PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have owned a J-body? (I know your out there!)

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Hey, I'm sure some of you have owned one of these fine automobiles in the past. be it a first car or a winter beater I was just wondering how many people have been touched by a J-body?

Sunfire/Sunbird/Cavalier/Cimmaron(Ihope not)/J2000?

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 09:20 AM
What's a j-body?:confused:

;)

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 09:22 AM
i have owned 4-5 and killed em all :D

i consiter it a public service

:rofl:

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro
i have owned 4-5 and killed em all :D

i consiter it a public service

:rofl:

come over some time and i give you a grammar lesson, I'll consider that a public service.

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

come over some time and i give you a grammar lesson, I'll consider that a public service.

yer so hardcore,

gotta love the guys that cant come up with anything better than insulting grammar

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 09:31 AM

Ummm then shouldn't you have said "and I WILL give you a grammar..."

Maybe you both should split the cost of the tutor. :tongue:

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 09:33 AM
I was hoping Gonthro would pick up on that, i guess not.

Well anyway back to the thread. I've heard some of you talking about past experiences.

Just wondering who has owned one/drove one/borrowed/stole.

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 09:44 AM
but seriously, i have owned 4-5 little 4 banger cavi's i think they have large magnets in the trunk, because 2 pf them were written off because of rearenders, and anotherone got rearended but was not written off....

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 09:48 AM
I've driven them as rentals...wow what a non-inspiring experience that was.

finboy
04-23-2004, 09:52 AM
i've driven tonnes of them and absolutly hate them, that count?:dunno:

euro tang
04-23-2004, 09:56 AM
I have owned two before. The first one I got was a 92 Z, it was my first car back when I was still in high school and I loved it so much. About a year later I bought a 98 Z but that car got writen off when I let some punk ass dumb fuck drive it, who then drove it into a house :guns: , but thats another story.

Anyways, Im done with j-bodies and will never buy one again because I dont like em no more.

7thgenvic
04-23-2004, 09:57 AM
t3rry i mean gonthro what do you drive again?

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
t3rry i mean gonthro what do you drive again?

you're really not funny, and you really should stay on topic, you are the post whore.

I may post alot, but atleast i stay on topic 99% of the time.

(the only time i post off topic is when i have to reply to idiots like you)

1badPT
04-23-2004, 10:19 AM
89 Cavi 4 banger. It was a great first car, but having driven other cars since I realize how unimpressive it is compared to everything else I've owned/driven.

Davan
04-23-2004, 10:37 AM
My last car was a 01 Z24. After sinking about $1200 into the suspension, it was a fun car. But the quality of the build and materials, especially the interior... gawd don't get me started. And GM dealerships? Nightmare.

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Davan
My last car was a 01 Z24. After sinking about $1200 into the suspension, it was a fun car. But the quality of the build and materials, especially the interior... gawd don't get me started. And GM dealerships? Nightmare.

Yeah, I think that is the major problem. Build quality is the shits, even in my 94 everthing rattles or squeeks.

Anyone have any J-body stories good/bad?

3G
04-23-2004, 10:55 AM
I've had 2 94 Sunbirds which I got rid of so fast. and a 1988 Cavalier which was just used to bag on and do e-brakes (back when I got my license)

xkon
04-23-2004, 11:06 AM
I owned a 94 for 3 years... BURIED that thing... it was resurrected twice, once by me and once by the next owner!

Weapon_R
04-23-2004, 11:16 AM
I don't know if this is a J Body, but I once very briefly owned a 1990 Z24. I gotta admit, it was a pretty fun car. 5 Speed and 3.1L isn't too shabby, but I sold it and the new owner complained that he had to replace 3 fuel pumps in the following year. Oh well :dunno:

rc2002
04-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Yup the Z24 is a JBody.

I've owned a 3rd gen one. It's actually really fun to drive!

4doorj
04-23-2004, 11:26 AM
i owned one... 2000 cavalier... it was a fun car!!! but i gave it up...u can do alot to cavaliers

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I don't know if this is a J Body, but I once very briefly owned a 1990 Z24. I gotta admit, it was a pretty fun car. 5 Speed and 3.1L isn't too shabby, but I sold it and the new owner complained that he had to replace 3 fuel pumps in the following year. Oh well :dunno:

3.1 is pretty fun, torquey little bitch.

