PDA

View Full Version : Realtime Dc5!!!!

vince
10-10-2002, 11:04 AM
DC2 integra finally retired!!! the DC5 RSX will be racing for REALTIME on OCT 11 at Road Atlanta. Too bad is not driving by PD Cunningham who drives the REALTIME NSX....

http://www.speedvisionwc.com/news/images/rsx-3q-sm.jpg

more info.... (http://www.speedvisionwc.com/news/02press106.html)

legendboy
10-10-2002, 11:27 AM
I think peter is an admin on H-T! I love watching the speed vision touring car races! Realtime OWNS http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/mad.gif

Redlyne_mr2
10-10-2002, 11:31 AM
that dc5 has alot to live up to

GTS Jeff
10-10-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
that dc5 has alot to live up to itll have no problems :thumbsup:

Ekliptix
10-10-2002, 12:35 PM
I loved watching the Type R's taking the BMW's in the corners. The interior audio is soo nice too. This new car should be awesome!

three.eighteen.
10-10-2002, 02:59 PM
are those ssr type-c/competitions? i thought tuner motorsports had a real problem running them for races...went thru like 40 rims or something?

nismodrifter
10-10-2002, 04:11 PM
I liked the dc2's better

GTS Jeff
10-10-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
I liked the dc2's better why? cuz they handle worse and have less power?

cocoabrova
10-10-2002, 04:54 PM
A Mazda Protege won the title this year, right?? I think one of the RealTime DC2's was 2nd :dunno:

Weapon_R
10-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
itll have no problems :thumbsup:

Why do you say that? Any evidence to back it up? I always thought the DC2 was much better than the DC5!

GTS Jeff
10-10-2002, 07:27 PM
honda is not retarded. given over 8 years to come up with a replacement for the dc2, i think they could at least make a better car. they arent going to be like "well its time for another teg, so lets come up with a shittier car!"

the new teg drives faster, handles better, and does it with more class than the old one. some ppl say that the mac struts on the newer teg take away handling, which is true, but the new chassis easily makes up for that. the only thing that sucks about the suspension is way the rear suspension is linked so the tailend hops over bumps in corners. as for the engine, the torque curve is flatter than redlyne_mr2's mom...and i guess some ppl dont like that the new ones are quieter, but shit what do u expect, its an acura! its not like quieter equals less performance anyways..

what dc5 has that the dc2 doesnt.
-side airbags
-traction control
-6 speed
-full sized spare
-30 more hp
14 more lb-ft of tq
-0.22L
-100 more lbs (doh!)
-more passenger room
-bigger wheels
-better brakes (stopping distance is improved 10 feet)
-0.88g vs the DC2s 0.79g

haha i just noticed u have a dc2 :D

Weapon_R
10-10-2002, 10:44 PM
Alot of that information is actually not true. I AM partial to the DC2 (think they are nicer) but the facts are there.

Skidpad rating for the DC2 - R is .88g
Skidpad rating for the DC5 - S is .82g

Quarter Mile times for the DC2 - R is 14.8
Quarter Mile times for the DC5 - S is 15.2

DC2 - R Features LSD
DC5 - S Features Traction Control

The overall feeling is that the new RSX is a better refined car, but for racing applications, the Type R will always be #1! I'd have to say that the DC5 really does have a tough act to follow!

gpomp
10-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Alot of that information is actually not true. I AM partial to the DC2 (think they are nicer) but the facts are there.

Skidpad rating for the DC2 - R is .88g
Skidpad rating for the DC5 - S is .82g

Quarter Mile times for the DC2 - R is 14.8
Quarter Mile times for the DC5 - S is 15.2

DC2 - R Features LSD
DC5 - S Features Traction Control

The overall feeling is that the new RSX is a better refined car, but for racing applications, the Type R will always be #1! I'd have to say that the DC5 really does have a tough act to follow!

Why arn't you comparing the DC2R to the DC5R? The Type-S should be compared with the GS-R.

BTW, bench racing is great.

lammer
10-10-2002, 10:58 PM
I was wondering, why do all those cars have no head lights, but like just paitings of it or something. I've seen alot of drag cars like that.
are head lights heavy?

GTS Jeff
10-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
The Type-S should be compared with the GS-R.at least some1 knows that.

GTS Jeff
10-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by lammer
I was wondering, why do all those cars have no head lights, but like just paitings of it or something. I've seen alot of drag cars like that.
are head lights heavy? yes

cocoabrova
10-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Why arn't you comparing the DC2R to the DC5R?
Probably because the REALTIME DC5 racecar is NOT a RSX Type-R, they're using a Type S, probably because the Type-R isn't available as a consumer car right now:thumbsdow
But yes Duncan, in any other case, the Type-S would probably compared to the GS-R:thumbsup: :werd:

GTS Jeff
10-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
the Type-R isn't available as a consumer car right now:thumbsdowis too! a jdm version of hte k20a is putting out 220ps (230hp?). it should make its debut in north america in a couple years when rsx sales start dropping and honda wants to revitalize the line. right now, introducing the R here would only mess up typeS sales.

cocoabrova
10-11-2002, 04:11 PM
is too! a jdm version of hte k20a is putting out 220ps (230hp?). it should make its debut in north america in a couple years when rsx sales start dropping and honda wants to revitalize the line. right now, introducing the R here would only mess up typeS sales.
A USDM version isn't available right now, hence the "Type-R isn't available as a consumer car right now," which I think means that they have to use only cars that are available in N.A. right now:poosie: Yes, I know there's a new Integra (RSX) Type-R in Japan, hell, pretty much everywhere else EXCEPT N.A.:rolleyes: :poosie:

Dope Dealer
10-11-2002, 04:18 PM
The RSX Type-R pushes out 240 HP :)

gpomp
10-11-2002, 06:13 PM
220hp last time I checked. S2000 is 240hp.

GTS Jeff
10-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

A USDM version isn't available right now, hence the "Type-R isn't available as a consumer car right now," which I think means that they have to use only cars that are available in N.A. right now:poosie: Yes, I know there's a new Integra (RSX) Type-R in Japan, hell, pretty much everywhere else EXCEPT N.A.:rolleyes: :poosie: well yea, but that is still no excuse to compare the old type r(which is a racetrack moniker) to the type s (which is a luxury-performance moniker).

220hp last time I checked. S2000 is 240hp. 220ps...which is about 230hp

gpomp
10-11-2002, 11:29 PM
well yea, but that is still no excuse to compare the old type r(which is a racetrack moniker) to the type s (which is a luxury-performance moniker).

220ps...which is about 230hp

1ps = 0.986hp

So 220ps = 217hp!!!!!!!!

:clap:

cocoabrova
10-15-2002, 09:34 PM
well yea, but that is still no excuse to compare the old type r(which is a racetrack moniker) to the type s (which is a luxury-performance moniker).
:nut: Yes, I know the differences in the two cars are almost at the opposite ends of the spectrum, but like you said, they don't want to kill the RSX sales yet, and the DC2 ITR is no longer available as a NEW car. So what would YOU do if you were part of the N.A. Acura Division of Honda's marketing team??:rolleyes: I agree with you about the cars, especially since I test-drove both cars and picked the better one of the 2:poosie: I just have an idea of the reasoning behind RealTime's decision;)