PDA

View Full Version : Quad Turbo

Vanilla_AMG
04-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Is it possible to have quad Turbo on a car. Two main Turbo's and two smaller ones to kickstart (so to speak) the other two Turbo's? If so how do u connect this all up?

ZorroAMG
04-22-2004, 01:33 AM
dunno but the Bugatti EB110 was/is quad turbocharged...start there perhaps

EK 2.0
04-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Vanilla_AMG
Is it possible to have quad Turbo on a car. Two main Turbo's and two smaller ones to kickstart (so to speak) the other two Turbo's? If so how do u connect this all up?

it is doable, ith the cash flow man...it would be like running in independant motors though...you would set up each bank of cylinders as if you are only working that bank and equipping it with a twin sequential set-up...why you would wanna though is beyond me...

If you search this forum there are pics and maybe links to a few motors with quad set-ups...

rage2
04-22-2004, 08:54 AM
This is my baby and these are the modifications :

I removed the Supercharger and replaced with T6 Hybrid rollaball Turbo
Then I had the block re-bored from 5.5L to 5.9L
Ported, polished and gass-flowed the head
Put in Racing cams, 2 x 295 degree
Add launch control
Racing clutch and gear box
Oversized valves and Knifed the crank
And weight reduction.....

I'm running about 875bhps....I wanna run 900bhps

The Tyres and body is stock (need a bit more $$$$$)

Here's my site :
http://www.geocities.com/squirt422/sl55amg.html

I've since then added a second Turbo and turbo timer as well as looking into Nitros Injection. I'll keep u guy's posted!
Hey Vanilla_AMG, can you give me more info on your car? Got any pics? Your site only has pictures of a bone stock SL55 amg. I know the Renntech guys pretty well (they're on the board actually) and they've never heard of such a project.

What EFI system are you using? Since very few ppl have access to the MB/Bosch ME EFI system to run proper fuel and timing curves.

Interesting that you added a clutch in an auto car... but wait, you got a racing gearbox... but they should have clutchless operation anyways...

Looking to hear back about this interesting project. Kinda funny you ran out of money. :nut:.

Ahh... to be 12 again...

Vanilla_AMG
04-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Hey Vanilla_AMG, can you give me more info on your car? Got any pics? Your site only has pictures of a bone stock SL55 amg. I know the Renntech guys pretty well (they're on the board actually) and they've never heard of such a project.

What EFI system are you using? Since very few ppl have access to the MB/Bosch ME EFI system to run proper fuel and timing curves.

Interesting that you added a clutch in an auto car... but wait, you got a racing gearbox... but they should have clutchless operation anyways...

Looking to hear back about this interesting project. Kinda funny you ran out of money. :nut:.

Ahh... to be 12 again...

My Mechanic did the conversion for me....I'll chat to him and let u know. Yeah I thought I had enough money to do what I wanted, but hey we all gotta learn sometime. Another thing I stay in South Africa so it was a mission to import all the parts. I'll get back to u.

ZorroAMG
04-22-2004, 09:58 AM
ahahahahahahahahahaha. pwnz0r3d.

I don't see how you'd remove the supercharger (bringing the HP down to probably 300) bore it out to 5.9 (making what 400HP) and then net 375 more from a only a single turbo....hmmmmm

Oh and if you go to the site "your car" is the Jetta..what gives?

EK 2.0
04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Dude got pwnz0r3d hard hey...OUCH...I dont thnk he will be making many more posts...

Vanilla_AMG
04-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
ahahahahahahahahahaha. pwnz0r3d.

I don't see how you'd remove the supercharger (bringing the HP down to probably 300) bore it out to 5.9 (making what 400HP) and then net 375 more from a only a single turbo....hmmmmm

Oh and if you go to the site "your car" is the Jetta..what gives?

Good point...but take a look at this link from the website :
http://www.geocities.com/squirt422/sl55amg.html ( That might help )
Yeah I know the single Turbo was a pain that's why I added a second :-) makes a bit more of a difference wouldn't u say? Oh and I removed the supercharger cause I wanted to be different and c what else I can get outta that monster.

C4S
04-23-2004, 01:09 AM
:confused: :confused: What the ...

I think I am the only one removed the Turbo from my F40, and add a supercharge and a 8 speed automatic into it ... you even go further ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RickDaTuner
04-23-2004, 01:29 AM
I wanna be Friend with that Guy!

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 01:56 AM

Good point...but take a look at this link from the website :
http://www.geocities.com/squirt422/sl55amg.html ( That might help )
Yeah I know the single Turbo was a pain that's why I added a second :-) makes a bit more of a difference wouldn't u say? Oh and I removed the supercharger cause I wanted to be different and c what else I can get outta that monster.