I don't think 3rd gens and 2nd gens should be used in the same context.

anyone with the 2.4 go against a 3.1??

izzoblitzo
04-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Hey! Im driving a 2000 Cavalier right now! I bought it after I graduated highschool.. I've driven a '99 cavalier the body shop loaned me when I was having my body kit put on..

and wow, Im not sure if it's because its a loan car, or difference in the way they designed it. (the cavalier was redesigned for the 2000+ models) The driveability of the 2k model was way better than the 99 model. From the way it feels to the way it handled, there was definately a big difference.

I've had my car for four years, and it hasnt had any mechanical or maintenence problems. Definately a fun car to drive, and for the price, its good for a first car (if you want a new car). :thumbsup:

Some other things that sold me the car at the time were some goodies that the civic hatch didnt have. :bigpimp:

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 12:41 PM
in 2000 they revised alot of shit. GM usually waits 7 years for a model change so in the middle they do a refreshing of the current model.

changes to the tranny,susp. must have made it alot more drivable.

Anyone heard of the cimmaron? must be some hardcore J fans out there to get this one!

Scat
04-23-2004, 12:43 PM
J-body?
HELL NO!

Ajay
04-23-2004, 12:50 PM
I used to own a 90 Z24. Was fun to drive cause the 3.1L V6 was a pretty torquey engine but that's the only thing I miss about that car.........the funness factor while driving it.

Thing turned out to be a POS. I owned it from 99-02 and in those 3 years probably put a good $5-6K into maintenance for that car. It was like clockwork....every month and half too two months something major would go wrong with it and I'de have to pay out the ass to get it fixed.

I ended up selling it for like $3000 and bought my 98 Civic Hatch. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES my hatch though. Kinda interesting that I went from a Z24 that had a nice torquey engine and all the options to a hatchback that has relatively NO power and my only option is a tach!

AH WELL.....no more GM products for me unless it's gonna be a Caddy or a truck!

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
I used to own a 90 Z24. Was fun to drive cause the 3.1L V6 was a pretty torquey engine but that's the only thing I miss about that car.........the funness factor while driving it.

Thing turned out to be a POS. I owned it from 99-02 and in those 3 years probably put a good $5-6K into maintenance for that car. It was like clockwork....every month and half too two months something major would go wrong with it and I'de have to pay out the ass to get it fixed.

I ended up selling it for like $3000 and bought my 98 Civic Hatch. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES my hatch though. Kinda interesting that I went from a Z24 that had a nice torquey engine and all the options to a hatchback that has relatively NO power and my only option is a tach!

AH WELL.....no more GM products for me unless it's gonna be a Caddy or a truck!

so many of the 2nd gens are bagged on from the get go. I've sunk about 2000 into this one in 8 months.
Once you get them all good they are pretty reliable. They have their brand specific problems just like everyone else.

So what causes this extreme hate towards the j-body??

From what i can figure they are an easy target, alot of homo's drive them like they are all that, they are a common first car.

and the fact that they look like ass is subjective, if I thought civic's looked like ass i wouldn't use that against the car.

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 01:02 PM

so many of the 2nd gens are bagged on from the get go. I've sunk about 2000 into this one in 8 months.
Once you get them all good they are pretty reliable. They have their brand specific problems just like everyone else.

From what i can figure they are an easy target, alot of homo's drive them like they are all that, they are a common first car.

and the fact that they look like ass is subjective, if I thought civic's looked like ass i wouldn't use that against the car.

i think its got alot to do with the fact that they are so cheap.... i know personally of 2-3 j-bodies that live near me that the guys are just weiners... one in particular, its a 99 4 DOOR cavi, the only mod he has done is he has the windows tinted (doens't even have a factory poiler) and he goes around blasting his factory stereo, it is very sad actually.

3g4me
04-23-2004, 01:03 PM
used to have a 2000 sunfire, fun car to drive. Wouldnt get one again though.

izzoblitzo
04-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Well.. the thing about these cars are.. well.. basically, cheap. You get what you pay for. And you know what you're getting into when you go to buy it. You cant expect a Steak for the price of a cheeseburger!

