PDA

View Full Version : New Flames ticket buying procedure

Strider
04-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Tickets aren't going to be first come first served anymore at the saddledome:

snipped from today's herald

Fans can only buy second-round playoff tickets, for Games 3 and 4 (April 27 and April 29), by:

- Purchasing new season tickets or game packs for next year by Friday at 8 p.m. -- which ensures fans can buy one ticket to one game for each season ticket purchased, up to a maximum of two tickets;

calgaryflames.com or ticketmaster.ca beginning at noon Saturday. Maximum two tickets per order; or

- Entering a random draw at all Calgary Sport Chek locations. Ballots are available in the Herald beginning today. Entries close at noon Friday, with a list of draw winners to be published in the Herald and at Sport Chek locations on Saturday.

davidI
04-21-2004, 12:06 PM
I got offered a ticket by a lady who I used to babysit for right behind the goal judge for game 3. :)

If the puck gets even close to the net I'm gonna yell goal so hopefully the goal judge flinches and hits the button :D

sputnik
04-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Thats a GREAT idea! Should cut down on those idiots selling the rush seating tickets for $150 each.

Stratus_Power
04-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by davidI

If the puck gets even close to the net I'm gonna yell goal so hopefully the goal judge flinches and hits the button :D

or you can throw your jacket out onto the ice to try to stop a goal like those retarded canucks fans :P

kiwi
04-21-2004, 12:35 PM
It's also to prevent the fiasco from line-ups & camping out overnight...

davidI
04-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

or you can throw your jacket out onto the ice to try to stop a goal like those retarded canucks fans :P

Yea, but that would be like exclaiming my homosexuality to 20 000 hockey fans! ;)

Ajay
04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by davidI

Yea, but that would be like exclaiming my homosexuality to 20 000 hockey fans! ;)

:rofl:

Xtrema
04-21-2004, 04:10 PM
I can see people are starting to create 20 different profiles at ticketmaster.ca. How are they gonna enforce 2 tickets/account?

If done by credit card number, I can get at least 10 tickets via my 5 cards and 5 profiles @ ticketmaster.

By address? I have 4 addresses and a P.O box where I can receive mail.

And won't this put fans without internet access or not internet savy out in the rain?

I just can't see why this is better except the power is now transferred to techno savy geeks to horde the tickets instead of hooligans. (Although I'm not really complaining since I may make some $$$ out of this)

I think what's really fair? After all the season ticket and game pack holders are done buying. The rest of the seat should've gone lottery style like the Sport Chek system.

davidI
04-21-2004, 04:30 PM
If the tickets sell out as fast as they previously have, techno savy geeks won't have enough time to horde tickets through multiple accounts. Sure you might have time to buy 4 tickets but I don't think that's a huge issue. I think it's a good idea because they're getting more pre-sold ticket sales out of next year and this will prevent the 'riot' type violence I've seen in the line-ups!

Kobe
04-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I can see people are starting to create 20 different profiles at ticketmaster.ca. How are they gonna enforce 2 tickets/account?

If done by credit card number, I can get at least 10 tickets via my 5 cards and 5 profiles @ ticketmaster.

By address? I have 4 addresses and a P.O box where I can receive mail.

And won't this put fans without internet access or not internet savy out in the rain?

I just can't see why this is better except the power is now transferred to techno savy geeks to horde the tickets instead of hooligans. (Although I'm not really complaining since I may make some $$$ out of this)

I think what's really fair? After all the season ticket and game pack holders are done buying. The rest of the seat should've gone lottery style like the Sport Chek system.

There is also gunna be twice as many tickets on sale..becuase its for game 3 and 4, But They cant check threw the postal code becuase the your block has the postal code.. I think there just going 2 check about Credit card and address, there is no other way they can check...O well i already have 2 accounts on there :) for 2 different address... Hopefully my refresh button is working good saturday hahaha :)

TomTom
04-21-2004, 05:14 PM
ya if you double book on your visa the 2nd one gets canceled

88CRX
04-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
(I may make some $$$ out of this)

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

boooooo :thumbsdow

A_3
04-21-2004, 07:11 PM
personally i think the line was part of the experience, alot of people go screwed but it was alot of fun. This way you're pretty much screwed if you don't go the internet or a credit card... i was looking forward to another good tail gater!

tulit
04-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah no kidding. I was all set to camp out all night. Its fun.

Now I'm stuck wondering if I'll be even able to get tickets. And even if I do, how do I know if my friends will? Going in big groups is way more fun.

They should sell half online/lottery, the other half first come first serve. That way everyones happy (those that cry about having to line up, and those like me that want to be guaranteed tickets).

colinderksen
04-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

boooooo :thumbsdow

Big time :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
I wanted to stroke out a couple plugs at the game trying to scalp their Sport Check tickets for $200, they eventually got $100 per ticket.
That is fucken rude to buy more tickets then you need and sell them way over priced. I know people that were waiting in line for like 10 hours over night and didnt get tickets because people were buying more than they needed to try and make money.
:thumbsdow

CKY
04-22-2004, 12:49 AM
well another reason they're doing this is because it would ensure the next seasons crowd attendance therefore having more money resigning/signing better players (KIPPER!!!)