PDA

View Full Version : Everyone On The Bandwagon!

PGTze
04-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Does it really piss any of you off that everyone and there dog is jumping on the Flames bandwagon. Since the Flames made the playoffs and one a series ever person in Calgary thinks they are the supreme Flames fan and know everything about the Flames and exactly whats going to happen in the next game. It's great and all that the city supports the Flames, but fuck it really pisses me off when people who have told me they hate hockey in the past, are now are telling me that the Flames are going to win the Cup because Jarome Iginla has a really hard shot and Kipper is the best golie ever.

I say, get the hell off the bandwagon unless you were there through all the tough years, God knows I was along with lots of others.

:guns: :guns: :guns:

Ben
04-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Get over it, such is life!

GO FLAMES GO!

SI-vic
04-23-2004, 06:13 PM
I know how you feel!
I mean half the city probably doesnt even know 5 players on the Flames organization by their first name.....

I mean, its ok to be a hockey fan and be EXCITED for the Flames but I hate the people who all of a sudden are die hard Flames fans.
"Go Flames Go.... I love the Flames!!!"

oh yah really? how many games have you been to in the past 7years?
I find mostly GIRLS are bandwagon jumpers.

xrayvsn
04-23-2004, 06:14 PM
I think its great that the Flames' series win has renewed interest in the team. I know it must suck for people who stuck with them through the drought, but its pretty inevitable when a team is hot for people to jump on the bandwagon, and when they're struggling, the exact same people get on the bandwagon about how much they suck.

Hell, everyone I know in Edmonton is even cheering for the Flames. There was even an editorial in the front page of the Sports section in the Edmonton Journal about how its okay for Edmontonians to cheer for the Flames. Now that's jumping on the bandwagon, but I'm all for it. Everyone is so excited for them. Nothing wrong with that.

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 06:16 PM
would you rather the usual 6 fans in the dome, as have been for the past 7 years... if you can honestly tell me you have been to every flames home game in the past 7 years then I’ll listen to you bitch... all you people think you're such hardcore flames fans, yer just a bunch of hypocrites

PGTze
04-23-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic
I know how you feel!
I mean half the city probably doesnt even know 5 players on the Flames organization by their first name.....

I mean, its ok to be a hockey fan and be EXCITED for the Flames but I hate the people who all of a sudden are die hard Flames fans.

:werd:

Ben must have started being a Flames fan 5 days ago, ha jk man:D. But seriously though,. I'm talking about people who know the name Iginla and thats about it, but hey know that the Flames will win the Cup for sure if they just had one of them good trap things. Even the casual Flames fan I have no problem with, but like SI-vic said, If you can't name more then five first names of the flames, you have no business telling me anything about the Flames or what they should do.

BigShow
04-23-2004, 06:24 PM
I can't believe your bitching about this, it's more fun to see everyone enjoying the wins together rather than just die hard fans. Your no fun :thumbsdow

PGTze
04-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
would you rather the usual 6 fans in the dome, as have been for the past 7 years... if you can honestly tell me you have been to every flames home game in the past 7 years then I’ll listen to you bitch... all you people think you're such hardcore flames fans, yer just a bunch of hypocrites

Hahaha your calling me a bitch, but I gaurantee you wouldnt say shit to my face you hurtbag.

Did I ever say I've been to every home game for the past seven years? No. Hell has anyone, probably not.

And when did I ever complain about having more fans at the Dome, I'd like you to point these statements out for me Gonthro...

SI-vic
04-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

its not about people being at the games....
I feel its great and amazing when people cheer for the Flames..

but what PGTze and I are talking about are the people who think they know everything about hockey all of a sudden because the Flames made the playoffs.
4 years ago, bandwagon jumpers would've said, "The Flames suck, they'll never win the cup again."
Now they are saying, "Oh I've been a Flames fan all my life, I've always supported them, they rule!"

"The flames will win because John Iginla has a wicked shot, and Mike Kippersoff is a good goalie."

Good arguement there.

A_3
04-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Man what are you worrying about. I was with them through the hard years and yeah everyone jumped on the bandwagon but i think it's great for the city and organization. I used to get pissed off because when the Flames used to play a team like the Leafs half the fans would be cheering for Toronto, now everyones givin'er for the Flames. If you ask most of the girls who obviously are bandwagon jumpers they'll admit it. Most of them just enjoy benig caught up in the whole thing and watch the games for fun. Anyways GO FLAMES GO!!!!!