I consider the cavalier and sunfire as entry level startup cars. You seldom see owners of a Honda Accord or Mazda miata downgrade to a Chevy Cavalier. Most make a jump from owning a domestic startup car to something more 'exotic' persay.

Cavaliers and sunfires especially, are marketed to be cheap eco cars. And that draws highschool kids, new drivers, people on a budget, rental companies and the lot. Alot of owners of these cars dont take pride or care of it like if they spent hardcash on a mercedes benz. You get all these guys out driving on the streets like mario cart, and right away, these cars are judgemental cars!:thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 01:28 PM
I dunno, for the price, they are fine but they just lack character, and seem very weak and do not last at all...

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I dunno, for the price, they are fine but they just lack character, and seem very weak and do not last at all...

Okay lets play make believe.....

Enzo the benzo is no more, you are kicked out of your house and only have approx 12-14K to get a car on the road that will last for a few years and could be used to transport clients or co-workers.

Do you:

A. Buy a new cavalier/sunfire knowing it is lacking character, slow as hell, looks like ass. but will most likely last the length of time needed and will have a warranty if any problems arise.

B. Buy a used (insert import here) that is out of warranty, might be showing it's age a little bit. It may last another three years without something braking, it may not. The car would look better, sound better and proabably go faster. But if it breaks it's all on you. Ins. may be higher as well.

Take your pick.

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't like to play make believe, but here goes: Buy a 10,000 dollar import or euro, put the rest of the cash in the savings account in case something goes wrong. How's that? ;)

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 01:51 PM
yea, i'd rather have the warrenty to GAURENTEE it lasts a few years, than buy a car that could be bagged, or could have a major problem that the slimy salesman is hiding, and you end up taking the bus.

izzoblitzo
04-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

You cant be more right. Alot of people own these cars for one reason alone, the price. They're used to get your groceries home,take the kids to the soccer game, a quick ride to school. Basic fundamentals of a ride and back. Not much more.

There's a market for these cars, and thats why the streets will be swamped with them.

Then there's the common folk like me that just so happened to pickup this hobby coming out of highschool... and the cavalier being my first car and all, I started to mod it. :thumbsup: Nobody really buys a cavalier or sunfire with the first intent to mod it, but sometimes, you just do with what you got, and after a couple years, you move on to bigger and better things. :D

4doorj
04-23-2004, 02:01 PM
getting a cav is ok... there are soooo many parts for it...
when i had my cav turbo'd ... it had way more torque then my rsx does right now...!!! , but the rsx could probably take it, because of it redlining so late.
i would recomment a jbody to anyone that doesnt ahve alot of money... and that is still into cars, because u can do anything to them

ZorroAMG
04-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Exactly, there is nothing wrong with the cars, or modding them, just that I don't particualrily like J-body design or quality. First car or not, you buy what you like, and what you can afford.

Davan
04-23-2004, 03:00 PM

anyone with the 2.4 go against a 3.1??

Yep.

Contrary to what most may think, the 2.4 is actually quicker than the 3.1

Not like the 2.4 has any top end, but in comparison, the 3.1 really falls on it's face in the higher gears.

QuasarCav
04-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Davan

Yep.

Contrary to what most may think, the 2.4 is actually quicker than the 3.1

Not like the 2.4 has any top end, but in comparison, the 3.1 really falls on it's face in the higher gears.

yeah, i'd like to believe the numbers but a 2.4 will win in any race that is over 500ft.

I beat them off the line all the time but when my car clunks into second it's a different story.

my engine is useless over 4500, but the 2.4 sounds like it is going to fall apart after 5000.

izzoblitzo
04-23-2004, 03:28 PM
speaking of cavaliers, does anybody know what ever happened to that neon green TFATF cavalier in town? I saw that at GSL chev getting serviced once, and I know there was a big fuss about it awhiles back, but since then, no more sightings.

On a side note, everybody is modding these days! the guy stucco'ing my neighbors house was driving a black mdx with huge ass rims!:eek:

4doorj
04-23-2004, 04:06 PM
yeah i think that guy painted his car orange... thats what i heard... im not to sure... i remember seeing it at drag warz...