Yeah so what? All I see on the website is your Jetta and a male dating service pic.

Vanilla_AMG
04-23-2004, 02:00 AM

Yeah so what? All I see on the website is your Jetta and a male dating service pic.

OK let me help u out....I am Fritz. Is that a bit better. My friend created that website and the red Jetta is her's. U...N...D...E...R...S...T...A...N...D?

IntegraG2
04-23-2004, 02:07 AM
what a funny thread.....:D

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 02:16 AM
Fritz the cat?

IntegraG2
04-23-2004, 02:17 AM
:drama:

Vanilla_AMG
04-23-2004, 02:38 AM
Fritz the cat?

LOL :poosie:

Like the movie :D

redline
04-23-2004, 08:11 AM
what is a rollaball turbo? is that a turbo for high rollaz? If your car has 875 can we see a dyno chart?

rice_eater
04-23-2004, 09:17 AM
not till he gets to 900:rofl: hell even an under the hood pic would shut us all up. till then...

C4S
04-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Anyway .. he is from where .. south africa ? whatever .. :dunno: none of us Calgarian business....we just care about "Detriot" people now .. :D

rage2
04-23-2004, 06:38 PM
I dunno why you PM'd me instead of replying here...

Vanilla_AMG wrote on 04-23-2004 12:28 AM:
Hey man I spoke to my mechanic and he said that he left the standard EFI system because it's got one injector per cylinder and he said it was good enough.
Yeah I hate auto gear boxes, I like to have contraol of my power and it's more fun to impress the people with burnouts. I'm thinking of adding a triptronic gearbox but I'm not sure if the launch control will work with that box. Gotta do some research.

Cheers

Interesting... stock EFI with stock injectors and 875hp. If that's what your mechanic really said it's ok cuz its got 1 injector per cylinder, tell him to send me some of that crack he's smoking, I wouldn't mind a hit.... that is if there really is a mechanic!

Flame away folks haha.

unreal-
04-23-2004, 06:59 PM
[BS Mode]

First of all, what kind of injectors are you using? (size)

- A T6 turbo doesnt exist. Maybe a T60? but those max at about 600. A 900hp turbo would be (ex. Turbonetics T72 or Garrett GT40R+)

- racing clutch, where'd you get the manual conversion?

- what did you use for the stroker?

- Why no engine pics?

- If you have the $$ for a 900hp benz, could you get a decent camera?

- What engine management? I presume standalone?

[end bs mode]

962 kid
04-23-2004, 07:44 PM
haha I don't know why you guys even bother

rage2
04-24-2004, 01:34 AM
Because it's fun catching them in lies, especially when it's THIS easy! :rofl:

EK 2.0
04-24-2004, 08:19 AM
My DSM, I was wondering if we could do a 6-Snail Set-Up, I propose a turbo for each cylinder, and 2 more for good measure, cause my mechanic now says, that a set of Silvia 350cc Injectors and a Hyundai Accent Fuel pump will be sufficient for that set-up, as right now the tri turbo set-up, just isnt doing it for me, cause 689hp and the wheels on a 1-wheel drive Dyno, doesnt turn my crank anymore...

If Rage2 you could respond and let me know what I need I would appreicate it, I was even thinking about swapping IN an auto tranny, to make it more reliable...PLUS my Mechanic said that by adding the Auto it would make my car lighter...

:D

962 kid
04-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
My DSM, I was wondering if we could do a 6-Snail Set-Up, I propose a turbo for each cylinder, and 2 more for good measure, cause my mechanic now says, that a set of Silvia 350cc Injectors and a Hyundai Accent Fuel pump will be sufficient for that set-up, as right now the tri turbo set-up, just isnt doing it for me, cause 689hp and the wheels on a 1-wheel drive Dyno, doesnt turn my crank anymore...

If Rage2 you could respond and let me know what I need I would appreicate it, I was even thinking about swapping IN an auto tranny, to make it more reliable...PLUS my Mechanic said that by adding the Auto it would make my car lighter...

:D

dude! you can't use turbos, thats unoriginal. You gotta use a roots blower and a centrifical supercharger.... duh. And with an auto, you have no control over the tranny, youd best be swapping in an enzo paddleshifter transmission, the cf paddles will also save some weight

EK 2.0
04-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid

dude! you can't use turbos, thats unoriginal. You gotta use a roots blower and a centrifical supercharger.... duh. And with an auto, you have no control over the tranny, youd best be swapping in an enzo paddleshifter transmission, the cf paddles will also save some weight

see, I had debated on the CF Paddles, BUT, I thought them to be too ricey...what do I do??

962 kid
04-24-2004, 09:50 AM

see, I had debated on the CF Paddles, BUT, I thought them to be too ricey...what do I do??