Gonthro
04-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

Hahaha your calling me a bitch, but I gaurantee you wouldnt say shit to my face you hurtbag.

i never called you a bitch, i said i would listen to you bitch.. bitch = complain... learn how to read...

ohh gawd, an internet threat, please mommy help me

Ben
04-23-2004, 07:52 PM

but what PGTze and I are talking about are the people who think they know everything about hockey all of a sudden because the Flames made the playoffs.
4 years ago, bandwagon jumpers would've said, "The Flames suck, they'll never win the cup again."
Now they are saying, "Oh I've been a Flames fan all my life, I've always supported them, they rule!"

Ben must have started being a Flames fan 5 days ago, ha jk man:D.

I know you're kidding, but just for fun, here's some stuff I've been through, as I have been called a flames bandwagonner myself, and dont appreciate it: my uncle is an NHL linesman, and I'm born and raised here in Calgary. I have met Lanny Mcdonald numerous times and my sister and Theoren Fleurys son played on the same baseball team for several years. I Trick or Treated at Gary Roberts house and he always said "Say Hi to your Uncle for me". I've been a huge Hockey fan since I was 6 years old, sitting in a Co-Op Kiddies Corrall, watching Calgary and Montreal battling the Habs in the 89 stanley cup Finals. I even have the flaming C that I made that night, cut out and glued onto a popsicle stick. I even played for Bow Valley Hockey (which has the same jerseys as Calgary) for 10 years.

I've always been a Flames fan, however you cant blame people to NOT want to get in on the rave right now. Their city is doing well, and its not just pride in their hockey team, it's pride in their town. Having pride in the place one lives is not as common as people think, and as a result, whether or not you feel that people are hopping on the bandwagon, it has been nothing but good. Last night I shook hands people people I had never met, and would not have met if they were not flames fans. People running up and down 17th ave with flags, high fiving everyone. When is the last time people have done that?

The Calgary flames, whether they have a bandwagon of fans hat are only cheering for them when they win is life. If they dont win the cup, yeah, people will lose interest in hockey I'm sure, however, the newly sustained city morale and energy, teamwork and citizenship has been increased leaps and bounds. People have set asside petty differences and come together in unity, if anyone has doubts in this, take a walk down 17th on a Game night.

Good for the Flames, win or Lose. They've impacted people on so many levels.

lam-boy
04-23-2004, 08:01 PM
people will come and go, i know it makes you mad but it doesn't really matter.

I mean i've been a flames fan since i was 4, thats when i got my FIRST jersey ever. and it was a flames jersey. That year i got my first hockey stick and everything. i have always been a flames fan even when they sucked. everyone called me an idiot cause i liked these guys. they always ask me why i dont like a "Winning" team. (Calgary pwned montreal in the forum :D)

i remember i went to school with a calgary hat in elementary and got ridiculed by half the school cause they "sucked" so much. but now its funny cause all those people who said shit about the flames back then are now the ones who are saying "yeah flames rock! i like how that black guy keeps scoring"

but be glad you aren't from like vancouver or something, those guys have the worst band wagon jumpers.

every city has their wagon jumpers, but i see that calgary doesn't have as many..i mean even when our team was losing we still held 14-15000 people in attendance.

JordanLotoski
04-23-2004, 08:04 PM
hey i jumped on the bandwagon...so what...iam not a hocky fan at all..but when they are doing so well its fun to go out to some bars watch a few games have a few drinks.....

sexualbanana
04-23-2004, 08:21 PM
It's cool when people are saying go flame go. That's cool. In fact, I was at a marketing conference in Edmonton last month, and we even managed to get people from Vancouver, Saskatchewan, Toronto and Victoria chanting Go Flames Go. That was sweet.

My issue is that some band wagon jumpers suddenly think they are experts and believe they can dissect every second of the game, when they couldn't possibly be anymore wrong. It's when I talk to people like that, that make me wonder 'Does this guy even know what a hockey stick is?'

It also kind of irritates me that last year, most people wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything Flames related. Now I can't go anywhere without seeing at least 50 jereys. It's like great, where were you when the Flames really could have used your support?

JordanLotoski
04-23-2004, 08:22 PM
man i wouldnt be caught dead wearing a flames jersey weither they win or lose...doesnt mean i cant be intrested in the game....

method
04-23-2004, 09:29 PM
if you honestly expect people to be screaming for the flames year after sad year, you're pretty naive.