Ben
04-23-2004, 07:03 PM
I raced a 90's Z24 at Race City last year, that was loud as all hell, 3.1L and he said he had massive engine work, P+P heads, larger intake mani, and full exhaust system.

I ran a 15.712 and he ran a 16.8.

Conclusion: A Bullshitter driving an abnoxiously loud car.

Ajay
04-24-2004, 12:14 AM

I dunno about them being all reliable from the get go either. My mom had a 2000 Cavalier sedan (my sister has it now cause my mom got a 04 Corolla) but that thing had a few problems from the get go (i.e. power steering rack, and waterpump). This car only had maybe 30,000KM when this stuff started to come up so it was covered under warranty but still....after 30K KM you wouldn't expect this. The car is my sister's now and she only has maybe 60K KM on it now cause she barely drives anywhere and it seems to be working all good but once again she barely drives it.

The problems I had weren't brand specific problems. When your clutch, waterpump, power steering rack, throttle body, and both power window motors go in a matter of 6.5 months that's not brand specific...that's a POS!! Granted when I bought my car it was already 9 years old but I didn't really bag on it. I treated that one really good. I don't hate JBody's but I would never buy one again nor recommend them to any of my friends that are looking for a starter vehicle just cause of my experiences with them.

My first car was a 86 Dodge Omni and I still have the key for that car dangling on my key chain cause I LOVED that car.....my 2nd was my Z24 and I have nothing remaining to remind me of it cause I'm glad it's gone.

barmanjay
04-24-2004, 01:08 AM
I own a 92 z24 right now, and it's hella fun!!!! very torquey!!!.
I think i was lucky with this used buy, no probs yet this year (bought it late last year), so far only needed the basic oil and filter changes (knock on wood).

as for racing a 2.4,..well a modded 2.4

I get it off the line, 2nd is about even, 3rd it creeps past, and after that i didn't wanna know, lol

but yeah,... lots of fun!!!
I can't say I wouldn't reccommend this as a first car (only if you are a hardcore gm fan and are on a buget i would, or if you just love torque, but don't like the v8 fuel consumption),.. but my first, (and the next few to follow) was a VW rabbit. 78 to be exact.

now, an older VW I WOULD reccommend (maybe not as old as mine was),... very peppy, extremely easy to fix, service or replace parts yourself, plus there are many aftermarket parts for them at reasonable prices.

But for now, I'm all about that v6 torque! who knows later down the road.
I think I'll try and get the peak performance that this v6 is capable of, then move on to something else that i can push to the limit.

and another note,... as for reliability,... a good buddy of mine has an 88 z24, that he bags on every day with 355 xxx kms on it, and the probs were just minor, however the steering linkage is tired and needs replacing now.

As for looks,.... I remember when the phase II, 2nd generation first came out,.... was the sportiest of all.
I don't mind the base models that much, but the ones with sport packages - yes. I think the 2nd gen Z's (and berretta gt's & gtz's) were the best looking domestic sport compact in the early to mid 90's (i'm old, and old school, but feel like i'm 19)

DeathBy240
04-24-2004, 02:04 PM

You made a comma splice! It should read: Come over some time and I WILL give you a grammar lesson; I'll consider that a public service. You used a comma to separate two independant clauses! Please don't teach anyone grammar.

Ok, back to talking about J-bodies. I have never owned one.

cobber112879
04-24-2004, 02:25 PM
I had a 92 Z24, my first car, and I traded it in on a 98 Sunfire GT. They were O.K cars. No real trouble with either. Not bad daily drivers for not a whole lot of money. Don't own a J body anymore, but I wouldn't say they were bad cars by any means.

syko
04-25-2004, 04:45 AM
i drive a 88 Z, 354000 kms still goin strong, needs bodywork but its gettin done slowly. I dont know what I like about them, its just that I beat the crap out of it day after day and it doesnt break, it hasnt dissapointed me too badly yet and I see no reason to move on yet. when my insurance comes down, then thats a different story :D

plus its not like there isnt any options to make them faster... 3400 SFI swaps....3.1/3100 hybrids...a built up 3400 could possibly break 13s, 14s for sure N/A (a stock 3400 runs 14.9 in a cavy). And these swaps are quite cheap. I know thats not fast but really its not bad for a cheap domestic...

i'll stick with my Z for a while I think :)

