PDA

View Full Version : Eight-tenths of a second before death

Mercman
04-22-2004, 03:58 AM
This is not a joke..it is a real story but it sound as a joke.
http://viral.richmediastudio.com/media/Real_thunderbird.htm

ALI BABA
04-22-2004, 04:06 AM
Damn that guy was lucky to survive .....and how ignorant can someone be no to know things about altitude and shit like that before even performing it infront of hundreds of people.

$20.4 million:eek:

He made his calculation based on an incorrect mean-sea-level altitude of the airfield.

what an idiot

RickDaTuner
04-22-2004, 05:43 AM
im shure there is more to this than is being said.
knowing the difference between main sea level and above ground pressure is rudamentry when it come to pilots and them doing thier pre flights.

im shure what ever the barometric pressure that was posted at that time was incorect, its not like they just climb in thier cockpits turns some knobs and if it looks right they are good to go

when i did my Ground school training, it was one of the most emphaised details that we looked at resetting your alitmeter is pretty much essential before you take off

xkon
04-22-2004, 08:12 AM
hmmm... by the picture that looks like an embarrassing and costly mistake for that pilot

91rss
04-22-2004, 09:47 AM
There is also a lag in the response coming down in altimeters.He would have ground proximity and radar altimeter as well to tell him.and the field altitude should have been confirmed on run ups.I trained in the military and they are crazy with checks..

hjr
04-22-2004, 11:03 AM
this is not car talk. take it to the photo/vid section

legereandrew4
04-22-2004, 02:29 PM
least he put his life on line to make sure he got the plane away from spectators... got to give him credit, but yea dumb shit happens