I always hoped the flames would do good, but during the late 90s, early 00s I wasnt running around with my face painted every damn game... and who can blame me?

no one, that's who. people will start showing more support when the team does well.

no one wants to cheer their heart out for a team that has no chance at all, it's a huge let down... when the flames came out of the gates with a good season, more 'sleeper' fans started coming out of the woodwork, and more obviously continue.

yes I've still got my tiny flames jersey that doesnt fit anymore, and my decade old flames hat, and my framed little painting of lanny's last goal they sold at the saddledome when it was JUST the 'saddledome'. I've always respected this city and its teams.

PGTze
04-23-2004, 10:06 PM
So far my point has fallen on deaf ears...

I think it's great if you are supporting the Flames playoff run even if you arent a Flames fan.

The thing that was pissing me off was when people who don't have a clue about the Flames try telling me who they should put on there PK, and that they should use this brand of gear cause its better. These are the same people that told me in september that the flames would never come close to makign the playoffs. Now the bandwaogoners attitude has changed
to the tune of, 'Iknew theyd make it all along'.
Basicly I have no problem with all the support for the Flames, but lets face facts, bandwagon jumpers who think they know everything and 'claim' to have been there from the start are basicly sports versions of 'ricers'.

GT2NV
04-23-2004, 11:37 PM
bandwagon jumpers who think they know everything and 'claim' to have been there from the start are basicly sports versions of 'ricers'. :rolleyes: yo chill out man its just sports
EDIT: but i will agree with you on the terms of girls, all dressing up in slutty flames outfits, not knowing how many periods are in the game, and its funny how they think guys are actually gonna try and pick them up during a flames game, guys dont give a shit about women when they watch playoffs, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD AND STOP ANNOYING ME WHEN THE FLAMES ARE IN OT !!!!
hahaha i think ive turned into you glen:nut:

Seanith
04-24-2004, 12:22 AM
I think its great that the flames are doing well. I admit, i've jumped on the bandwagon. I used to be a huge flames/hockey fan when i played hockey in elementary and jr.high. If I can become a fan again, this is really great for the team. I never thought i would ever be interested in teh flames again. I'm glad that after all the hard years, things couldn't be better for the flamers. :)

ryder_23
04-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I'm born and raised here in Calgary. I have met Lanny Mcdonald numerous times

i got drunk with his family for game 7 :thumbsup:

The biggest thing is, atleast theirs fans, sure, i've been not always along side the flames, ie: making fun of our organization in the past for gettin rid of all the good players in the nhl today...but i've always been cheering for them...i cant name off the whole organization, but i know all the players names, and what roll they play with the flames...

but atleast we have bandwagoners out their helping cheering etc... its better to have fake fans, than no fans...I'm sure theirs people who goto the games, who arnt flames fans, but are cheering them on giving them support, i think thats the most important, who cares if they know anyones anmes

Kobe
04-24-2004, 12:32 AM
HAHHAA FUNNY STORY

So I was working today, and the girl next to me was trying to make a conversation with a costumer. so she says "Do you know what the score is in the game" The guy was like what game she said" Calgary and Detroit game" he just looked and was like WTF... like she was high or something.. So i had 2 come 2 the rescue and make fun of her saying in a louder voice so more people could hear me "The Flames don’t play tonight, they play every second day, hence they played last night" she was like "O, hehehe my bad" then she said how she almost cried when Vancouver scored with "10" Yes "10" seconds remaining.. haha I just didn't even say anything 2 her after that comment. But I had to know, if she really know anything about the flames so i asked her if she knew the name of the Calgary flames goalie and she said " Its Tikker or Pipper" Hahaha oo I think ever was looking at me when i was laughing at her...

Shes soooo DUMB... Anyways that’s my little story about a dumb calgarian

Edit: Iv always been a flames fan since i was little, when i stoped playin hockey i kind of died down on the flames and it was flames and Colorado, untill last year when they were doing good at the beggining of the season... Then i got into them again

SoSlowDx
04-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by BigShow
I can't believe your bitching about this, it's more fun to see everyone enjoying the wins together rather than just die hard fans. Your no fun :thumbsdow

:werd: quit your bitching :rolleyes:

Khyron
04-24-2004, 12:40 AM
I am a bandwagon jumper and proud of it. MAKE ROOM!!!!

BTW - they should just give Sutter a stick and let him loose. Yah! And the goalies should fight more! YAH!

Khyron

Wildcat
04-24-2004, 12:59 AM
I can say ive hopped on the the flames bandwagon since last season, even when they didnt make the playoffs, i still saw a turnaround and have been routin' for em ever since!