QuasarCav
04-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by syko
i drive a 88 Z, 354000 kms still goin strong, needs bodywork but its gettin done slowly. I dont know what I like about them, its just that I beat the crap out of it day after day and it doesnt break, it hasnt dissapointed me too badly yet and I see no reason to move on yet. when my insurance comes down, then thats a different story :D

plus its not like there isnt any options to make them faster... 3400 SFI swaps....3.1/3100 hybrids...a built up 3400 could possibly break 13s, 14s for sure N/A (a stock 3400 runs 14.9 in a cavy). And these swaps are quite cheap. I know thats not fast but really its not bad for a cheap domestic...

i'll stick with my Z for a while I think :)

But the costs and labor involved are what kills the aftermarket for this car.

I dont think a 3.4 swap compares to a B18 swap in terms of reliability,costs,aftermarket support.

Didn't think that there were many owners out there.

barmanjay
04-25-2004, 10:49 AM

I dont think a 3.4 swap compares to a B18 swap in terms of reliability,costs,aftermarket support.

cost is nothing if you can find one in the yard, and give it a moderate rebuilt (pick-a-part usually has $50 engine sales a few times a year, and $50 all-u-can-haul),.... and of course labour is nothing if you're a monkey wrencher like me,..lol

you can do anything if you take your time and not try and rush anything. and remember when you take things off, put them back on in the same order.

so all in all, with all the gaskets you'll need to buy and etc., if you do it yourself should only cost you a few bills

ZMan2k2
04-25-2004, 11:03 AM
I've got a 2003 sedan, with the Ecotec engine (opel) and the 4T40E(Isuzu) auto trans. I have had it for about 6 months now, and the only problem I've had with it, is a trim piece broke one of the clips, so I got it replaced.

As for all the J-body hate on here, I don't take it personal. I know why I bought this car, I know what it's capable of, and I know where I'm going with it. If someone wants to hate on my car, that's fine.

There are plenty of examples of people taking different models of cars, and doing plenty of stupid things to them. My biggest pet peave of any car it the large "grapefruit shooter" mufflers. Honestly, I can't understand why anyone would want their car to sound like a lawnmower on crack.

But J-bodies are easy targets, cause there are SOOOOO many of them out-there. As well, because of the low cost of purchase, there are plenty of in-experienced drivers who tool around in their cars, like they are participating in an SCCA race.

So go ahead, hate on the J. It doesn't get to me, and I don't think that anybody here will have EVERYONE love their car. As long as their are cars, their will be lovers and haters of every car made.

3g4me
04-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
I've got a 2003 sedan, with the Ecotec engine (opel) and the 4T40E(Isuzu) auto trans. I have had it for about 6 months now, and the only problem I've had with it, is a trim piece broke one of the clips, so I got it replaced.

As for all the J-body hate on here, I don't take it personal. I know why I bought this car, I know what it's capable of, and I know where I'm going with it. If someone wants to hate on my car, that's fine.

There are plenty of examples of people taking different models of cars, and doing plenty of stupid things to them. My biggest pet peave of any car it the large "grapefruit shooter" mufflers. Honestly, I can't understand why anyone would want their car to sound like a lawnmower on crack.

But J-bodies are easy targets, cause there are SOOOOO many of them out-there. As well, because of the low cost of purchase, there are plenty of in-experienced drivers who tool around in their cars, like they are participating in an SCCA race.

So go ahead, hate on the J. It doesn't get to me, and I don't think that anybody here will have EVERYONE love their car. As long as their are cars, their will be lovers and haters of every car made.

Dude i dont know what you are reading but nobody is hating on j's here?:dunno:

BTW> GO FLAMES GO:rofl:

syko
04-25-2004, 07:40 PM

lol you think a B18 swap is a less costly swap?? There is people that have spent less than 800 bucks dropping a 3400 into the J body. Besides, how many people do you know own a 3400 cavalier, and how many do you know who have done the B18 swap? Im not out there to do the same thing as everyone else... And also, import parts are way more expensive than anything domestic. Who the hell compares a 3400 swap to a B18 swap anyways, different cars, different swaps.

