PDA

View Full Version : Auto Body suggestions.....

eb0i
04-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Washed my car on monday and hand dried it, noticed nothing on my car. Then today I washed it and dried it again but this time I noticed a friggen GOUGE a foot and a half long on the bumper part just right underneath the driverside head light. the bumper is plastic and the gouge is not only long but deep.

Stupid thing is I park inside the garage at home and only have taken it out twice this week to a public place because I'm sitting at home studying for finals.

Now the gouge stands out like a sore thumb and is very visible from very far away. Can I get it buffed down and repainted? Or can that not be done with a plastic bumper? And if not does that mean I have to replace the whole thing?

Thanks.

autobodygal
04-22-2004, 08:17 PM
If the gouge is into the bumper plastic it can be repaired then repainted, if it is only through the paint it can be repainted. No need to replace entire bumper.

eb0i
04-22-2004, 08:47 PM
yeah it's deep into the plastic of the bumper.

any recommendations on good body shops to get this done?

autobodygal
04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Sorry live in Regina, can't recommend any shops in Calgary. Someone on this site will be able to though. :thumbsup:

ntv1980
04-23-2004, 01:16 PM
There's this place call Contemporary, good work but that place is expensive since they're often do the works covered by insurance. You can go there to have them check it out and get a free quote from them to see how high the price can go. Somebody on this board will definitely know other places for good quality & good $$

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Try Exotic Cars International, they do great work but you have to be patient, since they book up fast... You do no have to replace the bumper, they can fix it to like new shape.