until like 7pm...hard to believe no one saw anything...where were u parked in the lot?

izzoblitzo
04-21-2004, 07:00 PM
same!!! I was at mount royal less than an hour ago, and I thought I was gonna be a hero three times.

Three silver 'tegs with altezzas.. one with exhaust, and two without.

and one had a red emblem.

hard to find.

Where'd they find it? Whith no engine? How on earth did someone pull this off?? if it was found on the side of the street, and the engine was gone, did the crooks have an engine pully with them or something?

They'd be pretty damn oranized to pull the engine out at a shop, and like, truck it and dump it in the suburbs then.. :whipped:

macdaddy
04-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Yes the car was recovered by the Police this morning at 1am... "pillaged and undriveable". The details they gave me were pretty vague. I haven't seen the car yet because it is in for fingerprinting right now, but when they give me access to it I will take some pics for everyone to see.

D'z Nutz
04-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear about it, macdaddy. Hopefull your insurance will cover most of your loss.

kiwi
04-21-2004, 07:55 PM
That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear about that... hope they catch these guys soon! :whipped:

ntv1980
04-21-2004, 08:31 PM
That's really shitty man, sorry to hear that. Whereabout do they find the car??? That must be close to where the thieves live or they may own a tow truck.

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Here. You could try this:

88optima
04-21-2004, 09:04 PM
hi im new here ..
but i know a little bit about car alarms and such..
another good thing to do is get some Piezo Buzzer/Alarms, and place tem in your vents and/or body pannels, you can buy some pretty friggin loud ones for fairly cheap at electronic wholesalers.
i know as soon as i get my alarm installed i will be adding a few extras such as these, on a side note if you dont feel comforable messing with adding to your alarm i know for a fact that Quinn Securities does offer these and a few other great options when you perchase an alarm from them..
:)

WSP
04-21-2004, 09:15 PM
That sucks to hear.....you should seriously look into a gps locating system for ur car thats the only way i have found these bastards cant get away. PM Kona9 or myself and i can get u some info on it. Their recovery rate is on car stolen a week and 100% recovery so far.

macdaddy
04-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the input / help. Again the car has been recovered and has just gone through finger printing. I had a look at the car in the impound lot and it is in pretty rough shape... but I guess it could have been worse. The engine seems to be untouched, but the car was found on blocks and the rims were jacked. Even though I had tuner nutz and lock nuts on the car, it had just been in at TireCraft to get aligned since it was lowered... so the keys to the nuts were in the back seat (coincidence?...) Funny thing was, when the cop opened the door to let me look in the car, the alarm went off (and my two way pager)... how ironic. Should be about a week before I get it back because the insurance company has to sort everything out.

barmanjay
04-21-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm so glad you got it back, but sucks that they took the rims.

That is wierd that the alarm went off.

So i guess all the flyers I made up and handed out to everyone at the meet was kind of a waste,.... but oh well the thought was there

Seems these guys are getting smarter. quick jack'n'run.
I hope these guys get caught!
One of these day's they'll get caught! Hopefully before another car gets taken!

I hope the damage wasn't to severe

Man that really bugs me that your alarm went off at the impound!
what kind of alarm do you have and where did you buy it?
It almost seems the culprits had some kind of a master remote? I think it is possible seeing at the remote controls operate on a radio frequency,...you think?
Is it worth having an alarm these days?

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-22-2004, 06:54 AM
All this converation leads me to believe that *perhaps* they are hanging around at the school lots, watching and waiting to see when people come and go!.. They know that you will be away from your car for 1.. 2.. 3+ hours. They know that even with a 2 way system you are too far away for it to work, or even if it does, they will be gone with your car before you could get to it anyways. I suggest everyone really notice people around the lot. Chances are they look just like a student of the school, so no one thinks any differant. And if you hear a car alarm going off.. even if just for a second.. take a minute to look, it may be a fellow members car being ripped off. Part of the problem is no one cares if they hear an alarm going off. Don't be afraid to ask them if it is their car. If it was my car alarm going off, I would rather someone come ask me if it was mine... than ignore it and have my car go missing!