Before a couple years ago id only go to see the flames when the leafs were in town (been a fan ever since i can remember). We had a lil joke goin about it too...

"Its not quite often you get to see your two favorite teams play..."

"The Leafs, and whoever is playing the flames". :D

But i dont quite think im the type of person your frustrated with, as i am no slouch when it comes to the game of hockey. But I can see where your coming from glen, its not the flames bandwagon they're hopping on per-say, its the hockey bandwagon. Not saying thats a bad thing at all, it gets young kids supporting their home team again, raises the city's spirit, and is an overall positive thing.

What adgetates you (and me), is the teenage girl portion of the population. They are turning into a bunch of mindless puck-bunnies who know shit-all about the game, and annoy the rest of us educated hockey enthusiasts. Does that mean they cant cheer for the flames? No, but just dont try and shoot the shit about puck when your shit gun aint loaded. :rofl:

Maybe its not the flames bandwagon that is bothering you at all, maybe its just teenage girls?? :dunno: :D

lam-boy
04-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
I can say ive hopped on the the flames bandwagon since last season, even when they didnt make the playoffs, i still saw a turnaround and have been routin' for em ever since!

Before a couple years ago id only go to see the flames when the leafs were in town (been a fan ever since i can remember). We had a lil joke goin about it too...

"Its not quite often you get to see your two favorite teams play..."

"The Leafs, and whoever is playing the flames". :D

But i dont quite think im the type of person your frustrated with, as i am no slouch when it comes to the game of hockey. But I can see where your coming from glen, its not the flames bandwagon they're hopping on per-say, its the hockey bandwagon. Not saying thats a bad thing at all, it gets young kids supporting their home team again, raises the city's spirit, and is an overall positive thing.

What adgetates you (and me), is the teenage girl portion of the population. They are turning into a bunch of mindless puck-bunnies who know shit-all about the game, and annoy the rest of us educated hockey enthusiasts. Does that mean they cant cheer for the flames? No, but just dont try and shoot the shit about puck when your shit gun aint loaded. :rofl:

Maybe its not the flames bandwagon that is bothering you at all, maybe its just teenage girls?? :dunno: :D

hahaha
puck bunnies..

"OMG THAT GUY IS SOOOOOO GOOD! whats his name again??"

"I DUNNO BUT HES SOOOOOOO FRIGGIN CUTE! HE HE HE!"

"i think _____ is soooooo cute! does he have a WIFE/GF?? I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!"

ah thats funny..

Super_Geo
04-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
I am a bandwagon jumper and proud of it. MAKE ROOM!!!!

BTW - they should just give Sutter a stick and let him loose. Yah! And the goalies should fight more! YAH!

Khyron

:rofl:! Hahaha!

You're so right, Khyron... they should also put Chris Oliwa on the first line since Simon (I forget his last name, but you know the one I'm talking about) got injured.

lam-boy
04-24-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

:rofl:! Hahaha!

You're so right, Khyron... they should also put Chris Oliwa on the first line since Simon (I forget his last name, but you know the one I'm talking about) got injured.

haha yeah its kryztsof or how ever i can't spell his name
but tahts Oliwas first name

Chris is Simon's first name :angel:

fast95pony
04-24-2004, 04:04 AM
I hope Lanny gets a hat trick...

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony

:rofl:

I'm sorry.. I guess you could call me one of those "Bandwagon" jumpers. I normally don't give a fu*k about hockey. I have only been to maybe 3 games in the last 7-8 years, and I really dont know too many of the flames players by first name... Growing up, I used to be a big hockey fan, but have better things to do with my time than follow hockey. I guess if it bothers you so much... I could cheer for the better team... Detroit!

GT2NV
04-24-2004, 11:55 AM

:werd: werd to big bird
my thoughts exactly

ZorroAMG
04-24-2004, 08:39 PM
Actually, it seems to me that PGTze is the one totally missing the point. Playoff fan support is a COMPLETELY different anomaly then regular season support, IN EVERY sport. It always has been and always will be. It is not all about "oooh looky I'm the number one fan cause I know all their names, WHY ARE YOU CHEERING??" it's about people sharing a city with a sports team and supporting them in their great efforts. People go to the stampede and rodeo every year and have a great time cheering etc without EVER riding a horse? WTF is the difference? Chill out and enjoy the fact that everyone that sees your flag and jersey smiles and hi-fives you, THAT is what its about.

BTW Game 3 will pwnz0r Detroit.

