PDA

View Full Version : Car crash in Oahu

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-22-2004, 10:35 AM
I didn't personally encounter this, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. This is why I don't street race! I'll just add a link that has the complete story, but basicaly two Eclipses are street racing and crash into a road maintenance truck. 4 people died. Go here for a more complete story http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149752

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-22-2004, 10:35 AM

Dj_Stylz
04-22-2004, 10:40 AM
wow

C4S
04-22-2004, 11:02 AM
:( so sad .. nowaday teenage ... sigh ... :(

roopi
04-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Look like they were military people as well. You'd think they would have a little more respect for the law.

hjr
04-22-2004, 11:06 AM
owned

(but sad for the truck's passenger)

rage2
04-22-2004, 11:23 AM
I met the driver of that 2G eclipse when I was in hawaii on vacation. I was asking him where there's good racing to watch, and he pointed out some places where I might catch some street racing. Talk about a small world.

buh_buh
04-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by C4S
:( so sad .. nowaday teenage ... sigh ... :( how do you know its a teenager?:rolleyes:

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-22-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
how do you know its a teenager?:rolleyes:

Infact "The driver of the second Eclipse also was killed and the passenger in that car was in stable condition, Donohue said. Both men were soldiers stationed at Schofield Barracks, although their names were not released by Army officials yesterday.

Pearl City police Capt. Stephen Kim said both cars were registered to military owners." from original artical

Just goes to show it's not just teenagers guilty of street racing... But stereotypically, you're right.. it is mostly teenagers. I know for me I've just grown more and more out of it as I've gotten older, as well I feel the need to be a little more responsible on the road (since there seems to be enough idiots already on the road) and frankly I care about my car too much!

xkon
04-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Look like they were military people as well. You'd think they would have a little more respect for the law.

:werd: i know a guy who, when stationed in germany, got pissed and smashed his porsche into a house at high speed... he was hiding in a field while the MP's where searching for him... he was not very popular there after that

Orbie
04-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Spyderman_MaryJ

Infact "The driver of the second Eclipse also was killed and the passenger in that car was in stable condition, Donohue said. Both men were soldiers stationed at Schofield Barracks, although their names were not released by Army officials yesterday.

Pearl City police Capt. Stephen Kim said both cars were registered to military owners." from original artical

Just goes to show it's not just teenagers guilty of street racing... But stereotypically, you're right.. it is mostly teenagers. I know for me I've just grown more and more out of it as I've gotten older, as well I feel the need to be a little more responsible on the road (since there seems to be enough idiots already on the road) and frankly I care about my car too much!

They might not actually be teenagers, but they sure have the mentality and maturity of one! still though it's never good to hear about stuff like this one way or the other.