As for aftermarket, fuck aftermarket support man. Why does everyone need a product to be developed so they can just bolt it on?? No one does custom work anymore or what? There is some pretty damn nice cavis on v6z24.com, a combination of the little aftermarket there is, and a lot of custom work.

It really sounds like you are starting to dislike your Jbody, so much negativity.

oh and by the way, 3rd gens are NOT reliable, they are pieces of shit I will fully agree with that, but my 2nd gen will last for years to come if I want it to.

I know my car isnt fast, Im not trying to make it something its not, but im still going to enjoy it while I have it. If people are goin to hate on me, so be it. Im still gonna run the cavy at racecity next weekend, who cares if I run a 16.xx, I could give a shit less. Im just out here tryin to have some fun with what ive got.

and by the way, anyone who wants to see a 2.4 up against a 3.1 and 2.8 cavy, we are hoping to be at racecity next weekend. I know my buddies 2.4 will take me for sure, weve raced before and he gets me when we hit third gear. Should be some pretty close races tho.

syko
04-25-2004, 07:54 PM
and by the way quasar, is that your car in your avatar or what? the reason I ask is because thats wckdz24s car.....

http://www.v6z24.com/registry/wckdz24/

and here is your avatar pic: http://www.v6z24.com/pictures/users/wckdz24/CLNDRZ2_th.jpg

Whats that all about?

QuasarCav
04-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by syko
and by the way quasar, is that your car in your avatar or what? the reason I ask is because thats wckdz24s car.....

http://www.v6z24.com/registry/wckdz24/

and here is your avatar pic: http://www.v6z24.com/pictures/users/wckdz24/CLNDRZ2_th.jpg

Whats that all about?

Sorry, I changed it so no one is pissed off. I just wanted to put a 2nd gen in my avatar and that was the one i found.

And i know they are different car and different swaps, that is what comparison is for. to compare different things and see there likeness.

What does a guy with a cavy do for more power= 3.4 swap
what does a guy with a civic do for more power = engine swap

that is the likeness, two different enthusiasts swapping engines fore more power.

Civic guys: what is the approximate cost for a bargain basement B18 swap?

Cavy guys: same question, not for your uncle's engine and have your brother do the work. but for the swap installed under the same conditions a the B18?

CSMRX7
04-26-2004, 09:26 AM
I had a 95 Cavalier. It was my first car when I was 16. By the time I was 18 I had run it into the ground.

I was such a POS. I don't think I would ever buy another chevy after my experiences with the Cav.

syko
04-26-2004, 09:33 AM
yeah I think a 3400 swap done by a shop or anyone would cost probably around the same amount as any other swap, but I dont think I have heard of anyone getting a shop to do the swap...its 100% custom work done at home. The mount is custom made by a v6z24 member, and I think JBP started selling them too. There is a few things you have to piece together like a longer throttle cable from an L body....but all in all its an easy swap for the home garage...not that the B18 swap isnt but generally those engines cost more than a 3400...and even then it depends on what year engine, because the 3400 has been in production for a long time too.

I dont even know if im going to do the swap, I think I might just go for a 2000+ 3100 top end swap for the better flowing heads and +15 hp...not a lot but better than stock.

im a cheap bastard. lol.

syko
04-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I raced a 90's Z24 at Race City last year, that was loud as all hell, 3.1L and he said he had massive engine work, P+P heads, larger intake mani, and full exhaust system.

I ran a 15.712 and he ran a 16.8.

Conclusion: A Bullshitter driving an abnoxiously loud car.

by any chance, was it this one? http://www.v6z24.com/registry/z24dawg

IFAIK he now runs a 14.9 N/A with the 3.2/3100 hybrid and hes working on a 3.2/3400 hybrid...but it could have been him before he had all the work finished on the car, or a completely different guy...

http://www.domesticcrew.com/dawg/engine/index.htm

Freebs
04-26-2004, 03:15 PM
I own a 01 sunfire, not the best car but for my 16th b-day present it wasnt bad. Not a bad overall car :thumbsup:

QuasarCav
04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
I think the consensus is...

older J-bod= good first car, torquey motor, not all that reliable
newer=common first car, slow(unless 2.4), even less reliable.

Thanks for your comments guys, I would have thought there would be more hating!:thumbsup:

I'll think up another j-bod question soon. I know your looking forward to it