PDA

View Full Version : Car owner vs. Car make

africano
04-22-2004, 12:43 AM
This might sound strange............
But I was helping this really nice customer carry a 24' ladder to his car, a Mazda. When I thought to myself, everyone I know who drive a mazda is a really nice person.

So I start thinking some more, is there a connection to the brand of car a person drives and the person themselves. Unique cars like RX-7 with their rotary's oviously would attract a certain type of person. And the Bow-Tie loving Big Block powered ships are really practical , so a certain psychological attraction must make a person pick the car they did.:dunno: rambling fun

Ducati
04-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Then I, having owned 48 different cars and a couple trucks, over the years, must be Clinically Schizoid?

86max
04-22-2004, 09:52 AM
I think theres a lot of truth in that, but there will always be exceptions.;)

1badPT
04-22-2004, 10:06 AM
I believe the type of car you buy depends a lot on your personality, so naturally there will be some things in common with owners of a particular vehicle. That might explain why some cars have very avid owner's clubs - my car owner's club holds two major cruises each year (one to Niagara Falls, Ontario and the other to St. Louis Missouri).

euro tang
04-22-2004, 10:24 AM
I think its got a some to do with where your from and how you were raised, for eg. a redneck would probly like to drive a big ass truck or a motor home instead of a miata. Thats just my two cents.

hjr
04-22-2004, 11:01 AM
nurture over nature.

but that doesnt mean too much in this perticular case. If i liked what my dad was into. i would have a camaro or trans am or something.

Road_Head
04-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by euro tang
I think its got a some to do with where your from and how you were raised, for eg. a redneck would probly like to drive a big ass truck or a motor home instead of a miata. Thats just my two cents.

Thats not necessarily true. I was raised in a very small community, I drive an RX7.

I though I was the only one who really notices stuff like this.

Another thing i've noticed, is that ALMOST all grown men who drive RX7's are married to asian women. Maybe this is to help them get parts cheaper or something.

ZorroAMG
04-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Haha, I LOVE Mercedes-Benz.....what does that make me?

EK 2.0
04-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

a gold-digger...:D

DonJuan
04-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
It make you have a small wiener! ah ha!:rofl: i'm just kiddin dude

CSMRX7
04-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Road_Head

Thats not necessarily true. I was raised in a very small community, I drive an RX7.

I though I was the only one who really notices stuff like this.

Another thing i've noticed, is that ALMOST all grown men who drive RX7's are married to asian women. Maybe this is to help them get parts cheaper or something.

I am not maried to an asian woman, but I do like asian women so I guess there is something true with that.

Oh and in Colorado people who own RX7 seem to be into high-tech stuff in general, and Twin Turbo Supra owners all seem to be System Administrators.

ZorroAMG
04-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

It make you have a small wiener! ah ha!:rofl: i'm just kiddin dude

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Y'all WISH that was true. :tongue: