PDA

View Full Version : many cars on shagganapi *long*

2K255HP
10-11-2002, 10:19 AM
I'm curious to know how many people travel up shagganhapi from the Country Hill Blvd. Side *sorry not good with N,E,S,W's*
There were so many people that were just stranded on the hill

It sucks when someone in front of you causes you to lose all your momentum up a hill and get stuck with them also.

A lady in a red camry was ahead of me and she was already slowing down as we progressed up, we past a few stranded cars on the side but then i think she let off the gas and she started to slow down and lost traction. Eventually she was stuck, but she kept on flooring it eventually turning her cars sideways and if she floored it more she would of been facing me.

Luckily no one was behind me so i backed up on to the grass and when the coast was clear I was able to get up to hill to my surprise.....with trac control i'm not regretting not being able to get a 6-speed and got stuck with an auo :thumbsup:

Now i'm at school on time but my class is cancelled :rofl:

Anybody else have ne crazy street encounters because of the weather?

Hopefully everyone got to their destination all safe and warm with little problems. :thumbsup:

Blue Devil
10-11-2002, 10:52 AM
any edgemont people here? edgemont blvd. had close to 50 cars parked on the sides:nut:

mwmhong
10-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Blue Devil
any edgemont people here? edgemont blvd. had close to 50 cars parked on the sides:nut:

Yep, a bit of everything, vans, cars, trucks, transit buses, semi trucks, etc. it's insane out there.

Audi Kid
10-11-2002, 11:51 AM
ya i just went down 53rd...holy shit! straded cop cars and everything!

kaput
10-11-2002, 12:06 PM

rage2
10-11-2002, 12:49 PM
It took me nearly 2 hours to get from Arbour Lake to Varsity.

Davetronz
10-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Ha ha ha good old edgemont, I should have gone and looked out my back window and watched all the people get stuck ;)

Blue Devil
10-11-2002, 01:05 PM
hahaha, i thought there was a party going on somewhere cause there was cars PARKED everywhere I looked...

davidI
10-11-2002, 01:25 PM
I just gave up, it tooke me 45 minutes to drive what would normally have taken 5 minutes so screw school. I went back to :zzz:

van
10-11-2002, 01:47 PM
I left my house at 7:00am for school and got there at about 8:30am. It was ass. Everyone was going super slow (including me) and like someone posted earlier, people ahead slowed down even more and I lost momentum.

Also there was this minivan or truck behind me, must've been their first winter cause they kept sliding back and forth behind me. Got scared so I kept creeping upa bit.

davidI
10-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Stupid peeps with summer tires are the problem!!! I watched a focus wagon on summer's spin out for 5 minutes while 50 + cars waited behind him!

rage2
10-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Stupid peeps with summer tires are the problem!!! I watched a focus wagon on summer's spin out for 5 minutes while 50 + cars waited behind him!

It's all season's too. It's shocking how many people go through Calgary winters with all seasons. Today was especially bad though, the roads were pure ice at 7am. No winter tire can save you. Well maybe Blizzaks... :D

Audi Kid
10-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by rage2

It's all season's too. It's shocking how many people go through Calgary winters with all seasons. Today was especially bad though, the roads were pure ice at 7am. No winter tire can save you. Well maybe Blizzaks... :D

dude my Continental's all season handle ice and snow soooo well!

and the wieght of that 5cyl on the front wheels helps! peace

92 Teg-B18A
10-11-2002, 04:57 PM
man I go through the winter with a set of Michelin Weatherwise Sports and they do pretty good. really whats the point of having a snow and ice tire when the majority of the time calgary's main roadways are free of ice?

kenny
10-11-2002, 06:44 PM
I didn't get stranded again, man I'm good hahah

2K255HP
10-11-2002, 07:42 PM
I went to costco to get the artic pilot alpines put on the steelies, they were backed up for the whole day 20+ orders to fill
but today going up shagg i was on the craptenza re-92

really surprised I got up and others didn't

I really thought i didn't have a chance since i was stopped but i gave it a go and :clap:

ProbeGT_Masta
10-13-2002, 09:46 AM
Thank god i didn't drive my Proby that day...:)

ecstasy_civic
10-13-2002, 02:13 PM
ya my drive fome harvest hills to crowfoot usually takes 20 min or so, it took me 1:50 min needless to say when i finally got to work it was insane there were so many people wanting to get there cars serviced.