PDA

View Full Version : school broke my windshild

Moe Man
04-21-2004, 04:40 PM
ok so the gym class was playing base ball right next to my car:nut: and some kid though he was babe ruth or some thing and shot it at my windsheild (not on purpose). anyway they call my name to the office and tell me to go see the P.E office and i go in there and ask them what happen to my car and they tell me it got hit....anyways they tell me to check with my insurance and see if i have windsheild coverage and then me to check with my insurance. i tell them my insurance will go higher and so i dont want to go threw insurance.

they are expacting me to go in tomoro and see what is going to happen.

i want to make the school pay for it not the student....does anyone know what i should do or tell them tomoro :dunno:

ninjak84
04-21-2004, 04:44 PM
if the ball had hit an oncoming car on the street and killed someone, the school is liable for it.
no different for your car.
tell them you've gotten legal advice, you know the law, and you want it repaired as soon as possible
i know at my old high school, we had an auto shop anyway. they can easily fix it and get the parts at cost.

good luck!

hjr
04-21-2004, 04:46 PM
well i think the schools insurance should cover it. would they expect a teacher to pay? probably not, so you may not have to either. It was legitimately parked on school property right?
On the other hand, there may be a sit. where you are forced to pay. i say stay calm and work out a deal with them. I know if shit happened to my car at the university lot i would be responsible for damages, not the school (IIRC)

Moe Man
04-21-2004, 04:58 PM
ya it is on school property,can they make tyhe student pay for it

or is it the schools responsibilty because the teacher told them to play there?

cman
04-21-2004, 11:12 PM
they will probably say you park there at your own risk.

JAYMEZ
04-21-2004, 11:14 PM
^^ na they cant say that , what if it was an old persons car , they arent gonna try and pull " well you were parked there , your fault..... "Get the school to pay for it.:thumbsup:

Roadrage
04-21-2004, 11:17 PM
There is some sort of agreement between school and student that if they park there it's at the student's risk. No different then with teacher.

Inthered
04-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Dude, change the title of your post! It should read: "Babe Ruth smashed my window". :rofl:

ALI BABA
04-22-2004, 03:15 AM
Snap at them and u'll get what u want :thumbsup:

Road_Head
04-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ALI BABA
Snap at them and u'll get what u want :thumbsup:

Yelling gets you no-where. Do you think that the teachers in his school will be intimiated by a teenager yelling at them?

Im sure they want to be as helpful as possible, but if the school dosnt need to pay for it dont expect them to.

Most places have signs to protects their ass's. If there are signs that say "Park at Own Risk" then you are pretty much screwed.

I hope everything works out for you Moe Man.

ZorroAMG
04-22-2004, 11:31 AM
yeah Road head is right if they absolve themselves of vehicular responsibility through signage, you will be repsonsible...no signs and they should have to pay

Seanith
04-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Thats kinda messed they would try to make you put it on your insurance. bastards.

Moe Man
04-22-2004, 11:38 PM
so i talked to my teacher and after argueing a bit and threatend to get legal advice he go on the phone.......

friday they are going to come to my school and change my window in the parking lot......the reason they are doing this is becaues i told them if you take me car i need a curticy car to drive. so they agreed to do it at school with my supervision also :thumbsup:

i was being the biggest asshole to them, i got a kick out of it :rofl:

oh well, now i get a new windshield ( my origanal one just cracked a few weeks ago too):bigpimp:

redline_13000
04-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Good, I bet if you accidentely hit the school window with the baseball they would make you pay. Thats how most places are at least:thumbsdow

GorG
04-22-2004, 11:48 PM
yo i guarantee you if you had nothing better to do, you could sue the school for it and win! :D, but dont do that it will take to much time, just bitch and complain and they will pay up good luck :thumbsup:

davidI
04-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by GorG
yo i guarantee you if you had nothing better to do, you could sue the school for it and win! :D, but dont do that it will take to much time, just bitch and complain and they will pay up good luck :thumbsup:

yo i guarantee you if you read the post you'd know he already got the school to pay for it. :thumbsup:

Kamen
04-23-2004, 03:14 AM
:rofl:

Road_Head
04-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by davidI

yo i guarantee you if you read the post you'd know he already got the school to pay for it. :thumbsup:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahahah

Back to the topic, good job Moe Man. Happy to hear everything worked out for the best.