I think the only feasible solution here is to weld the crankshaft right onto the driveshaft and get rid of all the AWD stuff. hows that for originality

Ridelikeme
04-24-2004, 02:18 PM
haha this is awsome... who actually wastes there time lying about a car they dont have.. and hey did u guys ever think of a super charger and turbo charger combo... just think hp and torque gain throughout the entire power band, plus the added bonus of higher power gains at high rpm.... why not throw a Iv-tech system in the shitmix

rage2
04-24-2004, 02:28 PM
There's a lot easier routes to make 900hp in a SL. Renntech has made 1000hp in the SL/S/CL600 twin turbo V12 motors. Their ECU upgrades is limited to 600whp though...

Originally posted by RENNtech Ken
What is really nuts is that 1000hp/ and tq is possible. The transmission is the weak link.

A_3
04-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ridelikeme
haha this is awsome... who actually wastes there time lying about a car they dont have.. and hey did u guys ever think of a super charger and turbo charger combo... just think hp and torque gain throughout the entire power band, plus the added bonus of higher power gains at high rpm.... why not throw a Iv-tech system in the shitmix

You mean a twin charge... it's been done, takes alot of room but if you have the mons why not. There was an AE86 for sale on this site that was twin charged... sweeeet car!

iceburns288
04-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Hmm... aren't Tiptronic's Porsche trannys? I could swear I was at a Porsche dealership yesterday...:drama:

I think we need more fun threads like this one.

BTW I put new rims on the Yukon, which gave me another 120hp (give or take a few) and brings it up to around 660HP. I'm talking to my mechanic, who says he can put six turbos in (one for each cylinder, duh guys) to bring it up to 7000HP. I just ran out of money, so I couldn't afford the rockets shooting out of the headlights, so I settled for a giant ogre that lives in the back seat (so the rims don't get stolen)

Hollywood
04-25-2004, 01:17 AM
295 duration is retarted and would not be streetable, power would be in the last 2000rpms or less, and would not idle without standalone help, since he did not list a standalone but of all things lists launch control instead....

people are loosers!

Hollywood
04-25-2004, 01:20 AM
PS stupid fakers should be banned so they dont make a new username and we cant make fun of them anymore.

rage2
04-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288
Hmm... aren't Tiptronic's Porsche trannys? I could swear I was at a Porsche dealership yesterday...:drama:
Actually, that's just a name. Speedshift/Touchshift for Mercedes, Tiptronic for Porsche, and Autostick for Chrysler. Quite a few of the Porsche "Tiptronic" gearboxes are in fact the Mercedes 5 speed auto boxes, as are some of the Chrysler Autostick boxes.

Which means Vanilla_AMG went and removed his Mercedes Speedshift gearbox, replaced it with a racing clutch and racing tranny, and is planning on replacing with a Porsche Tiptronic box, which is in fact a Mercedes Speedshift gearbox :rofl:.

C4S
04-25-2004, 09:46 PM
:D :D

Vanilla_AMG disappear already ! :rofl: I don't think he amkes anystory anymore ..

may be .. there will be a Vanilla_Porsche, or Vanilla_M or Vanilla_Ferrari soon ! :angel:

Vanilla_AMG
04-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by C4S
:D :D

Vanilla_AMG disappear already ! :rofl: I don't think he amkes anystory anymore ..

may be .. there will be a Vanilla_Porsche, or Vanilla_M or Vanilla_Ferrari soon ! :angel:

How origional, actually I had a weekend. I only post from work. Don't worry guy's I'll please all of u soon. :-)

EK 2.0
04-26-2004, 12:35 AM

How origional, actually I had a weekend. I only post from work. Don't worry guy's I'll please all of u soon. :-)

What, why not now, have to "google" some pics off of the world wide web??:dunno:

Vanilla_AMG
04-26-2004, 12:39 AM

What, why not now, have to "google" some pics off of the world wide web??:dunno:

If that's what u do then go right ahead. What must I suck pic's outta my thumb to please u? So me a favour.....tell me why I need to convince u that I drive a SL55 AMG? If u want proof then come to South Africa! I'll post the pic's and dyno when I get them.

rage2
04-26-2004, 01:54 AM
Well seeing as you only posted pics of 2 bone stock SL55's... it leads us to wonder where all your magic mods come from. And the mod list... like I said, it's garbage. Some of the things you say don't make sense at all :nut:

I've done extensive work on some of my cars, and have documented and posted pics of each mod. I never posted stock pics of other ppl's cars and claim to have triple the hp. I'd be posting pics left and right of all the complex headers involved in single turboing a SL55.