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Actually, it seems to me that PGTze is the one totally missing the point. Playoff fan support is a COMPLETELY different anomaly then regular season support, IN EVERY sport. It always has been and always will be. It is not all about "oooh looky I'm the number one fan cause I know all their names, WHY ARE YOU CHEERING??" it's about people sharing a city with a sports team and supporting them in their great efforts. People go to the stampede and rodeo every year and have a great time cheering etc without EVER riding a horse? WTF is the difference? Chill out and enjoy the fact that everyone that sees your flag and jersey smiles and hi-fives you, THAT is what its about.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: AMEN

Wildcat
04-24-2004, 11:16 PM

will you be goin to the game zorro?

KLCC
04-25-2004, 05:18 AM
Let me name some players:

Joe Mullen, Bret Hull (still playing against calgary), Paul Henderson (the guy who score against the russian), Kelly Kisio and Gary Leeman (who can forget about the absolute WORST trade of all time)

But who cares, if flames win another cup, it would be great, otherwise, we are in the black already, better luck next time.

that's my 2 cents :)

hendosa
04-25-2004, 11:11 AM

:werd: I went to watch game 1 vs. detroit with some of my buddies and there were a few chicks from school there who TALKED throughout the whole game, and what was worse was some of the dudes I was with jumped into the conversation and ignored most of the game. I know detroit games can be boring to watch sometimes but if you are just coming to chat and wear your flames jersey then phuq off!

P.S. Paul Henderson rules

PGTze
04-25-2004, 04:18 PM
oooh looky I'm the number one fan cause I know all their names, WHY ARE YOU CHEERING

When did I say that?... That's what I thought, I didn't.

I think it's greaet that everyone has developed Flames pride and all that. My problem is just with morons who act like they are the ultimate Flames fan even though they did't know what the Saddledome was until about a week ago.

ZorroAMG
04-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Ok, so what? You know a lot about hockey and the Flames in particular, great. Those other people will continue to make asses of themselves when they speak, so let them, enjoy the game and cheer on.

Wildcat, I have tickets but they aren't very good, looking into some connections for better seats and may unload these 2...

Wildcat
04-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Wildcat, I have tickets but they aren't very good, looking into some connections for better seats and may unload these 2...

cool, if you decide to go ill be in section 121, row 11 somewhere. it'll be my first day back in calgary, that tuesday ill have my last exam and will be anxious to get outta lethbridge and back home. that game will be a kick off to my summer... ill be getting torqued for sure. :thumbsup:

GT2NV
04-25-2004, 10:04 PM

cool, if you decide to go ill be in section 121, row 11 somewhere. it'll be my first day back in calgary, that tuesday ill have my last exam and will be anxious to get outta lethbridge and back home. that game will be a kick off to my summer... ill be getting torqued for sure. :thumbsup:
yo call me when you bust out the car, were going for a cruise bro:D :burnout:

CKY
04-26-2004, 12:24 AM
I know how you feel!

oh oh oh oh uhhhhhh Mikka(thank god), Martin, Shane, Danny, Robyn do i win do i win?? :D

I can proberly name the Flames starting roster off my head ;) yet I'm not a die hard flames fan, just a sports fanatic, whatever playoff season is on, I talk about that sport. But yes I do admit I'm on the Flames bandwagon because I did not have faith in them until they got in the playoffs and I had doubts in them winning against detriot on the first game. Look on the good side, our team is finally getting the whole city behind their back for once in a LONG time:clap:

Wildcat
04-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by black94gt

yo call me when you bust out the car, were going for a cruise bro:D :burnout:

:werd: , ill have to wait till may but we'll goto the 403 meet on the 5th forsure.

BloNdie
04-26-2004, 10:03 AM
I think the cities spirit is awesome, and I know that people have mixed feelings about this whole jumping on the bandwagon thing, and I must admit I'm guilty as charged for all that, but I just thought I'd post this e-mail I got...i thought it was pretty funny...maybe you can think of some more...

So you know your a bandwagon fan when........

1. You bought one of those stupid flags to put on your car because a jersey was too expensive. And besides your only going to wear it for the next two months anyway.