That really sucks about your alarm too. as if you haven't had enough grief, your alarm goes off after the fact!! Damn! How can they take your car... get all your "goodies" and drop off the stripped out car while it has a functioning alarm?? You would think they would disable the alarm completely. Shows that getting past an alarm is way easier than than it should be!

SinisterProbeGt
04-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Funny thing was, when the cop opened the door to let me look in the car, the alarm went off (and my two way pager)... how ironic. Should be about a week before I get it back because the insurance company has to sort everything out.

Search the calgary sun or calgary hearld archives about this very thing.

You said you got your alarm installed not to long ago right?
Well in this story the were telling about a shop in the n.e installing alarms and stereo's and when it was in the shop the guys would copy the key pad and make one of there own.
This also happened at soundsaround in the south some time ago.
But if you brought up where you were going to school or worked thats mabye how they got you.
its not like your car hard to see so if they made another key for your alarm and went to the parkade took the car, got the wheels and when they left it re-armed it for you. Cause they dont want your car getting jacked again you know!!!
just my 2 cents

Narz
04-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Just curious...where was the car found????

7thgenvic
04-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Narz
Just curious...where was the car found????

true, it would be interesting if it was in the same area as the other car that was stolen from the art parkade at the university of calgary!//???

dpayne007
04-22-2004, 04:36 PM
What bugs me is that I work and go to school at MRC so my car is out there all the time. I've already had 2 radios go and am now sticking with the original radio because I don't feel like waisting more money.

euro_racer
04-22-2004, 05:44 PM
yo man u should posts some pictures, but im sorry to hear about all that, at least its not compleatly wrecked

pr0
04-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Sounds like you were fucked man. 2 way system and it didn't even catch it? Then now it does? They had to of had a key to disarm it. I would watch that place where you got it (the alarm) installed.

eb0i
04-22-2004, 09:48 PM
holy shit that's scary. Didn't know that many cars get jacked while we were at school. Sorry to hear about your car but glad that it was found. And about lock nuts and such, can't you just use a smaller socket and hammer it on then try open it that way?

Chester
04-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by pr0
Sounds like you were fucked man. 2 way system and it didn't even catch it? Then now it does? They had to of had a key to disarm it. I would watch that place where you got it (the alarm) installed.

He was probably out of range, two way alarms don't work everywhere

macdaddy
04-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Ya I have a two way, but I was at like the other end of the school so the range on the signal plus being in the building would have played a factor. I think range on mine is 500ft with new batteries. I had the actual alarm installed at Impressions like 6 months ago, and it cost over $500... needless to say I'm not too happy with the product.

TrU-PaK
04-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey sorry to hear it happened to you too, hopefully ull have better luck with insurance then im having. They gave me a rental car for 4 days, and just called couple days back and made us give the car back because they said that i 'modified' my engine which voids insurance policy and now they mite not give me a dime for my whole car. I guess im gonna hafta fight this till the end, but they said to give them a couple weeks to see if they will cover my car at all considering it is a rite-off.
good luck.

macdaddy
04-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Ya I am covered for $29 / day for the rental... but that doesn't even cover the full cost. I also have to pay full coverage on the rental out of my pocket which is $10/day. My car is being picked up and sent to a body shop for inspection, and then the mechanic shop next week. I will let everyone know what comes of all that.

mik
04-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Eeek. That really makes me reconsider modifying my engine at all.... thats the last thing id need.
Best of luck man.

Originally posted by TrU-PaK
Hey sorry to hear it happened to you too, hopefully ull have better luck with insurance then im having. They gave me a rental car for 4 days, and just called couple days back and made us give the car back because they said that i 'modified' my engine which voids insurance policy and now they mite not give me a dime for my whole car. I guess im gonna hafta fight this till the end, but they said to give them a couple weeks to see if they will cover my car at all considering it is a rite-off.
good luck.