RickDaTuner
04-26-2004, 02:50 AM
wel at least hes going down still throwin punches. but truth is you should know when to throw in the towel

the thing that surprises me the most is that some one who has done that much work to thier car should at least be coherent with what actaully needs to be done to get more performance out of your car..

the moment you came on here and said that you had a snail on your SL55 and then asked how to add 4 turbos to it was a dead give away...

its cool that you like that car, its a nice car but hey man just cuz your on the internet doesnt mean you can bull shit everyone and then have them believe you....

http://www.sportscarforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=944

mabey the guys on that website are eating up what you say, but not here man, just Tuck tail and never look back or you can just come clean, some of th members might make fun of you but in the end you took back your dignity and started over..

Vanilla_AMG
04-26-2004, 03:17 AM
Actually I was looking for advice regarding the Quad Turbo thing. I can c that I am once again at the wrong place. Sorry guy's neva ment to hurt your feelings. I'll be posting my dyno on my site soon, so I'll let u guy's know. Wh ydoes my car have to look fast to be fast. "I not a ricer!" It's cool to run me down cause I don't know what was done to my car, I'm not a mechanic. But belive what u want, I aint gonna have sleepless night's over this. One last thing "Julle ma's is a klomp naaiers"!

Give me a call when u in SA

962 kid
04-26-2004, 07:37 AM
Actually I was looking for advice regarding the Quad Turbo thing. I can c that I am once again at the wrong place. Sorry guy's neva ment to hurt your feelings. I'll be posting my dyno on my site soon, so I'll let u guy's know. Wh ydoes my car have to look fast to be fast. "I not a ricer!" It's cool to run me down cause I don't know what was done to my car, I'm not a mechanic. But belive what u want, I aint gonna have sleepless night's over this. One last thing "Julle ma's is a klomp naaiers"!

Give me a call when u in SA

you got your advice on the first few posts in this thread. Your not in the wrong place, your doing things the wrong way by lying about your car. Wheres your site? I thought that one you posted earlier was your friends:confused:

http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=572832

anyone want to see how long it takes to find this on google?

Vanilla_AMG
04-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Okay it's her site with my car on it. So I call it my site, maybe I should say my web page cause it's dedicated to me. Damn how simple do I gotta talk for everyone to understand? Oh so you've seen my car.....so sorry there buddy. So I'll be posting my dyno sheet on the web page dedicated to me by my friend (is that better) if anyone is interested then u can have a look.

Strider
04-26-2004, 08:54 AM

If that's what u do then go right ahead. What must I suck pic's outta my thumb to please u? So me a favour.....tell me why I need to convince u that I drive a SL55 AMG? If u want proof then come to South Africa! I'll post the pic's and dyno when I get them.

You can start by posting an engine pic of your "turbo AMG"...

rage2
04-26-2004, 09:00 AM
I'll be posting my dyno on my site soon, so I'll let u guy's know.
Hey man, here's my dyno sheet from my turbo civic I just built. It's got quad turbos and quad injectors (1 injector per cylinder, it's good enough!) with stock EFI. What do you think?

Hollywood
04-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Okay it's her site with my car on it. So I call it my site, maybe I should say my web page cause it's dedicated to me. Damn how simple do I gotta talk for everyone to understand? Oh so you've seen my car.....so sorry there buddy. So I'll be posting my dyno sheet on the web page dedicated to me by my friend (is that better) if anyone is interested then u can have a look.

Shut us all up then with a pic of your engine bay?

You know what if people were telling me I was lying about whats in my car, the first thing I would do is post a pic of my engine bay with my face in it.

But since we have accused you a while ago you would have posted a pic by now, istead of telling us ur not a mechanic 50 times, and saying your leaving!

Also you say ur at the wrong site, maybe this site is too good cause we are smart enough to tell when someone is lying about tuned cars.

C ya sucker!

Skyline_Addict
04-27-2004, 01:35 AM

Actually, that's just a name. Speedshift/Touchshift for Mercedes, Tiptronic for Porsche, and Autostick for Chrysler. Quite a few of the Porsche "Tiptronic" gearboxes are in fact the Mercedes 5 speed auto boxes, as are some of the Chrysler Autostick boxes.

Which means Vanilla_AMG went and removed his Mercedes Speedshift gearbox, replaced it with a racing clutch and racing tranny, and is planning on replacing with a Porsche Tiptronic box, which is in fact a Mercedes Speedshift gearbox :rofl:.

and sequential sport shift in acuras!:thumbsup:

redline
04-27-2004, 08:37 AM

Hey man, here's my dyno sheet from my turbo civic I just built. It's got quad turbos and quad injectors (1 injector per cylinder, it's good enough!) with stock EFI. What do you think?

baller!:burnout: :burnout: :bigpimp: :hitit:

Do you have a rollaball turbo in that bad boy?