PDA

View Full Version : road test tomorrow!!!

GQBalla
04-23-2004, 10:35 PM
fcuk man im soo fuckin nervous.........

GQBalla
04-23-2004, 10:40 PM
i need some advice!!!!

autobodygal
04-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Best advice....be calm, if you're nervous you will mess up.

GQBalla
04-23-2004, 10:43 PM
thanks man

Ekliptix
04-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Don't leave the E-brake on............like I did.

///M3
04-23-2004, 10:54 PM
its depends on your instructor too, mine was so chill, I did it in a 5 speed corolla lol.
And watch for skool zones cuz they will take you thru at least 1.

GQBalla
04-23-2004, 10:59 PM
i thought school zones are only on weekdays???

A2VR6
04-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
i thought school zones are only on weekdays???

Yea, thats true, but watch for playground zones. Dont be too worried about parking and stuff like that because they'll give you a fair margin for error before deduction. Also even though theres no lanes marked on the road, dont cut across to the left side after making a right turn or else they'll dock you.

xrayvsn
04-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Just try to relax, and pretend the guy marking you isn't there. Nail that parallel parking, and its all good after that. Just a nice, simple Saturday drive, where you're in no hurry to go anywhere.

Good Luck!

Team_Mclaren
04-23-2004, 11:21 PM
BEST ADVICS:

just drive like you nomrally would, if your way of driving wont get u to pass the exam, u dont deserve the drivers! kinda harsh but thats the way it is, im not trying to be an ass but there are so many drivers out there that shouldnt be on the road at the first place!

GOOD LUCK!!!:thumbsup:

Strider
04-23-2004, 11:24 PM
watch out for uncontrolled intersections if they take you thru small residential communities,
other than that, just relax... and obey traffic laws

ACS-e36
04-23-2004, 11:34 PM
dont parallel park/park infront of someones driveway
make sure the instructor guy sees your shoulder checks

Kobe
04-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Make a conversation with him..

Ask him if he wants you 2 check around the car..he will say no..

And make sure you look and slow down in the concontrolled intersections..

Also just keep a conversation with him... You should be set..

lam-boy
04-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
Make a conversation with him..

Ask him if he wants you 2 check around the car..he will say no..

And make sure you look and slow down in the concontrolled intersections..

Also just keep a conversation with him... You should be set..

actually don't talk to him, if you talk to him he will thinK "this guy talks to much and he doesn't pay attention to the road"

just keep your mouth shut, drive the car and you will do fine. if you can't pass it driving normally then you don't deserve to be on the road.

Kobe
04-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Mmmm girl i know her dad dose the driver exams...he said he likes when the driver talks 2 him, so he dosn't feel so nerves...

lam-boy
04-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
Mmmm girl i know her dad dose the driver exams...he said he likes when the driver talks 2 him, so he dosn't feel so nerves...

my dad told me to shut my face or else the guy thinks im not paying attention to the road. also, when your sitting in the car, fix the rear view mirror and stuff so he knows what your doing.

Kobe
04-24-2004, 01:29 AM
yah..ahh thats a tuffy then..matters what the instructor wants...

I know my instructors daughter so i was set :poosie:

Kamen
04-24-2004, 01:31 AM
Drive and don't break the law. Simple.

fast95pony
04-24-2004, 03:40 AM
Ask the Tester if he's seen The Fast n' Furious, then give him a nasty grin....:eek:
Remember to open BOTH the NOS bottles,and crank up the bass before leaving the curb....

:rofl:

Try and relax and listen to the Tester. You'll do fine.
;)

Good luck :thumbsup:

l/l/rX
04-24-2004, 11:07 AM
ahaha matt your post are soo lame aha. anyways i told you already just be relaxed! its only 10min of driving! you know how to drive to soo noo worries!
call me after you're done and tell me results!

habsfan
04-24-2004, 11:58 AM
i dont know if its different over in calgary, but here, you can drive a perfect test and still get failed.......happened to me. went back like a week later, same instructor, didnt do quite as good but still good, and passed with flying colors. luck of the draw i guess

GQBalla
04-24-2004, 11:59 AM
shut the fuck up i failed that shiet cause some jackasss was speeding in residentail area

GQBalla
04-24-2004, 12:03 PM
whoa sorry man not your im talkin to wrx FUCK OFF JARETT ahah

lam-boy
04-24-2004, 12:13 PM
shut the fuck up i failed that shiet cause some jackasss was speeding in residentail area

howd you fail if someone else was speeding??

GQBalla
04-24-2004, 12:26 PM
ok ok i was a residintail area and i stoped in at a stop sign then this guy is like madd speeding down the road and he was way down the road and then when i was pullin outta the stop sign he was right there slammin on his brakes and my instructer guy was all trippin and was like you have to assume your own right of way !!!! the thing that pisses me off was i was a block away from ending the test if i didn't do that i woulda passed but whatever ill juss take it again

Kamen
04-24-2004, 04:27 PM
...it's your fault for not letting him go. Were you in a rush? No. Did you see him speeding? Yes.

habsfan
04-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
...it's your fault for not letting him go. Were you in a rush? No. Did you see him speeding? Yes.

its true, i mean, its not like you have to finish the test in an exact amount of time. if u saw the guy speedin down the road, you should have been able to judge whether or not you could proceed safely.

l/l/rX
04-24-2004, 10:56 PM
whoa sorry man not your im talkin to wrx FUCK OFF JARETT ahah

ahaha dont be like that matt, o well jes try again next weekend =P

anyways your story sounds fuked up...the way you explained to me is that...you were at a 4 way stop, you were about to go through but the other guy was doing a rolling stop and went right through the stop sign, which caused you to brake hard. and then i guess...FAILING! ahaha jk jk dont worry though, next weekend.

eb0i
04-24-2004, 11:04 PM
try to do 5 under the speed limit. Just to be safe.

And when you sit in the vehicle. Make sure everything is comfortable for you before you start and that perhaps distractions like the radio be turned off.