2. The only two players you know are Jerome Iginla and Kiprusoff. And you don't even know Kirusoffs first name.

3. You've only ever watched 7 hockey games in your life, and that was the series against Vancouver.

4. Your only watching the game because you think if you don't you'll be an outcast.

5. You think Chris Simon is two people.

6. You don't call the players by their names you just say their numbers. Ex. "That was a nice goal by number 23."

7. All of a sudden you think Calgary's a good team. (A true Flames fan has always believed that Calgary's a good team).

8. You refer to Krzysztof Oliwa as "that guy who's always hitting people".

9. You refer to Ville Nieminen as "the guy who's always in the box".

10. Girls- Go to the bar dressed up in ton's of Flames gear (that has been borrowed) to make up for their lack of knowledge, and hope guys will find them hot.

11. Guys- Just go to the bar to pick up the girls dressed up in all Flames gear because their easy. And a true Flames fan would never a date a girl who knows nothing about hockey or the Flames.

12. You keep telling everyone how your "such a big Flames fan". A psychologist would say your insecure and feel you have to tell people this so you feel better about yourself, because really your not a "big fan" (Jackass).

13. Anytime someone brings up Flames stats or players names you agree with everything they say, because you don't know what the F*** their talking about. Ex, "Oh yeah I think Harvey Hound is a great prospect to." (This person is an idiot)

14. The final and most obvious one. YOU NEVER LIKED THE FLAMES TIL THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS (asshole).

Oh and P.S- If you think Kiprusoffs first name is Kypper......your dumb.

GO FLAMES GO http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/cgy38.gif

atomic
04-26-2004, 10:16 AM
when does eliteness end

ZorroAMG
04-26-2004, 10:18 AM
:repost: :whocares:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43900&highlight=bandwagon

Gonthro
04-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by BloNdie
12. You keep telling everyone how your "such a big Flames fan". A psychologist would say your insecure and feel you have to tell people this so you feel better about yourself, because really your not a "big fan" (Jackass).

that explains why people keep starting these useless threads

Wildcat
04-26-2004, 10:30 AM
11. Guys- Just go to the bar to pick up the girls dressed up in all Flames gear because their easy. And a true Flames fan would never a date a girl who knows nothing about hockey or the Flames.

wrong, a true flames fan would tap that bandwagon ass, make them take the bus home, and give them your best friends phone number. who ever said anything about dating? :dunno: :D

BloNdie
04-26-2004, 10:44 AM
:dunno: eesh...sorry!

:closed:

roopi
04-26-2004, 11:05 AM
14. You can't spell Jerome Iginla. (It's Jarome)

RiCE-DaDDy
04-26-2004, 11:20 AM
7. All of a sudden you think Calgary's a good team. (A true Flames fan has always believed that Calgary's a good team).

Wrong, Flames were a suck ass team till this year haha

lam-boy
04-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by CKY

oh oh oh oh uhhhhhh Mikka(thank god), Martin, Shane, Danny, Robyn do i win do i win?? :D

I can proberly name the Flames starting roster off my head ;) yet I'm not a die hard flames fan, just a sports fanatic, whatever playoff season is on, I talk about that sport. But yes I do admit I'm on the Flames bandwagon because I did not have faith in them until they got in the playoffs and I had doubts in them winning against detriot on the first game. Look on the good side, our team is finally getting the whole city behind their back for once in a LONG time:clap:

its Miikka bro..miikka

and whos shane and danny? theres a shean and a denis..

Fluidic
04-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony

I'm sure Fleury will assist.

:rofl: :rofl:

GT2NV
04-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BloNdie
04-26-2004, 11:41 AM
I didn't write it, i just got it in an e-mail...Just to let you know

Orbie
04-26-2004, 12:23 PM

So you know your a bandwagon fan when........

lol! There's a difference between being a Flames fan and being ignorant! The Flames haven't been "good" for a long time! whoever wrote this that e-mail is definately on the latter side.

sputnik
04-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic

:rofl: :rofl:

and Reggie Lemelin will get the shutout

BloNdie
04-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

lol! There's a difference between being a Flames fan and being ignorant! The Flames haven't been "good" for a long time! whoever wrote this that e-mail is definately on the latter side.

Agreed...but I guess it was me being ignorant when I decided to post it too. Oops.

Orbie
04-26-2004, 12:38 PM

Agreed...but I guess it was me being ignorant when I decided to post it too. Oops.

haha, don't take it so seriously, I meant no offense to you, I was directing my comment to whoever wrote the e-mail...if anything it was an enlightening experience as I've never seen this e-mail before, thanks for the post:thumbsup:

pinoyhero
04-26-2004, 12:57 PM
I think the bandwagon phenominon is good for the Flames think about next season and the added interest in it. WIthout added support the team will be destined to land in move talks until the end of time.