Moe Man
04-23-2004, 02:50 PM
ya shit the teacher told me that they have to do it monday cuz they are shiping it from edmonton :thumbsdow

i dont care much, oh and my teacher told me it is going to cost them 280 bux

oh and if i get a ticket for a cracked wndshield can i make the school pay for that too :thumbsup: ( even thow i got like a 2% chance that will happen) ?

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Good to know you are getting if fixed, but don’t try to take advantage of the situation....

This is another case I hate hearing about... it goes to prove, if you're nice, you get shit on, if you get angry and belligerent you get your way... I understand it was your only option, but I just wish it did not have to be that way.

Moe Man
04-23-2004, 06:16 PM
no but put your self in my place say you got pulled over and the officer said oh i am giving you a ticket for your windshield being cracked ( it is possiable) what would you do ?

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 06:18 PM
tell him it just happend and you ahve an appointment to get it fixed on monday, most of them are understanding...

and if not then goto the cp after and take your teacher, he'll vouch for you and they'll rip it up.

yohan4ws
04-23-2004, 07:00 PM
exactly ... you've already got the appt. booked so I wouldn't worry .. and a post here on beyond as proof .. no worries.. plus the CP should take a teachers word as an honest thing ... they do have credibility within the municipality .. .

chiddy deal but worked out good in the end, way to go :thumbsup:

Do you get to keep the baseball and get it autographed by "ruth" ?

Moe Man
04-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by yohan4ws
exactly ... you've already got the appt. booked so I wouldn't worry .. and a post here on beyond as proof .. no worries.. plus the CP should take a teachers word as an honest thing ... they do have credibility within the municipality .. .

chiddy deal but worked out good in the end, way to go :thumbsup:

Do you get to keep the baseball and get it autographed by "ruth" ?

lol i wish :rofl:

fast95pony
04-24-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by yohan4ws
you've already got the appt. booked .. and a post here on beyond as proof .. no worries

Yep ! A post on Beyond has gotta be true....

:rofl: :rofl:

Hehe...;)

Chrisw
04-26-2004, 01:22 AM
as far as the ticket.......you cant make the school pay....they didnt force you to drive the car.....therefor the ticket is not their fault....if you chose to drive it until monday...your fault....so watch out.

Moe Man
04-26-2004, 09:24 PM
now they are being assholes they told me friday it will be here monday and now monday comes a long and they tell me they have to get it from edmonton so it will be here tuesday (duhhh you told me that is was gonna be here monday) anyways i have to get my strut bushings in tuesday and i have to leave my car at the mech shop and at the same time they say the window is commin tuesday....

i am so pisssed i swere i was soposed to take me jeep to the dealership to get a part put it friday but i told them i have to get a window put in my car friday, so i will bring my jeep in monday, friday they tell me monday we will put your windshield in so i tell the jeep dealership i will come tuesday,now i have to call the jeep dealership and tell them wedsday i will come and get the part put in.....all because my school is dumb

now i have to take my car to school tomoro and find out when the people are comming to put my windshield in and then i have to arange time to get my bushing put in my car...fuck i am pissed

sexualbanana
04-28-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Moe Man

oh and if i get a ticket for a cracked wndshield can i make the school pay for that too :thumbsup: ( even thow i got like a 2% chance that will happen) ?

You're still obligated to mitigate damages, meaning you are still responsible for minimizing any damages that have occurred. In this case your windshield. Like Chris said, you're not oblgated to drive, so they're not gonna cover the ticket.