C4S
04-23-2004, 10:12 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :whipped:

What's wrong with today people ? sorry to hear that .. sigh .. so many car got stolen .. jetta, civic , integra .. and again .. what can they do after stole the car ?? :( just smash it .. etc ..

Is it really that eas to steal a car ? hwo can people do it even during daytime .. with tons of people around ... :guns:

Again ... I hate those selffish theft .. if they do it like the movie, stealing tons of Ferrari .. Benz ... then I call them " Professional " ! but now ? Idiot ! :guns:

ramminghard
04-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Ya I am covered for $29 / day for the rental... but that doesn't even cover the full cost. I also have to pay full coverage on the rental out of my pocket which is $10/day. My car is being picked up and sent to a body shop for inspection, and then the mechanic shop next week. I will let everyone know what comes of all that.

You can refuse to pay that. I did and they had to give me a car anyways.they don't make adults to that. The insurance that you had on your car is what covers the rental. But if you don't have collision on your car and you crash the rental the money is coming out of your pocket.

Z_Fan
04-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Man, sucks that this has happened. At least they didn't completely thrash the car? Or did they? Send those pics up...

The sad thing about cars is that if someone wants it, it's gone. It is really that simple. And as far as 'getting in' to your car, again, it doesn't matter what kind of alarm you have, etc, if you've got something in your car of value: Radar Detectors, Jackets, Computers, Cameras, anything Electronic, Etc... It's gone! In and out in under 10 seconds, no problem.

Oh well...shit happens, that's why you have insurance I guess. I've got a car I want someone to steal. I mean, it's a great car, I just don't need it. Why won't they take it!? Maybe I need to park it at U of C or SAIT, and put on some nice rims as bait?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43754

Hope they catch those phockers who took your car.

ntv1980
04-23-2004, 01:01 PM
TrU-PaK, what insurance company do you have on the car that got stolen? These insurance companies just charge an arm and a leg for the premium and when it's paying out time, they try to f*** us up and avoid paying it.

macdaddy
04-23-2004, 04:27 PM
HERE IS THE UPDATE:

So, yesterday I call the insurance company and let them know that my car is now in the impound lot, and has finished being finger printed. They tell me the next step is to call the auto body shop I want the car inspected at and have them pick up the car from the impound lot and brought back to their shop. So today I get a call around 1pm saying my car is now at the shop and to come down and write a statement about it. When I get down to the shop and am looking over the once beautiful Integra, I notice that since the car was in the impound lot, THE FENDERS ARE NOW COLLAPSED IN and THE HOOD IS SEVERELY SCRATCHED. It was obvious to myself and the body mechanics that when the tow truck company picked the car up the strap crumpled in the fenders and left scratch marks all the way across the hood. So yet another crappy day for the books.

macdaddy
04-23-2004, 04:27 PM
The insided: Post theft

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-23-2004, 04:36 PM
DAMN!! Now the fenders have been crushed too. Ouch! I guess its good that its gonna get fixed. I hope everything works out for you.

pr0
04-23-2004, 05:06 PM
What alarm did you have installed?

Celica4me
04-24-2004, 12:53 AM
wtf.....what towing company did that???? are they fucking retarded???

Merkur
04-24-2004, 03:52 PM
All these cars stolen and alarms not fully working is scary, got me thinking that maybe if i pull a few relays under the hood everytime i leave the car somewhere, thay can try to steal it but say if i pulled the fuel pump relay, they can't get the car unless they get a relay. just a thought.

habsfan
04-24-2004, 05:03 PM
ya, the relay thing sounds like the only way to prevent it, unless they think of that too..

izzoblitzo
04-25-2004, 12:33 AM
well.. one way to prevent it from being taken is to get an aftermarket steering wheel that you can remove easily.. and take the steering wheel with you (like you take your helmet with you if you own a bike).

a little less convenient, but will prevent your car from being taken.. or just tuck the steering wheel under the seat or something.

bighead2267
04-30-2004, 11:33 AM
i saw your car at Crowfoot image today. actually, it looks much better than i expect. my car got jack before and much worse than yours.....hope all goes well on you.....